Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

At least expectations of Salmond will be down considerably for the next debate. Perhaps it was the plan all along, lure Darling into a false sense of security on STV and then lay the smack down on the BBC.

Not surprised to see the odds for No shortening after last night, by any objective measure No came out of it better as Salmond did nothing at all to convince people that becoming Independent was a safe or secure thing to do. It was a really poor showing from him, no doubt.

However I still think Yes will win. Mainly because I can hardly see anyone who is planning to vote Yes changing to No. I don't know anyone who has changed from Yes to No, it seems like once you 'see the light', as it were, you don't go back. But I think there a lot of people who probably think they are a No - almost by default because they have never thought about it - and could easily change to Yes. To me it seems like a one way, very slow moving tide. It's just whether Yes can convert enough before polling day.

Either way, 5/1 is ridiculous value.

Not surprised to see the odds for No shortening after last night, by any objective measure No came out of it better as Salmond did nothing at all to convince people that becoming Independent was a safe or secure thing to do. It was a really poor showing from him, no doubt.

However I still think Yes will win. Mainly because I can hardly see anyone who is planning to vote Yes changing to No. I don't know anyone who has changed from Yes to No, it seems like once you 'see the light', as it were, you don't go back. But I think there a lot of people who probably think they are a No - almost by default because they have never thought about it - and could easily change to Yes. To me it seems like a one way, very slow moving tide. It's just whether Yes can convert enough before polling day.

It is. The only reason I haven't placed a bet, is because I never win bets. I suppose I should actually bet on No :unsure2:

It seems about right tbh, a No vote looks pretty secure. Maybe worth a punt and hoping for a performance masterclass to end all performance masterclasses from Salmond in the next debate and the Yes campaign to ramp it up big style in the coming weeks. They need to focus their message and sell like fcuk.

Genuinely cannot believe No voters are still crowing about the debate.

Polls show Yes increased 2% off the back of the debate. I've heard loads about undecideds moving to Yes but none to No.

And this was Salmond at his worst and Darling at the top of his game.

Lulz.

Genuinely cannot believe No voters are still crowing about the debate.

Polls show Yes increased 2% off the back of the debate. I've heard loads about undecideds moving to Yes but none to No.

And this was Salmond at his worst and Darling at the top of his game.

Lulz.

All this debate has done is make me realise how many people are desperate to vote for independence, that debate might not have convinced them but it certainly flicked the receptive YES switch on in many, pleasing.

It seems about right tbh, a No vote looks pretty secure. Maybe worth a punt and hoping for a performance masterclass to end all performance masterclasses from Salmond in the next debate and the Yes campaign to ramp it up big style in the coming weeks. They need to focus their message and sell like fcuk.

The only point in betting Yes is if you think the price will contract and you can lay it before ref day.

It might come in a touch between now and then.

Otherwise you just have a small strip of toilet paper the day after No wins.

All this debate has done is make me realise how many people are desperate to vote for independence, that debate might not have convinced them but it certainly flicked the receptive YES switch on in many, pleasing.

I'm starting to think of Yes as the athlete/ horse in a race which hangs back, reserving energy, only to put on the afterburners in the home straight.

The only point in betting Yes is if you think the price will contract and you can lay it before ref day.

It might come in a touch between now and then.

Otherwise you just have a small strip of toilet paper the day after No wins.

Or a wedge after YES wins.

As H_B points out, the wise move is to put a wad of cash in the hope of arbitrage profit before polling day. If you're actually lumping Yes in anticipation of winning then you're in trouble

Taking 5's and laying at 2's has already been advised and happened, if YES come back into 2's now you'd be as well holding out for the victory.

As is the mewling and whining from Camp No.

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth from a side who have it in the bag.

Over,done n dusted, I don't know why we're on here, we'd be better just hiding like Reynard then just pop up occasionally when a positive appears.

I'm surprised that a small swing is being regarded as insurmountable by so many that claim to be at the top of the intelligence tree.

Over,done n dusted, I don't know why we're on here, we'd be better just hiding like Reynard then just pop up occasionally when a positive appears.

I'm surprised that a small swing is being regarded as insurmountable by so many that claim to be at the top of the intelligence tree.

Yes have no chance. Didn't you know? NO CHANCE. The bookies say so.

We should listen to our nice, caring, No voting friends and give up.