Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This guy is either totally at it or the stupidest moron I've ever encountered who doesn't claim to be a Rangers fan :rolleyes:

No,he's just looking out for 1 of his parents, his last post explained where he was with it all, I don't see any mileage in belittling people for choosing to vote no, it's arguing and hurling abuse that has switched most people off from UK politics.

The Yes campaign haven't given actual answers to whether we would get complete control over the oil industry nor whether we would lose membership in the EU, the stance of trade agreements, would be be allowed to keep the pound etc

it's all if it all works out then this is what we hope to do.

comparing us to Norway or any country until we know these answers is being too presumptuous.

The Yes campaign haven't given actual answers to whether we would get complete control over the oil industry nor whether we would lose membership in the EU, the stance of trade agreements, would be be allowed to keep the pound etc

it's all if it all works out then this is what we hope to do.

comparing us to Norway or any country until we know these answers is being too presumptuous.

90% of the oil is in Scottish waters. We would be a welcomed addition to an EU we are already part of. We can use the pound if we so please, but rUK's best interests would be to in a currency union.

90% of the oil is in Scottish waters. We would be a welcomed addition to an EU we are already part of. We can use the pound if we so please, but rUK's best interests would be to in a currency union.

explain further please.

Are these actual facts and practically certain?

Membership of the EU is a question the only the UK Government can provide an answer to, and they are unwilling to do so. However, there is absolutely no reason why the EU would refuse membership to Scotland. In reality we would be fast tracked in.

We will use the pound, until Scotland either establishes it's own currency or joins the Euro, there is no question of that.

The oil industry is privatised, the Scottish Government would collect taxes on it the same way that the UK Government collects taxes.

Norway is not an EU member by the way, they also have their own currency. The SNP have released their manifesto of how they see an independent Scotland, that does not mean that an indepenent Scotland will follow the SNP's vision. Other independent Scotland's are available and you will get to vote on them in these things called elections.

I'm sorry but IMO any person - regardless of what country they live in - who would actually make a conscious decision to vote against self determination & fiscal autonomy for their country, has to be a very stupid person and no amount of reasoned debate is going to convert the like of the fud in the England shirt on the Rangers supporters on Scottish independence vid clip.

I'm a Yes and always have been and I will do my best to coax and cajole all skeptics I come across but there is nothing you can do about some groups other than preventing them from voting. There'll be a few tied up for the day round my way. ;)

I have spare wagon wheels and lots of rope. :)

Edited by Apache Don

Membership of the EU is a question the only the UK Government can provide an answer to, and they are unwilling to do so. However, there is absolutely no reason why the EU would refuse membership to Scotland. In reality we would be fast tracked in.

Not really true.

Countries like spain could easily block it in order to prevent encouraging independence movements in their own countries e.g. Catalonia

Spain dont recognise Kosovo for this reason.

Not really true.

Countries like spain could easily block it in order to prevent encouraging independence movements in their own countries e.g. Catalonia

Countries like Spain would also find that they are unable to fish in Scottish waters if Scotland was not an EU member.

90% of the oil is in Scottish waters.  We would be a welcomed addition to an EU we are already part of.  We can use the pound if we so please, but rUK's best interests would be to in a currency union.

96% of Oil, 52% of Gas equaling an overall 94% of hydrocarbon reserves lie within Scottish territorial waters as agreed in 1999 using "the median line". £10.5 billion of tax revenues was raised from Scottish territorial waters in the last financial year, reflecting 96% of Oil and Gas tax revenue intake to the UK treasury. This is the guaranteed fields that will be in Scottish control post a yes vote.

And no I'm not Ad Lib, 4th year Uni dissertation this year is on what the energy market may look like post a yes vote.

Not really true.

Spain did not recognise Kosovo because Serbia did not allow Kosovo independence. The situations are not comparable, considering that Westminster is letting the referendum happen. Spain are not going to block us, just because of there own problems.

Spain did not recognise Kosovo because Serbia did not allow Kosovo independence. The situations are not comparable, considering that Westminster is letting the referendum happen. Spain are not going to block us, just because of there own problems.

There is little incentive for Spain to do so.

They would face internal pressure to allow regions to have such a vote if scotland gained independence and just walked into full eu membership,

Not really true.

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-politics/4428-spanish-foreign-mininster-confirms-that-spain-would-accept-scottish-independence

I suppose we could always ask the Spanish Foreign Minister what he thinks...

Spain has already blocked Kosovo's accession to the EU on the grounds that it would encourage separatism in its Catalonia or Basque regions.

And there has been speculation among experts that it would also curb Scotland's ambitions to join if it becomes independent.

But yesterday Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo insisted his country would not raise any objection to European Union recognition - if Scottish independence was accepted by Westminster.

Mr Garcia-Margallo said: "If in the UK both parties agree that this is consistent with their constitutional order, written or unwritten, Spain would have nothing to say, just that this does not affect us.

"No one would object to a consented independence of Scotland."

He said the independence of Kosovo was different because it was based on a "unilateral decision" and admitted the Spanish position would have been different if it had been agreed between Belgrade and Pristina.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/304495/Spain-will-not-veto-an-independent-Scotland-joining-EU

*beaten, but my link is a Tory paper so it's obviously more neutral than NewsNat

Edited by Broccoli Dog

Countries like Spain would also find that they are unable to fish in Scottish waters if Scotland was not an EU member.

For all the Factortame litigation and its position in foklore, do that many Spanish boats still fish in UK waters?