Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

To be fair, it's not the first poll to show Glasgow tending yes - a fair few have, but then your into sub-sample territory and large statistical uncertainty (about +/- 7%, I think, at that size) so you really can't take too much from it.

There never has been a full poll done on what Glasgow, or Edinburgh would vote. I recall there being a borders only poll - woudl be nice to see some full regional polls.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/254563/poll-majority-would-vote-yes-in-north-east/

I don't know about Aberdeen. There's a shortage of flags, badges, etc. on the go in town itself, but the occasional splash of graffiti promoting 'Yes'. I've seen little in the way of campaigning on the streets except for a small 'No' stall which stood shivering in the rain last weekend while all their materials were soaked and ruined. Tubes. Were one to judge the vote on presence of Yes/No imagery hiding inamongst the monied dwellers of Kingswells, Yes would take the area, but it's hard to say how the Yanks and English kicking about would vote. I get the feeling there's an apathy in the city that's not present elsewhere. Meetings, marches, gatherings, etc., all seem to be on a smaller scale or less publicised than elsewhere. A solid effort this month could swing it, but after two years of horseshit from politicians, I have a feeling the result v Germany the week before the vote will make more difference than any last minute campaigning in some places up here.

In the Shire things are a bit more 'No', with more flags and badges promoting the negative seen at The Turriff Show last weekend, although the Better Together and Yes Scotland stalls were perched next to each other and the latter was making may more effort to approach punters while the BT lot stood idle trying to hand out Union Flags to loaded farmers who are already committed unionists.

Along the coast, Yes seems to be more prominent, but we're a shy type in the north-east and not known for actively taking an interest in anything bar moonshine and cousins. The Yestival evening in Lossiemouth drew a big crowd despite being forced to change venue at the last minute when the original venue refused to open their doors to them or even answer the phone, while the No campaign in town is run exclusively by Tories and thus is having a hard time. Burghead is full of Rangers fans who have defaulted to the expected position of having spent the entire week shouting 'What's Plan B?' out of their windows at passing cars.

It's all quite quiet. I think folk (myself included) have stopped involving themselves in the debate as much as possible and just want it done. Perhaps that was the plan all along for some.

I don't know about Aberdeen. There's a shortage of flags, badges, etc. on the go in town itself, but the occasional splash of graffiti promoting 'Yes'. I've seen little in the way of campaigning on the streets except for a small 'No' stall which stood shivering in the rain last weekend while all their materials were soaked and ruined. Tubes. Were one to judge the vote on presence of Yes/No imagery hiding inamongst the monied dwellers of Kingswells, Yes would take the area, but it's hard to say how the Yanks and English kicking about would vote. I get the feeling there's an apathy in the city that's not present elsewhere. Meetings, marches, gatherings, etc., all seem to be on a smaller scale or less publicised than elsewhere. A solid effort this month could swing it, but after two years of horseshit from politicians, I have a feeling the result v Germany the week before the vote will make more difference than any last minute campaigning in some places up here.

In the Shire things are a bit more 'No', with more flags and badges promoting the negative seen at The Turriff Show last weekend, although the Better Together and Yes Scotland stalls were perched next to each other and the latter was making may more effort to approach punters while the BT lot stood idle trying to hand out Union Flags to loaded farmers who are already committed unionists.

Along the coast, Yes seems to be more prominent, but we're a shy type in the north-east and not known for actively taking an interest in anything bar moonshine and cousins. The Yestival evening in Lossiemouth drew a big crowd despite being forced to change venue at the last minute when the original venue refused to open their doors to them or even answer the phone, while the No campaign in town is run exclusively by Tories and thus is having a hard time. Burghead is full of Rangers fans who have defaulted to the expected position of having spent the entire week shouting 'What's Plan B?' out of their windows at passing cars.

It's all quite quiet. I think folk (myself included) have stopped involving themselves in the debate as much as possible and just want it done. Perhaps that was the plan all along for some.

Imagine Scotland trounced Germany and everybody got a new sense of patriotism and voted AYE. :lol:

Should of had the England game before the referendum.... :whistle

I believe it'll make some kind of difference. Not sure how much but I actually think it will. Whether that means we're not taking this seriously enough, or take football too seriously, is for someone else to decide.

In other poll news, every time I've opened up a discussion with the 17-19 year olds who pass through my classroom, 'No' comes out on top, although mainly because there's only ever a mix of 'No' and 'TOWIE', and TOWIE ain't on the ballot paper.

Old lad wearing a Yes hat outside my office earlier whipping the tourists into a frenzy with his Scottish tune busking. Dropped him a quid, he had a fortune in there.

At least there's some sound c***s in this city. I'll never engage in an Edinburgh v Glasgow debate again if they vote Yes and Edinburgh shites it.

Who is Jai McDowall

A young man from Tarbolton who won the fifth series of Britain's Got Talent.

and which people do you believe will be stupid enough to cast their vote based on his views rather than their own?

See "Britain's Got Talent" in part 1.

A young man from Tarbolton who won the fifth series of Britain's Got Talent.

See "Britain's Got Talent" in part 1.

Ah right, thanks. I don't watch it so that's probably why I'd never heard of him.

Why do you thing some of the electorate are sufficiently dim that they would cast their vote based on the views of someone who won a TV talent show? Did he win it for delivering inciteful political orations that grasped the viewers' hearts and minds?

Why do you thing some of the electorate are sufficiently dim that they would cast their vote based on the views of someone who won a TV talent show? Did he win it for delivering inciteful political orations that grasped the viewers' hearts and minds?

I dunno you should start asking the person that started letsstaytogether and BT for dragging out Z list celebs they seem to think it will work.

And people are also sufficiently dim to be voting NO cause of Rangers... You'd be surprised at how thick a lot of the electorate are. Surely a positive thing for Better Together mind you.

I dunno you should start asking the person that started letsstaytogether and BT for dragging out Z list celebs they seem to think it will work.

And people are also sufficiently dim to be voting NO cause of Rangers... You'd be surprised at how thick a lot of the electorate are. Surely a positive thing for Better Together mind you.

Are you suggesting a lot of the electorate are too stupid?

I've bet a pal £100 that Glasgow and Dundee will both vote yes.

He thinks all the cities will vote no and it'll be "Only teuchters and bumpkins who'll vote yes".

Dundee I think is the safest bet for a yes city?

Dundee is the safest Yes area in Scotland.

Angus could go either way. I've never understood how some of the area are so massively SNP area especially around the suburbs of Dundee (Monifeith and Sidlaw area) where most people are old.

Old lad wearing a Yes hat outside my office earlier whipping the tourists into a frenzy with his Scottish tune busking. Dropped him a quid, he had a fortune in there.

At least there's some sound c***s in this city. I'll never engage in an Edinburgh v Glasgow debate again if they vote Yes and Edinburgh shites it.

Edinburgh's not bad. Encounter folk with Yes badges whilst walking in the street most days. I've always got a badge on myself so it's good when we give a wee head-nod in acknowledgement.

Dundee is the safest Yes area in Scotland.

Angus could go either way. I've never understood how some of the area are so massively SNP area especially around the suburbs of Dundee (Monifeith and Sidlaw area) where most people are old.

It's definitely the 'Welcome to Angus - Birthplace of Scotland' signs! Thank Arbroath for that! ;):lol:

This referendum is stupid! Where do you want me to send your penny? Maybe a public convenience where you could spend it.

Hmm

Hamilton Accies fan.... Can't spell.... voting No....

Roger?