Fallout 4

Goran

Aye the new survival mode is great. Forces you to really consider how far to push out from your settlements. Spent half an hour trekking to Tenpines Bluff, cleared a couple of areas and then accidentally triggered a mine at Sunshine Tidings and lost half an hour of progress.

I'd tend to go for the Minutemen as the best of an unappealing bunch. Plus if you play your cards right the Brotherhood and Railroad will stick around after you destroy the Institute (anyone who plays as the Institute and doesn't immediately cap Shaun in the back of the head is a wrong 'un imo).

Reading that the next round of dlc may include a place called nuka world.

A post apocalyptic theme park.. that could be interestingm

I've only recently started a survival play through, and i don't particularly love any of my builds from previous play through so it's going to be a while before I get to properly play Far Harbour.

I did have a quick look with one old character. The map is massive, it looks like it's going to be epic.

I wish there was still a middle ground between the new Survival and Very Hard. The game's far too easy with the rate of healing on VH but Survival's still very challenging so I don't fancy tackling Far Harbour with it activated.

To start the new DLC you need to have Nick Valentine as a companion after completing Getting a Clue  

No you don't.

As soon as you start with the Far Harbor DLC installed you get a new radio station with a message on a loop telling you to go to Valentine's agency in Diamond City.  Once there, his assistant (can't remember her name) gives you the mission details and location to start Far Harbor.

You can take any companion you want but I believe Nick Valentine opens up new dialogue options.  I can't remember for the life of me where I sent him to though.

ETA: After playing Uncharted 4, Fallout 4 looks like a Spectrum 48k game in comparison.

Edited by Fide

Ã’

No you don't.

As soon as you start with the Far Harbor DLC installed you get a new radio station with a message on a loop telling you to go to Valentine's agency in Diamond City. Once there, his assistant (can't remember her name) gives you the mission details and location to start Far Harbor.

You can take any companion you want but I believe Nick Valentine opens up new dialogue options. I can't remember for the life of me where I sent him to though.

ETA: After playing Uncharted 4, Fallout 4 looks like a Spectrum 48k game in comparison.

you don't need to take him but you need to have done the mission that gives you the option to have him as a companion. Ellie is the name of his assistant.

I'm rather enjoying the new survival mode. Although it's the first time in many of a year I've just had to put down the controller before the rage takes over.

I died about 10 times trying to reach Good Neighbour all by the hand of different enemies. I finally made it by deciding not to bother going through Hubris comics first.

Far Harbour looks like it'll be a real challenge on survival.

I'm rather enjoying the new survival mode. Although it's the first time in many of a year I've just had to put down the controller before the rage takes over.

I died about 10 times trying to reach Good Neighbour all by the hand of different enemies. I finally made it by deciding not to bother going through Hubris comics first.

Far Harbour looks like it'll be a real challenge on survival.

Survival has made it a completely different game, and I love it. I'm level 10 at the moment, and currently stuck in Diamond City, if it isn't Molotov-chucking Raiders or sleeping ghouls then it's a fucking suicider super mutant. Bunker hill feels like it's miles away..