Scottish Independence

xbl

Yeah because nobody is trying to kick lumps out of Cameron and Miliband today :lol: Like it or not this man would be entrusted with negotiating our withdrawal from the UK and trying to keep the country going over the next 18 months in the face of business' like Standard Life bailing down south. I think it is fair to question whether he is the right man for the job when he is already dividing the country.

^^^ WTF is he on about.

Who was kicking lumps out of Cameron and Miliband? Members of their exclusively selected audience? I guarantee that neither of them have had an easier ride whilst campaigning than they had today.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmond's "Team Scotland vs Team Westminster" line from today is fucking pathetic :lol: No wonder Yes campaigners are so quick to try and convince everyone that a yes vote is not a vote for Salmond, the man is a total plonker and comments like his today just make it more difficult for us all to come back together on the 19th whatever the result.

What more embarrassing things have been said today than the first minister of Scotland disregarding half of the population as non-scottish? :lol:

Yeah because nobody is trying to kick lumps out of Cameron and Miliband today :lol: Like it or not this man would be entrusted with negotiating our withdrawal from the UK and trying to keep the country going over the next 18 months in the face of business' like Standard Life bailing down south. I think it is fair to question whether he is the right man for the job when he is already dividing the country.

At least you're not upset or in any way rattled.

Here, this is just for you x:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w1Ziq3HrXno

By all means criticise. However calling someone a "plonker" and then going on to entirely blame them for dividing the country is a bit OTT.

As has already been pointed out,far worse fist munch moments of embarrassment were carried out by Unionist politicians. I especially liked Cameron's tear stained "f the tories" plead for the heart. Floor swallowing stuff.

I would hope that no long term division does persist. If there is division, it was their already. If it does persist, it is the fault of both sides.

^^^ WTF is he on about.

Who was kicking lumps out of Cameron and Miliband? Members of their exclusively selected audience? I guarantee that neither of them have had an easier ride whilst campaigning than they had today.

The point I was making is that I am being accused of playing the man not the ball, while everyone in here is launching into Cameron et al. I agree they could have done with going outwith their comfort zone today.

The point I was making is that I am being accused of playing the man not the ball, while everyone in here is launching into Cameron et al. I agree they could have done with going outwith their comfort zone today.

Can't you see the difference?

For 2 years Cameron said he wasn't going to come up, because it was a matter for the Scots. One poll showing Yes in the lead one week before the vote and he's on the first plane up.

You think that's perfectly reasonable behaviour?

I am, because I don't believe half of what he said.

How about what everyone else says?

How about the fact that Scotland would be the 14th richest country in the world, even before factoring in a drop of oil? That was Labour's Devolution Commission who said that.

Do you believe them?

Why did Cameron want to keep Devo Max off the ballot paper?

I remember some people telling us he played a blinder with this, but i don't know the reasons why Cameron was desperate to keep it off

I remember some people telling us he played a blinder with this, but i don't know the reasons why Cameron was desperate to keep it off

They absolutely did not want to give Scotland any more powers. They thought they could win without giving anything away. Now they think differently.

If BT had secured a resounding No, it could have been seen as a wise decision.

Just a reminder of the vile BritNats who will be propping up the No vote.

http://m.vice.com/en_uk/read/orange-order-independence-liam-turbett-567

How about what everyone else says?

How about the fact that Scotland would be the 14th richest country in the world, even before factoring in a drop of oil? That was Labour's Devolution Commission who said that.

Do you believe them?

I don't necessarily believe everything that comes from the No campaign either.

Can you link me to these devolution commission stats please.

10,000? That can't be right, can it? Unless they're shipping them over from NI, I guess.

Aye.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/politics/Orange-Order-to-march-to-stop-Scottish-independence-from-UK.html

They were hoping for 20k bigots initially I think.

The Herald hinting at Labour support for the LOL. Surely they're not THAT desperate.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/politics/referendum-news/claims-orange-order-parade-has-support-within-labour.25272939

They absolutely did not want to give Scotland any more powers. They thought they could win without giving anything away. Now they think differently.

I mind discussing this at the time. There was a perception that Cameron had achieved something over Salmond with this. Undoubtedly, Cameron thought so too, and assumed it would be a straightforward referendum for No.

I have a sneaking suspicion, and not saying I'm entirely convinced, but I think that Salmond was simply claiming issue ownership of 'extra powers' and so, in reality, forcing the No campaign into narrowing the definition of their campaign.

Thereby, making it easier for Yes to bridge 'extra powers' and independence and so broadening the appeal of the Yes campaign.

This would allow independence to appeal to soft 'extra powers' voters and also limit the ability of No to run effectively on 'extra powers'.

Alas, No have tried to run on 'extra powers' and look how that has turned out for them.

It's alright to say that Salmond is a liability and that it would be better if someone else was the face of the campaign.

The only flaw with that logic is that if it wasn't for Salmond we wouldn't even be having this referendum.

He could have stepped aside for the duration. "I'm devoting my time to running the country during the campaign. I will be voting Yes, but I am not going to become the face of the campaign.".

Archived