Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Basically yes. Bermuda also rejected independence recently, so no doubt our new identity fascist from Motherwell will be along to slander them soon.

Wait, I'm an identity fascist? Pray tell, how I am one of those? Genuinely interest (and so you're not wrong again about I'm actually from York).

In some ways I'm a bit bemused at the No posters on here all wanting to know who will come onto the forum on the 19th September.

If it is a No vote nobody wins. Just because you voted No won't make you immune to the shafting Scotland will inevitably receive from Westminster.

Things won't just go back to what they were before the referendum was announced. Just let that sink in....

Interesting to note that the non-political Commonwealth Games has seen a shift in the bookies which the odds of independence coming in slightly and the odds for a No vote drifting just a touch.

Air Braveheart the night before the vote and it's in the bag.

It is in the bag. As someone once said 'the purpose of polls aren't used to guage public opinion, but to change it'.

Believing it more and more, when more and more of your hardcore west coast flute and sash holders are turning to YES ;) , you know something is happening.

I've met a few ''working class'' No voters.

They all grew up in relative luxury yet maybe one of their parents came from a Labour background, and they all hate Salmond.

They all use the usual shitey cliches about him being fat, granny shagger or a nazi yet just like their favourite soundbyte been told by their father that he is evil.

Pathetic c***s.

GTF.

Wait, I'm an identity fascist? Pray tell, how I am one of those? Genuinely interest (and so you're not wrong again about I'm actually from York).

Mr Bairn doesn't know why he thinks you're an identity fascist. He saw his Mum and Dad use the phrase a couple of times and now throws it around with hapless abandon.

That is interesting but perhaps what we would expect from previous polls.

DOes anyone have an estimate as to the breakdown of Scotland in terms of ABC1C2DE?

Here's a full UK breakdown

Social Grade Description % HRP population (UK)

AB Higher & intermediate managerial, administrative, professional occupations 22.17

C1 Supervisory, clerical & junior managerial, administrative, professional occupations 30.84

C2 Skilled manual occupations 20.94

DE Semi-skilled & unskilled manual occupations, Unemployed and lowest grade occupations 26.05

One issue with this as well is that middle class people are more likely to vote than working class people, although the one-off nature of the referendum could see the turnout gap close.

Edited by ICTChris

That is interesting but perhaps what we would expect from previous polls.

DOes anyone have an estimate as to the breakdown of Scotland in terms of ABC1C2DE?

Here's a full UK breakdown

Social Grade Description % HRP population (UK)

AB Higher & intermediate managerial, administrative, professional occupations 22.17

C1 Supervisory, clerical & junior managerial, administrative, professional occupations 30.84

C2 Skilled manual occupations 20.94

DE Semi-skilled & unskilled manual occupations, Unemployed and lowest grade occupations 26.05

One issue with this as well is that middle class people are more likely to vote than working class people, although the one-off nature of the referendum could see the turnout gap close.

There will not be a turnout gap.

There will.

Scheme goblins are less likely to vote than non scheme goblins

How can you possibly think the vote is going to be within 4 or 5 points if there's going to be a deficit and YES have a quarter of the ABC1 vote, it doesn't compute, both those suggest YES getting a trouncing, 70-30 ain't happening I'm afraid.

Edited by ayrmad

How can you possibly think the vote is going to be within 4 or 5 points if there's going to be a deficit and YES have a quarter of the ABC1 vote, it doesn't compute, both those suggest YES getting a trouncing, 70-30 ain't happening I'm afraid.

lolwut?

What percentage of the country are in the ABC1 range?

Also, who has said Yes will get 1/4 of the ABC1 vote?

Edited by H_B