Scotland's Oil

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again. Its like trying to explain things to bits of wood.

That deficit is proportionately smaller than that which the UK currently runs. Scotland is wealthier than the rest of the UK.

That is also prior to Scotland cutting out all the needless extravagence like Trident, HS2, cross rail etc.

Some of your fellow yes people were denying any deficit whatsoever I was simply enlightening them. Some other zealot was describing us as 'rich' and I asked if rich meant spending more that you have ? which apparently it does.

Some of your fellow yes people were denying any deficit whatsoever I was simply enlightening them. Some other zealot was describing us as 'rich' and I asked if rich meant spending more that you have ? which apparently it does.

Nobod's denied the deficit, fuckwit. It's a fact of life granted to us by the union.

As the UK does now? Or saving some oil money as we should be doing? Which one's best?

Spending more than you have, running up debt and saving (or pretending to save) doesn't quite fit for me.

Whoever did release the figures did the SG no favours at all.

You can bet your bottom dollar this will come up in the big debate.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-found-out-over-oil-forecasts-say-unionists-1-3508652

"SCOTLAND’S North Sea oil revenues fell by £1.5 billion to just over £4bn in 2013/14, official figures have revealed.

Data published by the Scottish Government disclosed that cash generated by the North Sea has fallen several billion pounds short of SNP ministers’ estimates for the most recent financial year. The Scottish Government had predicted that oil revenues were expected to be between £7.1bn and £8.3bn for 2013/14.

Pro-UK politicians last night claimed the new figures underlined that oil revenue was “volatile, uncertain and falling”.

They also claimed that the SNP government was guilty of attempting to inflate North Sea revenues to build its case for independence.

The 2013/14 oil revenue figure came to light in quarterly national accounts which showed that, in the first three months of 2014, North Sea revenue totalled £964 million.

When added to the three previous quarters, which make up the full 2013/14 year, the total figure comes to £4,005m.

Politicians had expected the revenue to be revealed in seven months when the Scottish Government publishes its Gers (Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland) figures.

Opposition figures claimed that publication was “accidental”, and the intention was for them to be made public after the referendum.

The Scottish Government, however, disputed that claim, saying that the figures had been made available on schedule.

Yesterday’s figure represents the third year in a row that oil revenues have fallen.

In 2012/13, revenues came to £5.6bn. The year before they were £10bn. But the Scottish Government has argued that the future outlook is rosier.

Conservative finance spokesman Gavin Brown MSP said: 'The Scottish Government has managed to seriously undermine its own case for separation by inadvertently publishing these figures.'"

The separatists are big on asset sharing. i.e. It's our pound and we're keeping it. Well oil is an asset. So the UK will take its share of the oil. Surely none of the separatist could object to this.

No it's a resource. Idiot.

The separatists are big on asset sharing. i.e. It's our pound and we're keeping it. Well oil is an asset. So the UK will take its share of the oil. Surely none of the separatist could object to this.

You really are more simple than a Primary 1 maths test.

There is no doubt that the sg have deliberately inflated the expected oil reserves to make their case stronger. I think only morons failed to know this from the start. Its just more evidence of the lies they are willing to feed the public. Its what politicians do.

There is no doubt that the sg have deliberately inflated the expected oil reserves to make their case stronger. I think only morons failed to know this from the start. Its just more evidence of the lies they are willing to feed the public. Its what politicians do.

They werent the sgs figures

And I take it you feel just as strongly about the OBR underestimating the level of oil reserves? In the interest of balance, I'd be interested to see your acceptance of this.

No it's a resource. Idiot.

I suggest you have a look in a dictionary and try to reconcile these synonyms, but I have a suspicion that semantics is not your strong point. Then again what is???

Whatever you say it would be in the melting pot with all the other negotiations, that until now had a risk worth taking according to the separatists. A much smaller share of the oil wealth, even the haggis's exaggerated estimates would be to much for the voters to accept.

You could set fire to your answers, like lighting a fart.

You're right. I'm not on the same high level as you.

scothmist, on 25 Aug 2014 - 08:53, said:snapback.png

Yes that's right confusedalot.com. You know when your mismatched. Know your limitations.

:lol::lol::lol::bairn

You're right. I'm not on the same high level as you.

Well its taken you long enough to admit it!

Archived