Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. If she is going to do speaking at a BT rally she should realise that her performance will be commented on, which is all Campbell Gunn did, you jumping on it is embarassing.

Where, in the unsolcited email he sent to the telegrapgh from his scottish government account, did Campbell Gunn critique her performance?

By saying that she is not just an ordinary mum?

And how is that a critique of her "performance"?

And why is a civil servant commenting on the perofmance and family life of poltical campaigners during a regulated camapign period?

Just answer the question. Will you take responsiblity for any abuse that I direct at Gunn after you posted in this thread?

if it makes you feel better by having to blame someone for your actions, fill yer boots

And how is that a critique of her "performance"?

And why is a civil servant commenting on the perofmance and family life of poltical campaigners during a regulated camapign period?

Em because she said she was and he said she wasnt? Big deal?

And I dunno go and ask him, is he not allowed to like?

How exactly? What exactly did he say wrong, apart from mentioning the relative?

Go on, explain?

I never said anything on what he said about Clair Lally, my issue is how he put information into the public domain

True. Hopefully things start changing as we get nearer the date.

tbh this referendum will be the first time I am allowed to vote so has grabbed my attention , i thought that maybe we were going to be in a for a refreshing political debate and set up in scotland with both sides setting thier stalls out early and banging these points across through debates, maybe even engaiging with the public in different ways and ideas. I mean they have allowed 16 year olds to votes, why not send local yes and no representitives to local schools to debate and interact with these pupils and ask these guys what matters to them and engage them rather than just letting 16 year olds stroll up and vote whoever their mates are voting for. That was just one idea, instead we have what has felt like a really long and now quite tiresome general election.

I mean they have allowed 16 year olds to votes, why not send local yes and no representitives to local schools to debate and interact with these pupils and ask these guys what matters to them and engage them rather than just letting 16 year olds stroll up and vote whoever their mates are voting for. That was just one idea, instead we have what has felt like a really long and now quite tiresome general election.

To be fair this is happening all over all the time, one was done at the school my mum works at yesterday.

ETA: And constantly seeing daily updates on how the voting has went on twitter/fb etc etc, probably see around 3 a day.

if it makes you feel better by having to blame someone for your actions, fill yer boots

Fool.

I never said anything on what he said about Clair Lally, my issue is how he put information into the public domain

So the issue isn't about Gunn being responsible for the abuse that she received on social media?

To be fair this is happening all over all the time, one was done at the school my mum works at yesterday.

really ? well that is good, dont think it is happening to often down here in glasgow area, but as I have said right now it has the feeling of a long , drawn out general election campaign. I dont know maybe I was just expecting something alot more dynamic and exciting than what is going on at the moment. hopefully we see a bit more improvement moving into the final months .

Pleasing. I thought we weren't supposed to do well in the North East.

so you have no issue how Campbell Gunn put this in to the public domain, don't you not think that it was a cowardly in any way, I also said if he was sure of his facts. just come out with them. but he did not he chose to use the route he used, but I stand by the fact she did not deserve the abuse she got no e-mail no abuse, abuse that was caused in some way by Campbell Gunn's actions, surely

It wasn't even remotely cowardly.

Start a count. Is that 3 or 4?

Ignore H_B.

Complete and utter b*llocks. You should work for Better Together.

Nothing I said about the wonderful Ms Lamont was incorrect. Deal with it.

really ? well that is good, dont think it is happening to often down here in glasgow area, but as I have said right now it has the feeling of a long , drawn out general election campaign. I dont know maybe I was just expecting something alot more dynamic and exciting than what is going on at the moment. hopefully we see a bit more improvement moving into the final months .

Yes, the kids seem to be slightly in favour of NO to start off with and then after a debate has been had its YES. In most cases anyway and like I said I obviously might only be seeing positive stuff from the people I follow but I do see quite alot of results going like this, the one yesterday at my mums school ended up being 52 NO 48 YES after dont knows were taken out though, I honestly dunno how many 16 year olds will bother their arse to turn up right enough.

Hows it bollocks its his opinion on what was said? If you have your opinion on it then fair enough, I think the same as him, already linked this article but this sums up my opinion of what was said.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/comment/bloggers/are-scots-genetically-incapable-of-making-political-decisions.1395750165

Because my entire point was what she said only looks bad when people quote that one snippet and say "Oh my God, Johann Lamont thinks Scots are too thick to make decisions!" Outrage etc.

If you go back and look at the actual conversation, it's obvious she meant nothing of the sort.

Em because she said she was and he said she wasnt? Big deal?

And I dunno go and ask him, is he not allowed to like?

It's not his job to campaign for a yes vote, it's his job to speak for the Office of the First Minister I'm not sure where attempting to discredit a poltical campaigner falls within his taxpayer funded civil service remit.

And that's ignoring the idea of a Govenrment official sending information on any individual to a newspaper which is, to be fair, pretty grubby.

Fool.

So the issue isn't about Gunn being responsible for the abuse that she received on social media?

What Gunn did and how he done it was poor, but if he had not done it, the abuse would have been less, but still unacceptable

I know hundreds of mothers and not 1 of them is involved in politics.

Define "involved in politics".

Are you saying any mothers who for example give out leaflets for Yes are no longer "ordinary mums"?

Yes, the kids seem to be slightly in favour of NO to start off with and then after a debate has been had its YES. In most cases anyway and like I said I obviously might only be seeing positive stuff from the people I follow but I do see quite alot of results going like this, the one yesterday at my mums school ended up being 52 NO 48 YES after dont knows were taken out though, I honestly dunno how many 16 year olds will bother their arse to turn up right enough.

haha true at 16 i would have just been happy with the day off and spent it getting pished with my pals :lol: would have probably still voted right enough but little or no thought would have gone into it

Archived