Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I'm both, but living in different parts of the UK does make you appreciate the countries are effectively the same.

I have spent most of my life living in Scotland so "British" is actually a more accurate description for me than "English" now I suppose. Just depends who asks the question. If someone from the UK asks I'll say I'm English but if someone from outside the UK asked I'd simplify it to "British". Either or, they are both correct at the end of the day. :)

Funnily enough I agree with you and it would just be as valid, should Scotland become independent of The UK. I would always refer to myself as Scottish wherever I was though and when I'm oversees, it also feels safer to do so too. Just one of the wee bonuses of belonging to a nation who enjoy a better reputation than some wannabe super power. Next time you're abroad, say your Scottish rather than British and see how the locals warm to you.

How could I lose an argument over something that is my opinion? You can't be right or wrong about your opinion?

Your opinion and your defence of it deploys the logic of conservative racists. Which given you are a TerraNatctal isn't exactly surprising.

Name me one person who, in challenging 1320Lichtie on his identity fascism on this thread this morning, "pretended the nationalism and identity fascism only exists one side of the debate."

Flagging up his moronic qualities neither implies nor denies the nationalism or identity fascism of anyone else. At all.

No bother.

Well put.

It's such a sickeningly nationalist thing to say... ' YOU'RE EITHER SCOTTISH OR BRITISH YOU CAN'T BE BOTH '

Now it's eniterly possible that Lex, the generally intelligent, forward thinking and not at all prone to making a total arse of himself guy that he is, is not using the word "nationalist" to mean supporter of Scottish Independence. Perhaps he's making a general point about the nature of national identity and wasn't jumping on the comments of one slightly ignorant guy to try and relate it to a whole group of people he disagrees with. We'll never know.

LOL.

Trust you to spin my words. The implication was that viewing the Russian and Chinese in the same boat as the English is unacceptable.

You're a weird guy man. A weird, slightly racist guy.

How could I lose an argument over something that is my opinion? You can't be right or wrong about your opinion?

What if your opinion is that slavery was a good thing for black people? (to pick a completely random example)

What if your opinion is that slavery was a good thing for black people? (to pick a completely random example)

I'd say that was an absolutely brutally wrong opinion.

But how is me saying that people who are from Wales or England are foreign the same as that? At all? It's quite clearly obvious that opinion you just gave isn't up for debate.

But surely mine is, people from different countries being classed foreign, how can that opinion be getting criticised so much?

Saying that also does not make me anti English or a racist, one of my best friends is English, that isn't a cliche I've made up either. My Facebook link is on here, go look, he's tagged in my main profile picture, if I was this vile racist Ethno Nat one of my best friends wouldn't be English surely?

Actually can't believe some of the abuse that's came my way for suggesting that people from different countries are foreign, it's not a negative term or an insult saying that.

I'd say that was an absolutely brutally wrong opinion.

But how is me saying that people who are from Wales or England are foreign the same as that? At all? It's quite clearly obvious that opinion you just gave isn't up for debate.

But surely mine is, people from different countries being classed foreign, how can that opinion be getting criticised so much?

Saying that also does not make me anti English or a racist, one of my best friends is English, that isn't a cliche I've made up either. My Facebook link is on here, go look, he's tagged in my main profile picture, if I was this vile racist Ethno Nat one of my best friends wouldn't be English surely?

Actually can't believe some of the abuse that's came my way for suggesting that people from different countries are foreign, it's not a negative term or an insult saying that.

Well at the moment we are in the same country as them. Yes they would be foreign after independence, but at the moment they aren't.

No bother.

Now it's eniterly possible that Lex, the generally intelligent, forward thinking and not at all prone to making a total arse of himself guy that he is, is not using the word "nationalist" to mean supporter of Scottish Independence. Perhaps he's making a general point about the nature of national identity and wasn't jumping on the comments of one slightly ignorant guy to try and relate it to a whole group of people he disagrees with. We'll never know.

LOL.

So to be clear here, if someone had said something other than what they had said, then they would have said what you presented as a straw man for what was being said, meaning that you were correct to say that they were in error for saying it?

But since they did not say something other than what they said, they did not say what you presented as a straw man for what was being said, meaning that you are incorrect to imply that what they said was in error?

Cool story bro.

So to be clear here, if someone had said something other than what they had said, then they would have said what you presented as a straw man for what was being said, meaning that you were correct to say that they were in error for saying it?

But since they did not say something other than what they said, they did not say what you presented as a straw man for what was being said, meaning that you are incorrect to imply that what they said was in error?

Cool story bro.

Cool story bro.