Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panelbase are not a pro-independence group. (Albeit their polls lack credibility)

The pro-independence group I was referring to was WingsOverScotland.

I'm glad you cleared that up, So does this mean any government paid polls we can just disregard since they are against independence?

I'm glad you cleared that up, So does this mean any government paid polls we can just disregard since they are against independence?

Depends if they're deliberately leading polls. Asking questions beforehand along the lines of "Do you trust the expenses fiddlers?" and "Is Scotland a country?" are always going to skew the results.

I'm not a British nationalist. I find Nationalists of all varieties dreadful.

To pick an example off the top of my head, what's so dreadful about Tibetans that want freedom from China?

To repeat, the Manchester Games was funded out of Sports England, the Treasury contributions to which were Barnettable.

Oh Dear,

Assume Ad Lib is correct without doing any research on the matter for yourself. Fail for both of you.

Source http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200102/cmselect/cmcumeds/842/84205.htm

Details of the extra money provided by the government is here

Also for the Manchester games, the BBC covered all the broadcasting costs. They are committed to not doing this for the Glasgow games.

Of course I do. I value accuracy.

I didn't say that the £10.5 million was Barnetted. I suspect it should have been and probably was though. I'm only pointing out that the reason for this guffawing at the Olympics was precisely because SNP types believed a precedent had been set when the primary sources of revenue for the Manchester games came out of Barnettable spending.

What no-one's mentioning here is that the Barnettable spending is only part of the picture. Bear in mind that the Lottery money awarded to SportEngland to fund the Manchester games has not been remotely made available to Glasgow's. There were complaints that were ignored about this at the time.

A vast amount of the lottery funding from the last 5 years all seemed to disappear somewhere. Can't quite recall where.

I felt so angered by this I had to share it.

I was at Crow Rd shopping centre earlier and some guy with a Rangers jacket parked just along from me gets into his royal blue coloured car, which I noticed has a mini Rangers strip in the window, and a Simply the best banner. He promptly puts the window down on a his car and turns on his car stereo to blast out "Up to yer knees in f......".

He then pulls out and as he passes by I see in his back window are 2 "UK OK, Better together" stickers. I nearly vomited with rage.

What a fucking complete and utter bell end of a man. If you are going to Vote No because you genuinely think that we are better in the UK that's one thing but voting No because "I'm a Rangers supporter and Rangers are Unionists and I love the Queen" is madness and your shitey bigoted opinion affects us all when you vote.

Rangers are a cancer on Scotland. I fucking despise them. We have one chance to get this right and make Scotland fairer these c***s are ruining it.

Rant over.

I was at Crow Rd shopping centre earlier and some guy with a Rangers jacket parked just along from me gets into his royal blue coloured car, which I noticed has a mini Rangers strip in the window, and a Simply the best banner. He promptly puts the window down on a his car and turns on his car stereo to blast out "Up to yer knees in f......".
He then pulls out and as he passes by I see in his back window are 2 "UK OK, Better together" stickers. I nearly vomited with rage.
What a fucking complete and utter bell end of a man. If you are going to Vote No because you genuinely think that we are better in the UK that's one thing but voting No because "I'm a Rangers supporter and Rangers are Unionists and I love the Queen" is madness and your shitey bigoted opinion affects us all when you vote.
Rangers are a cancer on Scotland. I fucking despise them. We have one chance to get this right and make Scotland fairer these c***s are ruining it.
Rant over.

2437214-6436852805-30890.jpg

Rant over.

Rangers died.

Well yeah I was.

I'm over it now but thanks for asking.

That particular Rangers fan sets out to antagonise. And it seems he's really done a number on you. A Partick Thistle fan yet he still trolled you a peach. :)

It got you so angry that not only did it make you nearly "vomit with rage" at the time... but hours later you were still so upset you had to have a rant about his unconditional support for the United Kingdom on a football forum. That's 1-0 to him but you've made it easy by scoring an own goal, lol.

But you're right, the Rangers Factor will likely render a large percentage of Yes votes pointless.

That particular Rangers fan sets out to antagonise. And it seems he's really done a number on you. A Partick Thistle fan yet he still trolled you a peach. :)

It got you so angry that not only did it make you nearly "vomit with rage" at the time... but hours later you were still so upset you had to have a rant about his unconditional support for the United Kingdom on a football forum. That's 1-0 to him but you've made it easy by scoring an own goal, lol.

But you're right, the Rangers Factor will likely render a large percentage of Yes votes pointless.

^^^ 70l7xk.jpg

He'll probably not vote anyway.

It's the same a someone voting UKIP because they don't like all the Polish people taking our jobs.

The more I go on this thread the more the people on both sides of the coin are putting off the people on the fence with their conspiracies and stereotypes! A bit of respectful debate comes across a lot better for everyone :)

Archived