Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a defo Yes vote. I was very sceptical before but plenty of research and debates later and I've decided that we can certainly do this. Unfortunately I still think majority will "shit it" and vote no ( which would be a tragedy) so I'll be trying my best to convince family, friends and work colleagues to vote Yes.

I'm a defo Yes vote. I was very sceptical before but plenty of research and debates later and I've decided that we can certainly do this. Unfortunately I still think majority will "shit it" and vote no ( which would be a tragedy) so I'll be trying my best to convince family, friends and work colleagues to vote Yes.

Good on you. If you were convinced by debate and research then a lot of people you know will be, too. Once you get them out of the "too wee, too poor" and "I pure hate Salmond" mindset it's a complete no-brainer. Turn a hard no into a soft no and you're three-quarters of the way there.

Good on you. If you were convinced by debate and research then a lot of people you know will be, too. Once you get them out of the "too wee, too poor" and "I pure hate Salmond" mindset it's a complete no-brainer. Turn a hard no into a soft no and you're three-quarters of the way there.

I make a terrible converter these days. A few years back, I was excellent at arguing my point reasonably and converting people, but as independence shifted from pipe dream to real hope, to potentially imminent, my views also shifted with it. I am very much more of an extremist than I was a few years back. I find myself reacting to the too wee too poor nonsense very negatively.

I've only made one convert recently, and he asked me to keep my voice down when I was converting him because I was (and I quote) "inciting hatred" against the British Government. Im not good at this any more.

Do you think anyone will notice Westminster helping us out a wee bit tomorrow if they look to raise the pension age to 70 in the future, we have ~1.09% more of our population over 65 than the rest of the UK, while we have only ~0.43 more of our population over 69.

I'll need to take a closer look at differennt probs of people reaching different ages after retirement from all ages b4 retirement to confirm it properly.

Edited by ayrmad

What if the UK Government take us out of Europe? How will the Union service the debt? What if the UK Government put taxes up? What if the UK Government spend all the oil money on wars (some of them probably illegal)? What if we have to keep opening food banks so families can have a dinner? What if Energy prices keep rising?

There are as many questions to be asked of the Union and just about every politician in the UK has said that Scotland can make it on it's own. I believe David Cameron's words were "it would be ridiculous to suggest Scotland couldn't make it as an independent country", or to that effect.

I've mentioned it on a other thread here, I completely understand and see exactly why people support independence. I'm the naturally cautious type and what keeps me on the no bench is the concern that if a independent Scotland couldn't afford to support itself, what would we do then? There are things I agree with regarding the yes vote and it's certainly something I'll reconsider before the vote.

I've mentioned it on a other thread here, I completely understand and see exactly why people support independence. I'm the naturally cautious type and what keeps me on the no bench is the concern that if a independent Scotland couldn't afford to support itself, what would we do then? There are things I agree with regarding the yes vote and it's certainly something I'll reconsider before the vote.

The UK currently cannot afford to support itself. What would we have to lose by going independent?

The UK is only getting worse, and at present I feel it's the best it is ever going to be, IF we stay as we are. This is our chance, the most exciting decision from the country in my lifetime, to break away and be in charge of our own. I genuinely feel that the rest of the UK will be worse off without Scotland than Scotland will be without them, hence the scaremongering coming from BT.

We gave nothing to lose, but a lot to gain IMO. Let's get behind the YES campaign and make it happen.

Firmly voting no in the referendum. I really don't see it going through and rightly so.

Also worth noting a hell of a lot of people in this thread that are voting 'yes' seem to be in a struggling battle trying to "educate" their parents to vote yes, it says a lot.

Any reason why?

On a personal level and using the people i've spoken to (not a representation of the general populace) i've recieved a lot of venom from the "yes" voters and can't help but feel a great deal of them are misguided with their reason of voting, obviously not all of them. I'm also English and i think Scotland is a very valuable, integral part of the union and i'd rather we stuck together.

From my limited political knowledge i can't see it being successful, willing to admit their will be a lot of arguments from both sides i'm not entirely clued up on yet though.

Also think it's worth noting that Pie and Bovril seems to be a misrepresentation of the general voting public, this website seems very very pro independence.

What does that say a lot about?

It says to me that a lot of the yes voters on here are quite young and everyone is a bit politically naive and reckless when younger. The posters on here seem to hold quite strong viewpoints that seem fuelled by their youthful Scottish patriotism.

It says to me that a lot of the yes voters on here are quite young and everyone is a bit politically naive and reckless when younger. The posters on here seem to hold quite strong viewpoints that seem fuelled by their youthful Scottish patriotism.

I'm 50 and both my parents are Yes voters.

Shouldn't you be an undecided until you're in possession of all the facts?

I know enough from what i've read and heard to be in the "no" camp, i'd be lying if i said i would get through all of the nitty gritty facts over it though. In general terms i can't see it working, very open minded though.

Not sure you can draw that conclusion from a few posters to be honest. Both my parents are yes voters.