Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I'm just kinda looking forward to it all being over now. One way or the other I just hope whichever side wins ends up being the best for Scotland in the long run.

Why do you wish it was all over? It's been a fantastic debate that has awaken an apathetic public who are now engaging in politics in their thousands.

Just look at last nights meeting in Inverurie with Nicola Sturgeon - they actually ran out of chairs and was literally standing room only!

Bt0_V5LCUAIfcCF.jpg

Why do you wish it was all over? It's been a fantastic debate that has awaken an apathetic public who are now engaging in politics in their thousands.

Just look at last nights meeting in Inverurie with Nicola Sturgeon - they actually ran out of chairs and was literally standing room only!

Bt0_V5LCUAIfcCF.jpg

I can't speak for Mr Bairn but I can wait for it to be over. It hasn't been a fantastic debate, it's been a nasty debate with people worried to bring it up in conversation and any tweet or comment on social media met with a barrage of abuse from people who find it and disagree. Further, we've spent years having this at the top of our political agenda at a time when the economy has been in the shitter, international politics has been at its most significant since Iraq, inequality is increasing, underemployment, food banks, zero hour contracts etc have become more and more problematic but all the political focus has essentially been on whether we will have a British or a Scottish passport in five years time.

I hope No wins, but really I just want it over so we can stop caring about something relatively insignificant (despite the constant reminders that this is 'much more important than anything else' etc, to me it is insignificant in comparison with the social problems the UK is facing) and we can try to sort out what actually matters and return to the debate about how to help those who need it and how to solve problems that actually matter.

I can't speak for Mr Bairn but I can wait for it to be over. It hasn't been a fantastic debate, it's been a nasty debate with people worried to bring it up in conversation and any tweet or comment on social media met with a barrage of abuse from people who find it and disagree. Further, we've spent years having this at the top of our political agenda at a time when the economy has been in the shitter, international politics has been at its most significant since Iraq, inequality is increasing, underemployment, food banks, zero hour contracts etc have become more and more problematic but all the political focus has essentially been on whether we will have a British or a Scottish passport in five years time.

I hope No wins, but really I just want it over so we can stop caring about something relatively insignificant (despite the constant reminders that this is 'much more important than anything else' etc, to me it is insignificant in comparison with the social problems the UK is facing) and we can try to sort out what actually matters and return to the debate about how to help those who need it and how to solve problems that actually matter.

This must be the most ironic post I've ever read on here.

Are you having an actual giraffe? As you are the most fervent Labour supporter on here, I hope the above is either tongue in cheek or an attempt at comedy.

If not, I GENUINELY fear for you.

Are you having an actual giraffe? As you are the most fervent Labour supporter on here, I hope the above is either tongue in cheek or an attempt at comedy.

If not, I GENUINELY fear for you.

Do you ever make arguments or respond to actual points made, or do you just react with over the too descriptions of how shocked you are and 'GENUINELY' fearful you are for people who haven't subscribed to the same world view that you have? What exactly do you genuinely fear will happen to me?

But yes, I am a Labour voter and I'm a labour voter because I'm left-wing. I therefore care a lot more about left-wing issues than I do about the referendum.

It's funny you don't seem to realise it's the no side who want to discuss things like passports, border controls etc.... While avoiding debating (or sometimes just not bothering to turn up for a debate) some of the real issues you mention.

It's funny you don't seem to realise it's the no side who want to discuss things like passports, border controls etc.... While avoiding debating (or sometimes just not bothering to turn up for a debate) some of the real issues you mention.

I don't care which side do what (I'm not voting on the basis of what the official campaigns are doing but on what I believe is best for the UK), both sides are focused on the referendum, not on the things that matter to me. Once the referendum is over and we can move on we can go back to focusing on what matters.

Do you ever make arguments or respond to actual points made, or do you just react with over the too descriptions of how shocked you are and 'GENUINELY' fearful you are for people who haven't subscribed to the same world view that you have? What exactly do you genuinely fear will happen to me?

But yes, I am a Labour voter and I'm a labour voter because I'm left-wing. I therefore care a lot more about left-wing issues than I do about the referendum.

Is this parody day?

I don't care which side do what (I'm not voting on the basis of what the official campaigns are doing but on what I believe is best for the UK), both sides are focused on the referendum, not on the things that matter to me. Once the referendum is over and we can move on we can go back to focusing on what matters.

Why dont you vote on what you think is best for Scotland?

Yet you have just pointed out some of the serious problems we have within the UK and it's not as if they just popped up overnight

I fail to see how things will change if we vote no.

Yet you have just pointed out some of the serious problems we have within the UK and it's not as if they just popped up overnight

I fail to see how things will change if we vote no.

I don't think they will change either way without effort and time, but I'm an optimist and I believe that we can achieve these things. Having them competing for media focus with issues like independence however puts them lower down the agenda. I hope that the big focus post-referendum will be on these things. way I see it is the best way for this to happen is for the UK to stay together and Ed to win the election next year. Others may think it is to have an independent Scotland, either way once the referendum is done I think it is then that we can focus on these issues. The referendum debate itself I dislike, think is destructing and has attracted some of the worst kinds of arguments and debates. People seem to take this debate so personally, and it's getting to the point that if someone in 'neutral' company (e.g. a work night out) mentions the way they are voting and you can almost feel the tension spread around the table. I've never experienced that with politics in the UK before.

I was responding to actual points made. Yours. So far as I can see from your contribution thus far, your commitment to the Labour party outshines your commitment to Scotland.

You care about left wing issues? Labour positioning themselves a millimetre to the left of the Tories does not make them a left wing party.

Tell me - what do Labour in Westminster plan to do about foodbanks, child poverty, zero hours contracts, the wealth gap in Britain, Work Capabality Assessments or Trident?