Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

A No vote is a ringing endorsement for the status quo within the Union.

Hate to break it to you.

No it isn't. It unequivocally isn't.

Yet again its the Yes side that are not allowed to get the populus to worry about the things that they worry about.

The No side however are freely entitled to go to town on worrying the voters.

Shame Libby. Shame.

If you compare Scotland's place in the United Kingdom to that of an abused spouse or an oppressed people, then you should be shamed for it. End of story.

The No side get called up plenty for their scaremongering.

So we're back to the old tricks of not asking the referendum question first? I'm sure HB will come down on this dodgy poll with a ton of bricks!

And I hope Ad Lib now retracts this statement "From memory, pretty much all other polls have been legitimate".

So we're back to the old tricks of not asking the referendum question first? I'm sure HB will come down on this dodgy poll with a ton of bricks!

If, of course, there is reason to suggest that the prior questions in this case are in fact leading in nature. Which is not clear, unlike in the case of the SNP poll, which was abundantly clear.

And I hope Ad Lib now retracts this statement "From memory, pretty much all other polls have been legitimate".

So just to be clear, you're asking me to retract a statement made on 13th May about polls that were presumably, you know, *published* when I made the statement, because of a poll whose data hadn't been fully collected until 15th May, which released its findings on the 18th of May?

M'kay.

The last time I checked, I wasn't granting warrandice that the statement would be true in the future.

If, of course, there is reason to suggest that the prior questions in this case are in fact leading in nature. Which is not clear, unlike in the case of the SNP poll, which was abundantly clear.

So just to be clear, you're asking me to retract a statement made on 13th May about polls that were presumably, you know, *published* when I made the statement, because of a poll whose data hadn't been fully collected until 15th May, which released its findings on the 18th of May?

M'kay.

The last time I checked, I wasn't granting warrandice that the statement would be true in the future.

You implied all positive no campaign polls were legit. When we both know they've been using leading question tricks like the ICM poll for the Scotland on Sunday.

Edited by Colkitto

If you compare Scotland's place in the United Kingdom to that of an abused spouse or an oppressed people, then you should be shamed for it. End of story.

Hahaha. ^^^ Not by you they dont.

Are you trying to oppress the right for people to believe the things they do?

Shameful .

You implied all positive no campaign polls were legit. When we both know they've been using leading question tricks like the ICM poll for the Scotland on Sunday.

Let me explain this thing called "time" to you.

If Arnold says on Monday "all of the apples in this basket have been green" then on Thursday Leo puts a red apple in the basket, that doesn't mean Arnold then has to withdraw his statement on Friday. It was true when he said it.

Hahaha. ^^^ Not by you they dont.

Are you trying to oppress the right for people to believe the things they do?

Shameful .

I am not denying anyone the right to believe anything. I'm just exercising my right to criticise severely those who say stupid things.

By voting No, you are voting to maintain the set up as it exists at present and confirming that you are indeed happy with how things currently are.

I know this greatly upsets you, but that's the truth of it.

I think the 'no' vote will either be out of fear for their current situation becoming worse. or indoctrination into the current setup. However, it shouldn't be underestimated that non-voters are more likely to be yes voters. I'll definitely make an effort to get my non-voter friends to the polling station.

Edited by Fotbawmad

If Arnold says on Monday "all of the apples in this basket have been green" then on Thursday Leo puts a red apple in the basket, that doesn't mean Arnold then has to withdraw his statement on Friday. It was true when he said it.

I am not denying anyone the right to believe anything. I'm just exercising my right to criticise severely those who say stupid things.

I shall lookout for you with your placard outside the church NOT of your choice.

There is no guarantee of further devolution post implementation of the 2012 act. So, yes it really is.

There is no guarantee of further devolution post implementation of the 2012 act. So, yes it really is.

Of course there's no guarantee of more powers. Amazingly enough, the nature of law-making is that you can't guarantee laws will pass. It doesn't mean that rejecting one of the alternatives is the same as endorsing the status quo.

Voting No is not endorsing the status quo. You may have arrived at a judgment that it facilitates the status quo. That sentiment is the main reason behind my Yes vote, as I seem to have re-iterated for what must be the hundredth time on here. But motives and effects are different. If people think there will be further devolution in the event of a No vote, and more than a third of voters do believe there will be more powers, then they are not voting for the status quo. They are voting only against independence. If you insist on inhabiting a binary world don't be surprised when people who don't conform to it are critical of you.

Edited by Ad Lib

My point is you stated all polls favouring the No side were legit. We both know that wasn't the case and the ICM poll proved that.

I said you should retract your comments as it was basically bollocks and the proof was there with the latest poll that they do indeed get up to manipulation of polls.

Colkitto hasn't been along to rubbish the poll yet and attack ICM.

Will be happening shortly I'm sure.

If the Scotsman has to manipulate polls by asking a leading question it probably means that the No campaign is not that far ahead as they would like us to believe.

My point is you stated all polls favouring the No side were legit. We both know that wasn't the case and the ICM poll proved that.

I said you should retract your comments as it was basically bollocks and the proof was there with the latest poll that they do indeed get up to manipulation of polls.

If the Scotsman has to manipulate polls by asking a leading question it probably means that the No campaign is not that far ahead as they would like us to believe.

Couldn't agree more:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/bending-truth-until-it-breaks/

And after yesterday's pretence that you aren't in fact a comical busted flush of a poster... we get this :lol:

What was leading about this question? Be very specific.

What was leading about this question? Be very specific.

Well the referendum question was asked as the third question, not the first.

One of the questions "Thinking about the referendum on independence for Scotland, do you feel comfortable or uncomfortable being asked which way you might vote?"

That is intended to influence their reaction to the independence question making them feel uncomfortable about being asked.

Why did ICM change methodology from their last poll? Did they not like the results they got last time?

People like you are being duped into believing the No side are so far ahead they are on course to victory. If they resort to this sort of manipulation then it doesn't take a genius to work out they are not.

That is intended to influence their reaction to the independence question making them feel uncomfortable about being asked.

Is it?

In what way? Are you a psephologist now?

And in what way does this favour either Yes or No?

Edited by H_B