Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

All this shows is that there is no enthusiasm for Labour. The SNP have been in power for ever and, despite all the recent problems, real or made up, Labour are still struggling. Why would anyone who support independence vote for The Red Unionists?

What's REFUK's stance on independence anyway? They're big on self-determination and getting it right up the oppressive foreign dictators. I hear they're totally not fascists too, so they sound great. Might look up their policies.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Latest YouGov puts Labour lead at 30.

https://x.com/adambienkov/status/1788465584922923243?s=46&t=VI9PBOGiArQ8qgQBk99O4w

Applied across the country the Tories would be left with 13 seats, around half of which would be in Scotland.

Lol and indeed lmao, on many levels.

How to completely invalidate your extrapolation in one easy step  :lol:

FPTP really is a joke, but this would be hilarious for winding up the fascists:

PLAID: 0.6%, 3 seats
SNP: 3.1%, 29 seats
GREEN: 7%, 2 seats
LIB DEM: 9%, 44 seats
REFUK: 13%, 0 seats  :thumsup2

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Who are these 18%? I get "the 1%" going Tory as the Tories give them billions in public funds. But 18?

I checked out of interest and the percentage of higher rate tax payers in the UK (i.e., earning over £50k) is 16% so quite close to the conservatives polling numbers. Of course there are some Labour voters who earn over this and some working class Tories, but maybe £50k is the break even point where you become better off under the tax cutting Tories.

3 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I checked out of interest and the percentage of higher rate tax payers in the UK (i.e., earning over £50k) is 16% so quite close to the conservatives polling numbers. Of course there are some Labour voters who earn over this and some working class Tories, but maybe £50k is the break even point where you become better off under the tax cutting Tories.

Not for me. Everyone can see that everything isn't working. Every public service is fucked. The NHS waiting list is miles long, potholes everywhere, council services beyond breaking point, rivers full of jobbies...everywhere you look is decay and decline under this mob.I

And what is the Tories big idea? Paying folk to live rent free in Rwanda, folk who were going there anyway.

Starmer doesn't give me any special tingles, but a new Labour government will surely be better. It literally cannot be worse.

42 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I think its more likely to be pensioners etc who haven't recognised the fact the tory party now is full of bellends, racists, sex pests and just the plain thick, who make Norman Tebbit look like your anything goes free-wheeling uncle in comparison, and is a long way from the slightly portly cigar-smoking men who put business first they used to vote for or that nice Rory Stewart

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Not for me. Everyone can see that everything isn't working. Every public service is fucked. The NHS waiting list is miles long, potholes everywhere, council services beyond breaking point, rivers full of jobbies...everywhere you look is decay and decline under this mob.I

And what is the Tories big idea? Paying folk to live rent free in Rwanda, folk who were going there anyway.

Starmer doesn't give me any special tingles, but a new Labour government will surely be better. It literally cannot be worse.

Not being any worse than the existing Tory government is a low bar to set; an incredibly low bar.  But that’s all that Starmer is offering.

To address the issues you raise will require a funding commitment that he is not promising, if anything he’s gone back on previous promises.  What is required by an incoming Labour government is a radical alternative and he is offering, and will deliver, a very conservative one.

If there is any potential for good from it it’s that over the next few years Labour’s failure will reignite the Independence cause that is currently at an understandably low ebb.

Given that the Tories have wrecked the UK economy over the past few years, and have ratcheted borrowing up to ridiculous levels, mostly to fund tax cuts in recent times, there is very little economic manoeuvre room for Labour to come in and spend money.

The main difference is that they will borrow to invest in public services unlike the Tories, but there is still the Treasury, the Civil Service etc behind it all to pull the reigns in. 

Add in the impact of Brexit, and again, no government could just 'turn the spending taps on'.

Blair also promised to stick to Tory spending plans for 2 years in 97, yet was able to still deliver record investment for public services over the course of 3 terms.

7 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Given that the Tories have wrecked the UK economy over the past few years, and have ratcheted borrowing up to ridiculous levels, mostly to fund tax cuts in recent times, there is very little economic manoeuvre room for Labour to come in and spend money.

The main difference is that they will borrow to invest in public services unlike the Tories, but there is still the Treasury, the Civil Service etc behind it all to pull the reigns in. 

Add in the impact of Brexit, and again, no government could just 'turn the spending taps on'.

Blair also promised to stick to Tory spending plans for 2 years in 97, yet was able to still deliver record investment for public services over the course of 3 terms.

Ah! But with bringing in extreme right wingers to the party he will just continue with Tory policies. And the country is now out of recession. Hung parliament incoming. Hopegully.

Posted (edited)

Here’s a better thread on it all

Almost every poll I’ve seen post-BHAgate has seen the Greens gain seats.

Edited by ICTChris

12 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Ah! But with bringing in extreme right wingers to the party he will just continue with Tory policies. And the country is now out of recession. Hung parliament incoming. Hopegully.

As opposed to appointing an extreme right winger as your Deputy FM you mean?

And a hung parliament so you can still have the Tories wrecking the place? Dearie me.

1 minute ago, Jedi2 said:

And a hung parliament so you can still have the Tories wrecking the place? Dearie me.

No difference between Tories and Labour these days. And, regards Forbes? She is a loon ball.

2 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Is Doctor Jedi PhD now suggesting that Kate Forbes views are as extreme as Labour MP Natalie Elphicke?

That's an interesting take. I'm sure he'll provide some evidence soon.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Redfield and WIlton poll has Labour lead in Westminister

That will be the 'Swinney bounce' then presumably.