Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

My parents occasionally shop at Asda. I find that abhorrent.

The correct places to supermarket shop are Sainsbury's for routine stuff and Morrisons for the meat counter.[/quote

Have you seen the meat counter at Waitrose? Makes Morrisons look very poor indeed.

Cheese selection in the Edinburgh Waitrose is second only to IJ Mellis. A true paradise.

Morrisons meat counter is indeed second to none.

Something fishy about that post

Cheese selection in the Edinburgh Waitrose is second only to IJ Mellis. A true paradise.

There's some mixed messages getting posted on this thread now.

My parents occasionally shop at Asda. I find that abhorrent.

The correct places to supermarket shop are Sainsbury's for routine stuff and Morrisons for the meat counter.

When you're big enough to pay for the shopping you can tell us all where the correct place to shop is.

When you're big enough to pay for the shopping you can tell us all where the correct place to shop is.

I *do* pay for my shopping, champ. My parents don't stop eating just because I've left home and have an independent income.

With under 10 weeks to go, I think the debate over opinion polls is becoming a bit stale. There are good polls for Yes and good polls for No, and I don't see that changing till maybe in the last 2 weeks or so.

If polls remain the same right up to polling day, as in polls showing 15/20 point lead to No or level pegging or indeed a Yes lead, then some polling organisations are going to look ridiculous come the 19th September.

One thing that seems to be getting ignored to a certain extent is how will the approximately extra 30% who didn't vote in the last general election vote? With turnout expected to be around 75% to 80% mark that could be around 1 million votes.

But all will be revealed shortly in September.....

With under 10 weeks to go, I think the debate over opinion polls is becoming a bit stale. There are good polls for Yes and good polls for No, and I don't see that changing till maybe in the last 2 weeks or so.

If polls remain the same right up to polling day, as in polls showing 15/20 point lead to No or level pegging or indeed a Yes lead, then some polling organisations are going to look ridiculous come the 19th September.

One thing that seems to be getting ignored to a certain extent is how will the approximately extra 30% who didn't vote in the last general election vote? With turnout expected to be around 75% to 80% mark that could be around 1 million votes.

But all will be revealed shortly in September.....

Is the turnout really going to be that high though? Since the turn of the millenium turnouts for Scottish elections have been within the margin of error of 50%, with a 10% boost for UK elections. I know this is a big decision for Scotland but I can't see them managing to raise an exceptionally good turnout. 11/10 for a sub-70% turnout looks like a good investment imo

If you have a local iceland, it should be entered regularly with the sole intention of purchasing frozen greggs sausage rolls. Fucking delish produce imo.

Does your Mum go to Iceland?

Is the turnout really going to be that high though? Since the turn of the millenium turnouts for Scottish elections have been within the margin of error of 50%, with a 10% boost for UK elections. I know this is a big decision for Scotland but I can't see them managing to raise an exceptionally good turnout. 11/10 for a sub-70% turnout looks like a good investment imo

I do, I believe we will get a high 70% turnout, maybe more

I do, I believe we will get a high 70% turnout, maybe more

In that case Yes would need approximately 1.5 million votes to win.

I checked and the turnout for Quebec's 1995 referendum was ridiculously high. Nearly 95%. Can't see it being that high for this one. Possibly 85% at most.

I checked and the turnout for Quebec's 1995 referendum was ridiculously high. Nearly 95%. Can't see it being that high for this one. Possibly 85% at most.

The 2006 Montenegro referendum was above the 80% mark too.

Interesting quote I found about polling when looking for turnout "Polling throughout the campaign was sporadic" :lol:

The 2006 Montenegro referendum was above the 80% mark too.

Interesting quote I found about polling when looking for turnout "Polling throughout the campaign was sporadic" :lol:

How do these figures compare to standard election turnouts in those countries? I know there will be a boost, but even a 75% turnout would require half of the non-voters from the Scottish elections to vote. That seems like a tall order.

Did the Quebec referendum have compulsory voting? I ask because turnout in the 90s is really high, even for a referendum perceived to be of special importance.

As an indication, the 1997 devolution referendum had a turnout of only 60% and the 1979 one was only 64%. UK elections just don't have high turn-outs and haven't done for a long time. To break 70% would be a strong day and to break 80% would be record-breaking.

She does. One of the real treats of being home for a bit is the fact that there is an iceland in Airdrie, whereas from my flat at uni you need to get 2 buses to reach the nearest iceland

The Internet, have you heard of it? £35 for free home delivery, which should be around about enough to completely stuff a student freezer.

Also, you're from Airdrie! That solves the puzzle of why one so young is such an ardent Tory unionist.

As an indication, the 1997 devolution referendum had a turnout of only 60% and the 1979 one was only 64%.

The political atmosphere in 1997 was basically the diametric opposite of now, and people were plainly off their heads at the end of the seventies.

Edited by Thumper

I'm not an Ardent Tory. I like certain policies from all four main parties

Yeah but to you, the 4 main parties are birthday, house, street and graduation.

See what I did there?