Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to check renton, is there a democratic deficit for the people of Yorkshire?

They didn't elect a Conservative/Lib Dem government.

Right.

Do the people of the Shetland Islands have a democratic deficit in Scotland?

They didn't vote for the SNP and their votes don't directly affect election results, so I guess they must have. Lot of democratic deficits about!

So your point is, in an election covering 65 million people, 5 million people don't decide the result? Wow.

In the Scottish election, the people of Falkirk don't directly get to elect the government. I think this is disgraceful. Why should the party I vote for not get in every time!

What a fucking tedious argument but I guess that's no surprise when you consider who's making it :lol:

Salmond all talk, does not want to debate with anybody, he is full of "wind and" well you know the rest

I am surprised. It's not like a No voter to offer up a barefaced lie like this. How peculiar.

Just to reiterate, I gthink we'll get salmond v darling at soem point, and that'll be the only debate.

I think that's unlikely. Remember Darling has been replaced in the Better Together campaign. By.. someone.

There was a thread on it.

I think that's unlikely. Remember Darling has been replaced in the Better Together campaign. By.. someone.

There was a thread on it.

Oh aye, a triumph of folk not reading an article to the end.

Just to reiterate, I gthink we'll get salmond v darling at soem point, and that'll be the only debate.

I thought you'd be pushing for a Galloway v Salmond debate.

That Labour leash obviously still cuts deep.

A one-on-one debate is a stupid idea because both campaigns take in a broad range of views from both sides of the political spectrum.

I'd prefer to see a 3 part series involving Alex Salmond, Patrick Harvie, Colin Fox, Ruth Davidson, Willie Rennie and Alistair Darling. The first part would look at domestic affairs, the second part would look at defence and foreign affairs, and the final part would be based on the economy.

A one-on-one debate is a stupid idea because both campaigns take in a broad range of views from both sides of the political spectrum.

I'd prefer to see a 3 part series involving Alex Salmond, Patrick Harvie, Colin Fox, Ruth Davidson, Willie Rennie and Alistair Darling. The first part would look at domestic affairs, the second part would look at defence and foreign affairs, and the final part would be based on the economy.

Surely Lamont should replace Darling?

I see where you're coming from but when you have that many people on a panel the whole thing just sounds more rehearsed and the average voter won't really learn anything new. Those on each side will try to play happy family so that will kill the debate.

I suppose the more coverage the better though. I don't want one debate; I'd like at least ten.

I am surprised. It's not like a No voter to offer up a barefaced lie like this. How peculiar.

Salmond debates Alexander, wins, no one cares, Salmond debates Darling, wins, no one cares, Salmond debates Cameron, wins, no one cares, Salmond debates either of them and loses, he and the YES campaign are TOAST!, that is why he will run a mile from a debate

Is that the same as "the truth hurts"?

No. It's the same as ignoring a moronic flat-earther.

If you have proof to support your assertion that Salmond ran away from this debate that was going to happen, post it.

Linking specifically to quotes.

Should be easy, given the media attention and that you said it happened.

Otherwise, don't be surprised when people call you a bullshitting troll.

No. It's the same as ignoring a moronic flat-earther.

If you have proof to support your assertion that Salmond ran away from this debate that was going to happen, post it.

Linking specifically to quotes.

Should be easy, given the media attention and that you said it happened.

Otherwise, don't be surprised when people call you a bullshitting troll.

Yoinks, the truth does hurt

Archived