Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't vote for Salmond in an Independent Scotland but will continue voting SNP in the result of a No vote. I reckon there are quite a few people in that category.

If anyone wants to stop seeing Big Eck's pus everywhere, voting No isn't going to do it.

I would have to see what the options were, I certainly wouldn't rule out voting for Salmond and actually enjoy how his smugness gets right up the noses of the like of Cameron. I do accept it appears a bit of a hindrance for the purpose at hand though. It has to be considered what would be getting said about his and indeed Sturgeons abilities if they were less self-assured. I'm quite certain that both are considered by their opposition (MP & MSP) to be very formidable adversaries and for this, we in the Yes camp should be grateful. I'd hate to be reliant on the like of Carmichael & Lamont for example. :o

What's stoping Henry?

Timing ;)

There is no way Henry McLeish won't endorse independence by the time of the vote. He's a free thinker and understands what his own party has become.

I would have to see what the options were, I certainly wouldn't rule out voting for Salmond and actually enjoy how his smugness gets right up the noses of the like of Cameron. I do accept it appears a bit of a hindrance for the purpose at hand though. It has to be considered what would be getting said about his and indeed Sturgeons abilities if they were less self-assured. I'm quite certain that both are considered by their opposition (MP & MSP) to be very formidable adversaries and for this, we in the Yes camp should be grateful. I'd hate to be reliant on the like of Carmichael & Lamont for example. :o

One of the things that excites me about Scottish independence is the broader range of options that would be available to the electorate. A new Liberal party free of their Westminster characters and a proper influence would probably emerge and some of the SNP may flock to them. Then the current incarnation of Scottish Labour would either be made redundant or redefine itself to follow the ideals the party was founded on.

I wouldn't expect many majority governments post independence which isn't a bad thing at all.

There is no way Henry McLeish won't endorse independence by the time of the vote. He's a free thinker and understands what his own party has become.

One of the things that excites me about Scottish independence is the broader range of options that would be available to the electorate. A new Liberal party free of their Westminster characters and a proper influence would probably emerge and some of the SNP may flock to them. Then the current incarnation of Scottish Labour would either be made redundant or redefine itself to follow the ideals the party was founded on.

I wouldn't expect many majority governments post independence which isn't a bad thing at all.

I think you've missed out the conservatives among our population, they'll have a greater part to play than most YES voters think they will.

I think you've missed out the conservatives among our population, they'll have a greater part to play than most YES voters think they will.

Yes of course. In the 2010 general election they took about 17% of the vote and in 2011 about 15% in Scotland. I think for the most part conservative voters will be the hardest to win over but I would expect a bigger turn out this time than in those elections.

There's no way the Conservatives would continue to exist, in their current form, I think we'd be more likely to see a centre-right, socially liberal party emerge.

There's no way the Conservatives would continue to exist, in their current form, I think we'd be more likely to see a centre-right, socially liberal party emerge.

Yeah I'd expect that. I've always found it weird that the conservatives in Scotland have always retained their association with the main party. There is an opportunity in Scotland (especially with a more proportional voting system) to grab a significant share of the vote.

I've always felt that for the most part the people that represent the Scottish Conservatives are sane and respectable enough.

Yes of course. In the 2010 general election they took about 17% of the vote and in 2011 about 15% in Scotland. I think for the most part conservative voters will be the hardest to win over but I would expect a bigger turn out this time than in those elections.

I was referring to conservatives with a small c post independence, we've too many voters on that side of the fence to just head down a left wing route, I'm certainly not looking for a left thinking Scotland.

The Scottish Tories come across as a totally separate party when you put them alongside the Westminster lot. Hell, even Annabel Goldie was talking up the importance of trade unions on telly the other night.

I almost spat out my tea.

There's nowt wrong with Annabel, somehow Scottish people appear to lose the ability to answer questions once they enter Westminster.

There's nowt wrong with Annabel, somehow Scottish people appear to lose the ability to answer questions once they enter Westminster.

I liked David McLetchie as well, and Ruth Davison seems ok. They seem like decent people despite their political opinions, and far removed from the inbred horse fuckers in the UK cabinet.

I liked David McLetchie as well, and Ruth Davison seems ok. They seem like decent people despite their political opinions, and far removed from the inbred horse fuckers in the UK cabinet.

Agreed. Murdo Fraser also seems like a decent type. If they could get rid of their whiplash Unionism and ditch the English lot, they might get somewhere.

If they all fought as hard for those that voted in their constituencies as Skinner does it would be a far better country IMHO, I'm saying that as someone who ceased voting for Labour within 6 weeks of that smarmy help myself b*****d Tony Blair getting in.

Edited by ayrmad

This love-in for Scottish-based Conservatives is all very cute, but let's all be sure to remember there are oddball loonies like Bill Aitken at the same time.

There are oddballs throughout all parties, it's just important that people understand that side of the spectrum have plenty to offer, we'll be wanting back in skinter if we just go down the left wing route.

It's better than voting no anyway! I think you'll vote yes on the day.

Imagine waking up to the sight of BBC news going live to Downing Street on 19th September next year with Cameron and Osborne raising a glass of bubbly to a job well done, preaching how we are all one together :barf

The guys who saved the union = Tory landslide 2015

If you don't believe that, just google - Thatcher, Falklands, Election

Solved this dilemma for the time being by deciding not to vote at all. Far from ideal but whatever helps me sleep at night I guess.

Is it absolutely guaranteed your family member will lose their job, mate?

I have a friend who works for BT(not that one), and this is putting him off voting yes as some old guys at his work have him convinced they'd all be out of job in the event of a yes vote.

I'm slowly convincing him this is scaremongering and in all likelihood complete bull.