Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Essentially meaningless but its getting posted anyway.

RIC canvassing in Kirkton yesterday. Results were Yes 54.6% No 19.5% Undecided 25.9%

It's not meaningless to those trawling the doors.

I'd probably tell Radical Independence I was a Yes supporter as well, just to get them to leave me alone.

Aye, like I care if anyone believes me.

You just keep on underestimating YES right upto 10PM on voting day like the rest of the trumpets.

You obviously do care or you wouldn't have asked me why I refuse to believe you. You clearly value my opinion on the matter. Thanks, I suppose.

As for voting day, I'm not underestimating Yes. I can respect about a third of the public are pro-independence. Its not enough though is it? And it's not underestimating them. If I'm wrong, it'll likely be because Yes was closer to 1 in 4. :)

I'd probably tell Radical Independence I was a Yes supporter as well, just to get them to leave me alone.

You obviously do care or you wouldn't have asked me why I refuse to believe you. You clearly value my opinion on the matter. Thanks, I suppose.

As for voting day, I'm not underestimating Yes. I can respect about a third of the public are pro-independence. Its not enough though is it? And it's not underestimating them. If I'm wrong, it'll likely be because Yes was closer to 1 in 4. :)

That doesn't mean care that means I'm seeing what makes you tick.

Radical independence just love a Sunday morning walk through a shitehole don't they? I'd hazard a guess that the results would be vastly different if they canvassed Newton Mearns or Balerno.

Yep and they'll be having a lot more, give them a wee push.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-final-push-another-scotland-is-possible

Of course door knocking isn't meaningless, but the courier roadshow showed the enormous differentials in voting intentions at different areas of Dundee, Angus and Fife.

51% No, 40% Yes and 9% undecided was the overall result. Dundee was the only region to vote yes. A good sample as a whole but I wouldn't look too much in to the individual town/village results as many will be very small sample sizes.

For me, the interesting aspect was that the don't knows were much, much less than the polls are showing. Was this because people had a ballot box of sorts before them and many DKs broke and made a decision?

Some might not, which is why showing them how to register is smart business by the RIC. With all these missing millions I reckon the Yes vote might hit 7 million.

I wonder who will chair the stewards inquiry.

They targeted yet another shitehole?

I understand WHY they're going after the missing million (not plural) but in reality they'll get a quarter of them to turn out at best. As has been mentioned before, there is a quiet but large group of people that have exterior motives for keeping their names off the voters roll, some people are downright apathetic and some just don't think their vote will make any difference so won't bother to cast it.

If we assume that the 60% that normally vote in UK elections vote, then I'd be pretty surprised if the turnout goes above 75%. Of the 20% of the vote that's come from the missing million, yes would be looking for 60% at best, so you're talking 4% more of the overall vote. Hardly a game changer.

That's a very strange assumption to make.

Most of them won't bother to vote, for a start.

I actually think yes could do with more people that think like you. Pro-business types that spot gaps in the market, and aren't afraid to self-identify as conservative type voters. At the moment the natural position of any right leaning voter is to vote No and yes Scotland have done absolutely nothing to counter that

Not really, if YES convince enough to register and vote they will win, if they don't they will lose.

I expect the majority of every demographic to vote.

I actually think yes could do with more people that think like you. Pro-business types that spot gaps in the market, and aren't afraid to self-identify as conservative type voters. At the moment the natural position of any right leaning voter is to vote No and yes Scotland have done absolutely nothing to counter that

Business for Scotland are doing fine in that regard, the polls consistently show a very small % of Tories will vote YES, while I don't expect that figure to reach 30 or 40% I do expect it to be greater than the 2's, 5's and 7%'s that we see in most polls.

I'd class myself on the right for business and the left for the people, quite a few of those YES voters I speak to are much the same.

Edited by ayrmad

I found a Yes event featuring those free market loving right wingers from Wealthy Nation tonight. Might interest you closet Tory no voters/undecided.

I'll give it a watch but they didn't really catch my imagination as much as I thought they would after their formation.

There would have been some tremendous arb betting available during the campaign.

With YES ranging from about 11/2 and as short as 7/4

When was Yes at 7 to 4?

What a lot of shite.

This vote could make a big surprise, I haven't known anyone that's voted before out of my close friends in any election, and I now know 30-40 people who I've seen actively say they will and who will be voting for the 1st time and who will be voting YES, all the older people who vote all the time will most likely return a majority NO but this is gonna see a lot of people voting for the 1st time and it could surprise a few in my opinion.

To write people off of voting because they are from 'shiteholes' as you put it is daft this is a vote that will bring out everyone.

Essentially meaningless but its getting posted anyway.

RIC canvassing in Kirkton yesterday. Results were Yes 54.6% No 19.5% Undecided 25.9%

How many did they canvass?

Would be interested to know because in my experience when you canvass on Kirkton you either get told to f**k off or the door isn't answered.