Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, the latest P&B poll puts yes at 81%, up from 66%.

What are the latest State Media polls saying?

Just shows what happens when conversation flows and negatively is trumped by facts and vision. I've been calling for a section our better Yes posters to diversify into other forums (Celtic and womans forums).

Yes from me. Was always leaning towards Yes anyway but I have been an iron cast Yes vote for about a year now after extensive research coupled with the laughable Better Together campaign.

However, in my heart of hearts I think it's be a No vote when it comes around.

Hope I am wrong, but there are still too many people that I'm encountering that just don't care to do their own research and are happy to swallow what the media feeds them.

Maybe apathy will be a good thing....

The one thing that has kept Better Together in with a chance is having the mainstream media on their side throughout. This is a break from that.

Lose the media backing and they have nothing.

The current policy of the media is to allow their columnists to do the collective shiting themselves over the failings of BT, while the editorial line sticks rigidly to the script and the news passes every scare story off as fact.

I've said this before I think, but the longer this goes on, the more and more I'm leaning towards a yes vote. I'm not quite 100% yet, but it's going to take one hell of an argument from Better Together to convince me otherwise now. My biggest issue with voting yes was endorsing Salmond and it took me a while to get out of that mindset - this isn't about him or the SNP, it's about what's best for Scotland and the Scottish people.

Yes Scotland are going for hope, Better together seem to be going for Fear/smear. Taking my political leanings out of this completely, I'd much rather be positive and fail (which I'm sure Scotland wont) than negative and stay in the doldrums.

I'm fairly certain I'll be voting yes on the big day, like the rest of my fairly massive family. My girlfriend might still need a bit of talking round, but she's softened her no views in recent times too. Of the people I know, it seems to me the yeses are only getting stronger and the nos are now undecided. The respective campaigns, a bit of research and even just letting what is going on sink in seems to be changing a lot of people's views.

Did Germany have to reapply for EU membership once the wall came down in 1990?

Neither side did.

It was a bit like when you haven't bumped into an aquaintance after a few months and they've put on a stone, you notice immediately but nobody else really notices at 1st.

Edited by ayrmad

Neither side did.

It was a bit like when you haven't bumped into an aquaintance after a few months and they've put on a stone, you notice immediately but nobody else really notices at 1st.

Uh. East Germany was nt an EU member.

Why would Germany reapply?

No one would 're' apply if Scotland became Independent. Scotland would be a brand new entity applying. The UK would continue in membership as normal.

Why would Germany reapply?

No one would 're' apply if Scotland became Independent. Scotland would be a brand new entity applying. The UK would continue in membership as normal.

I wish I was new

Did Germany have to reapply for EU membership once the wall came down in 1990?

I never thought of it at the time, but that is a little odd that they didn't. West Germany increased its landmass and population by around 25% with a wildly divergent economy. The EEC was probably even stricter than the EU for membership.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

Was the reunified Germany a brand new entity?

No no no, it was just the exact same,they didn't even change their name let alone allow millions of non-EU members in without a peep.

In international law terms West Germany continued on and was recognised as such.

As the UK would be if Scotland or Wales or Shetland chose to secede.

Im sure there will be a college course on this somewhere you can aspire to study on.

In international law terms West Germany continued on and was recognised as such.

As the UK would be if Scotland or Wales or Shetland chose to secede.

Im sure there will be a college course on this somewhere you can aspire to study on.

Another good point, since Uni clearly has done you no good whatsoever.