WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

$9.99 per month for 750000 people is Almost $90million revenue per year. Can't imagine they're losing out tbh. They already own all the footage afaik. Just won't be winning as much as expected...plus xmas just around the corner, probably more subscriptions then.

Incorrect - as they are giving up virtually all there PPV income for this. Plus the running costs are astronomical. To break even compared to the prior model they need 1,000,000 subscribers at least.

Incorrect - as they are giving up virtually all there PPV income for this. Plus the running costs are astronomical. To break even compared to the prior model they need 1,000,000 subscribers at least.

Never thought of the PPV revenue. If this is being launched as a sky channel then does this supersede box office? Not everyone will buy the network but will still want mania or summerslam for example.

Sky sent out an email yesterday making it clear that as far as they are concerned there is not going to be a WWE Network channel with them and that it will be an online service for the UK, they also reiterated the fact that they have a contract with the WWE for exclusive PPV rights in the UK and Ireland up until 2019

Sky were not involved in the decision to postpone the network.

Bullshit. I'm not saying Sky are in the wrong, but it's clearly them who's holding it up. As TheGreenMonster says, they have exclusive rights to the PPV and WWE are trying to put out a product which violates that.

Without another contract being negotiated, surely the only way forward is us getting the Network without live PPVs?

Bullshit. I'm not saying Sky are in the wrong, but it's clearly them who's holding it up. As TheGreenMonster says, they have exclusive rights to the PPV and WWE are trying to put out a product which violates that.

Without another contract being negotiated, surely the only way forward is us getting the Network without live PPVs?

I work for Sky and on our news feed we have been advised that any queries regards the network are to be addressed to WWE.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting on here to avoid potential spoilers in other thread.

Anyone got a link to where I can watch this online for free without spoiling it for myself. There is a website I remember that has all ppvs in parts but im too scared to search for it as I'll inevitably ruin it for myself

Edit - also on my phone so can't use network

Edited by DavidMcG

• 1 month later...

Pleased about that. But it is a bloody disgrace that we alone are paying more than anyone else.

is that going to put anyone off? people have been like TAKE MY GOD DAMNED MONEY for so long they don't care any more. the main thing is getting the same package.

Edited by Christophe