Scottish Independence

xbl

The First Minister: Far be it from me to remind Ruth Davidson that the fiscal commission working group contained two Nobel laureates in economics—Jim Mirrlees and Joe Stiglitz—as well as other eminent economists, and we acted on their recommendation with regard to the best option

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/parliamentarybusiness/28862.aspx?r=8951&mode=pdf

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple quotes. You really I have drowned in fail here.

There are also Alex Salmond's quotes in Parliament, about Stiglitz. Explicitly using his name as cachet.

Eh? Banterman provided a single quote.

As far as I know Salmond doesn't posts on here? :1eye

Show me where anyone other than you, Ad Lib or other Unionists has bigged up the status of Stiglitz on this forum.

Newsnat's take on the dog bites man "sensational" coup the SNP managed, in being able to pay Stiglitz as an adviser.

In a sensational development Joe Stiglitz (pictured), former chief economist of the World Bank and key advisor to former US President Bill Clinton, will join Scotland's Council of Economic Advisors (CEA).

Salmond :- "Conference I can tell you today that Joe Stiglitz has agreed to advise the Scottish Government on our country’s economic future. A Nobel prize winning economist backing Scotland.”

This development is a coup for Alex Salmond as he seeks to establish his government's economic credibility with the electorate ahead of the Holyrood elections on May 6th next year.

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-economy/831-former-world-bank-chief-economist-joseph-stiglitz-to-be-advisor-to-first-minister-alex-salmond

I guess there was some small print saying "If of course he views our policies as increasing social inequality, then he isn't backing Scotland and is instead just a guy with an economics degree that thinks he knows stuff, but doesn't really."

The First Minister: Far be it from me to remind Ruth Davidson that the fiscal commission working group contained two Nobel laureates in economics—Jim Mirrlees and Joe Stiglitz—as well as other eminent economists, and we acted on their recommendation with regard to the best option

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/parliamentarybusiness/28862.aspx?r=8951&mode=pdf

Show me where anyone other than you, Ad Lib or other Unionists has bigged up the status of Stiglitz on this forum.

has bigged up the status of Stiglitz on this forum.

has bigged up the status of Stiglitz on this forum.

on this forum.

Eh? Banterman provided a single quote.

As far as I know Salmond doesn't posts on here? :1eye

I see counting is a problem for you. Try using fingers and toes.

Uh huh. How convenient. :lol:

He makes very important contributions to the debate... when he happens to agree with SNP policy. He's a Nobel Laureate you know.

On the other hand, when he disagrees fundamentally with SNP policy, we need to bear in mind that he's really not infallible, and might well be talking bollocks. A caveat strangely missing when the SNP and the Kool aid crew were championing Stiglitz in the past.

Superb.

Proof that he has disagreed with an SNP policy or we'll just file it away with the rest of your daft ramblings.

I provided 2, and they were simply the first two I found.

Sorry, I didn't see the second one, the post I replied to only had 1.

However, I think you will find that they are the only two. I am sure that you have to traverse the multiple H_B posts when searching for "Stiglitz and Nobel" as I had to.

Proof that he has disagreed with an SNP policy or we'll just file it away with the rest of your daft ramblings.

Is there a prize for you asking to see this for the 452nd time?

Some of you have been told that lowering tax rates on corporations will lead to more investment.

“The fact is that’s not true. It is just a gift to the corporations increasing inequality in our society.”

Sorry, I didn't see the second one, the post I replied to only had 1.

However, I think you will find that they are the only two. I am sure that you have to traverse the multiple H_B posts when searching for "Stiglitz and Nobel" as I had to.

Well, glad you got there in the end. Your retraction of your mewling demands for evidence are noted.

The SNP's problem here, of course, being that they deified an independent adviser. And specifically chose to use him as a named individual, in Parliament and the media, to support economic policy.

Forgetting of course that, once you have built up this myth of "Nobel Prize winning economist 'Joe' thinks I am right - I must be" then when he pulls the rug from under your feet, you look like a fucking idiot.

Which is what happened to Salmond. Hence his shoegazing when Stiglitz's comments on Corporation Tax came to haunt him.

I think the slackjawed Nationalist simpleton role has already been filled on this part of the thread Parp.

Better luck next time.

I think the slackjawed Nationalist simpleton role has already been filled on this part of the thread Parp.

Better luck next time.

No specifics? No evidence? The Law squad fails again. Shocking. What a waste of good public money you are.

The SNP's problem here, of course, being that they deified an independent adviser. And specifically chose to use him as a named individual, in Parliament and the media, to support economic policy.

Forgetting of course that, once you have built up this myth of "Nobel Prize winning economist 'Joe' thinks I am right - I must be" then when he pulls the rug from under your feet, you look like a fucking idiot.

Which is what happened to Salmond. Hence his shoegazing when Stiglitz's comments on Corporation Tax came to haunt him.

I think you have fully made your point now, we all get it.

Unfortunately for you nothing will come back to haunt Salmond because you and probably about 6 other people in Scotland actually care about this miniscule point.

Gordon Brown's "launch" today must be the third or fourth relaunch.

I just dont understand why they would keep relaunching it, its not like the media will keep covering evry brand new .... oh wait http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-27679717

Gordon Brown's "launch" today must be the third or fourth relaunch.

I just dont understand why they would keep relaunching it, its not like the media will keep covering evry brand new .... oh wait http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-27679717

I'd expect every campaign to have an offical launch for the regulated period.

Is there a prize for you asking to see this for the 452nd time?

Some of you have been told that lowering tax rates on corporations will lead to more investment.

“The fact is that’s not true. It is just a gift to the corporations increasing inequality in our society.”

Was this statement regarding an SNP policy in a newly independent nation ?

No... You are talking shite yet again.

Was this statement regarding and SNP policy in a newly independent nation ?

No... You are talking shite yet again.

Dwarf. Murder. Candlestick.

Archived