Scottish Independence

xbl

He could have stepped aside for the duration. "I'm devoting my time to running the country during the campaign. I will be voting Yes, but I am not going to become the face of the campaign.".

Which would have been a suicidally stupid thing to do for the Yes campaign, he got the mandate when the SNP took control of the parliament why the hell wouldn't he lead it. Obviously a BT wish mostly

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Salmond stepping aside would have been suicidal then the "It's not about Alex" line gets weakened somewhat.

Er, he's the First Minister. It would be impossible for him to step aside.

Because he isn't a complete shitebag like Cameron he wouldn't want to either.

If Salmond stepping aside would have been suicidal then the "It's not about Alex" line gets weakened somewhat.

Why would the person who leads the party who has the mandate from the people of Scotland to get a referendum stand aside that is just ridiculous. BT choose Alastair Darling and Yes got Alex Salmond. I fail to see any logic in your argument. That line was put out as BT kept making personal attacks on Salmond and a farcical bid to be president. Desperate rumour mongering that was easily countered (as has most of BT fear)

Just a reminder of the vile BritNats who will be propping up the No vote.

Steady, Bud. I am a BritNat and the most wholesome and mild person you could ever care to meet ;)

Anyway, I came on here to have a rant. Being classy as f**k I read The Metro on the train from Wycombe to Marylebone this morning and, 13 hours later, wanted to express my seethe (this is genuine seethe as opposed to folk on here saying 'seethe' or 'meltdown' when all I am doing is expressing an opinion) at the ignorance of the fucking English WRT their comments in The Metro's equivalent of a letters section.

Stuff like:

They already have a better deal than England. Let them go and give the saved benefits to the rest of the UK.

Scotland can’t afford its own currency

Leave the union and Scotland no longer benefits from feeding off the larger budget of the UK.

Much as I support our union,, ignorance like this really gets my back up. I reserved particular opprobrium for the unmitigated c**t whose idiocy I have snipped from The Metro online:

post-44711-0-96114200-1410381350_thumb.j

Wee note to "Hard-working proud Scot, Falkirk":

Your arrogant ignorance and contempt for your fellow Scots represents all that is bad in the 'Naw' campaign. Oh and I hope The Rangers give Falkirk a right doing when we meet in November.

Steady, Bud. I am a BritNat and the most wholesome and mild person you could ever care to meet ;)

Anyway, I came on here to have a rant. Being classy as f**k I read The Metro on the train from Wycombe to Marylebone this morning and, 13 hours later, wanted to express my seethe (this is genuine seethe as opposed to folk on here saying 'seethe' or 'meltdown' when all I am doing is expressing an opinion) at the ignorance of the fucking English WRT their comments in The Metro's equivalent of a letters section.

Stuff like:

They already have a better deal than England. Let them go and give the saved benefits to the rest of the UK.

Scotland can’t afford its own currency

Leave the union and Scotland no longer benefits from feeding off the larger budget of the UK.

Much as I support our union,, ignorance like this really gets my back up. I reserved particular opprobrium for the unmitigated c**t whose idiocy I have snipped from The Metro online:

attachicon.giffalkirk.JPG

Wee note to "Hard working-proud Scot, Falkirk":

Your arrogant ignorance and contempt for your fellow Scots represents all that is bad in the 'Naw' campaign. Oh and I hope The Rangers give Falkirk a right doing when we meet in November.

This on the odds thread (I think). Have you listened to the clip Johnboy suggested from Ian in Burnley on 27mins? You really should.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gbgrp

Archived