Fallout 4

Goran

There is no way to not have holes in the roof etc as its all scrap!! I started off building my defences and putting beds down, then ramped up the water and food (go to Diamond City and harvest all their crops if you want to do this quickly), then once I was comfortably sustaining my 7 people, built a generator and attached a radio antenna (to attract more slave...I mean settlers) and it multiplies itself from there on with food production etc...now got 18 settlers.

I have built a skyscraper at the entrance to sanctuary with automatic defence turrets, a wall all the way along the river front with further defence turrets...its looking like a rather cynical settlement...doesn't help that I sit on the other side of the river bank shooting my settlers undetected as they farm my crops...

Cheers. I've done the beds, water pumps and food. I'll crack on with the rest.

Your last sentence has a touch of the psychopathy about it. Bravo!

Needing better weapons before I can take on Swan. Main problem is I'm mince at hoarding caps plus if I get close to 500 its immediately put into buying fusion cores

Edited by Dave1875

Needing better weapons before I can take on Swan. Main problem is I'm mince at hoarding caps plus if I get close to 500 its immediately put into buying fusion cores

Sell ammo you don't use. I have about 2000 of the pipe pistol ammo (.38?) ready to go if I need the caps.

All of this talk of you lot doing good at the game is making me upset that I haven't played it for 2 days as I'm stuck and was starting to dislike the game because of this.

I have never played a fallout or even watched any fallout but after reading this section considering driving to game to pick this up.

All of this talk of you lot doing good at the game is making me upset that I haven't played it for 2 days as I'm stuck and was starting to dislike the game because of this.

It's quite hard on the early levels, but if you get a companion to draw the attacks, you're usually ok. Once you get a half decent sniper rifle as well it becomes a bit easier.

What are you stuck on ?

if its a battle - keep stealth mode, watch your health (food / stimpaks / colas) then use VATS for shooting if you are not comfortable with aiming.

keep an eye on armour and items you are picking up - are you using best armour for you, are you using a strong and quick weapon (personally i use a bayonet on the end of rifles for close combat) have you assigned and used grenades and mines ?

I'm still stuck on the second bit of the minutemen mission with the second settlement you've got to help, I still have 0 ammo and cannot find any at all plus when I did have ammo I killed a decent amount and thought codsworth would be a decent help but he died on me.

Just take a runner. Go and do a bit of scavenging. You'll quickly enough come across some ammo and stimpaks.

You can just go back to it.

Do what I did. Lay an absolute power of bottlecap and frag mines at the park entrance, lure him out, then BLAMMO!

I'm playing on normal and have died a few times but not found it difficult so far. I only just realised you can put the plates/leather things on your arms, chest and legs, been running about in army fatigues with no armour :lol:

The crafting is not too bad, been tidying up sanctuary and whatnot. The fences don't fit very well around the perimeter though.

I'm away to some big place to kill raiders after speaking to folk at tinpot bluffs or whatever it's called.

I really struggled in there early on. I ended up going to diamond city first and doing a few missions there and getting a companion before going back to that place and clearing out the bandits

Where is everyone finding all their fusion cores? I'm running low and can't seem to find any and they're far too expensive to buy.

If you have any apparel that boosts charisma wear it and get out of your power armour when trading. Gets much better prices.

That aside you find them near the 'boss' chests and behind locked doors or doors you otherwise need computer terminals to open.

I'm at the point ice found 50 odd from wandering around and have bought 20 odd more from the BoS just from trading ammo types I wont use and pre war money. Not spent a cap on them.

I love the wee bits of colour that Bethesda always throw into the background to give you an idea of what people were doing when the bombs dropped. Just a minor one, but on the freeway above the Corvega plant, there's a car in that had obviously veered off the road and smashed through someone's bedroom. The driver's hanging out of the windscreen (well, where it was) and car's stuffed full of empty beer bottles :P

I know there's been a ton in the other games, but I forget. I've found piles of skeletons before that had obviously died during a frantic group sex session. The couples who obviously curled up together and committed suicide are surprisingly grim.