Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

You're from Scotland and you're in England you might not feel foreign but you are. Just like how a French person would be foreign in Germany.

What's it with people viewing the word foreign as a negative thing? It isn't.

France and Germany are not part of the same sovereign state. It really is that simple.

Yeah. Although I believe - as in the convention with most things - that the Northern Irish can choose to compete as part of team Ireland if they wish. Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember a bit of debate about Rory McIlroy, with golf joining the Olympics in 2016

It actually seems a bit wrong to call them team GB, but hey ho, I didn't come up with the colloquial name.

Yeah I looked it up, supposedly a bit of unhappiness in NI over the fact it's just called Team GB.

Yeah. Although I believe - as in the convention with most things - that the Northern Irish can choose to compete as part of team Ireland if they wish. Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember a bit of debate about Rory McIlroy, with golf joining the Olympics in 2016

It actually seems a bit wrong to call them team GB, but hey ho, I didn't come up with the colloquial name.

Why the fcuk did you reply in that manner, ffs someone revoke his weekend pass.

France and Germany are not part of the same sovereign state. It really is that simple.

What difference does that actually make, they are different countries, what difference does it make if they are the 1 sovereign state or not? As the definition on sovereign state showed earlier it can still imply that a sovereign state can mean 4 countries in a political Union. Definition of a foreigner is someone being in a country that he wasn't born in. If anything the whole thing shows just how stupid it is having 4 countries governed under the same umbrella, this situation is unique in the world, every other country in the world governs itself.

What difference does that actually make, they are different countries, what difference does it make if they are the 1 sovereign state or not? As the definition on sovereign state showed earlier it can still imply that a sovereign state can mean 4 countries in a political Union. Definition of a foreigner is someone being in a country that he wasn't born in. If anything the whole thing shows just how stupid it is having 4 countries governed under the same umbrella, this situation is unique in the world, every other country in the world governs itself.

Sorry but suggesting that France-Germany have the same relationship as Scotland-England is completely wide of the mark.

And also it's wrong to say that EVERY other country governs itself. Look at the likes of the Faroe Islands, they have a football team in UEFA etc but are still part of Denmark. There are lots of small islands in the Pacific Ocean that still send teams to the French cup, and I defy you to tell someone from Catalonia that it's not a country.

I'm sorry but to suggest Scotland is the ONLY non-independent country in the world is a bit wide of the mark

Dont they share a border and a currency though?

Cant you go from one to the other without a passport?

Wonder how people who live along this border cope.

Imagin living in one country and working in an other. It must be torture.

What if you lived in France, but the nearest Tesco was in Germany. What would you do?

It must be hell.

Sorry but suggesting that France-Germany have the same relationship as Scotland-England is completely wide of the mark.

And also it's wrong to say that EVERY other country governs itself. Look at the likes of the Faroe Islands, they have a football team in UEFA etc but are still part of Denmark. There are lots of small islands in the Pacific Ocean that still send teams to the French cup, and I defy you to tell someone from Catalonia that it's not a country.

I'm sorry but to suggest Scotland is the ONLY non-independent country in the world is a bit wide of the mark

Great so we are comparing Scotland to tiny tiny islands here? What about a country of similar size, any of them non independent?

Also if the people of Catalonia had a vote on it it would return near enough 100 percent YES.....

Are you talking about colonies that are not independent?

Aye, you've just hit on why we are ''the most successful family of Nations in the World''. We're the only fkg family of Nations in the World.

Great so we are comparing Scotland to tiny tiny islands here? What about a country of similar size, any of them non independent?

There's a country far larger than Scotland which isn't an independent nation.

I'll give you clue. You would say it's full of foreigners and I wouldn't. :)

There's a country far larger than Scotland which isn't an independent nation.

I'll give you clue. You would say it's full of foreigners and I wouldn't. :)

England is what 5 times bigger than Wales/NI/Scotland combined? The UK may aswell just be England for what little influence the other 3 have on anything.

One of the first aims I'd like an iScotland to have would be to get past this horrendous middle Britain attitude towards "foreigners". Where not considering yourself the same nationality as someone else is offensive and sickening because that's what foreigners are.

It's absolutely rank.

One of the first aims I'd like an iScotland to have would be to get past this horrendous middle Britain attitude towards "foreigners". Where not considering yourself the same nationality as someone else is offensive and sickening because that's what foreigners are.

It's absolutely rank.

Amen. It's treated as an insult on here which is absolutely absurd.