Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I have read Jim Sillars quoting a couple of examples of elections where the grassroots campaign really took hold, and the pollsters got it wrong.

Could this genuine change be happening 'under the radar'?

No

I have read Jim Sillars quoting a couple of examples of elections where the grassroots campaign really took hold, and the pollsters got it wrong.

Could this genuine change be happening 'under the radar'?

It could happen. But the difference is big, keep convincing folk.

I've just seen the Voting Guide which has come through the door.

When both sides are given a single page to put their point across, why the f*** have the Yes campaign wasted 2/3rds of the page with a shitey photo though? :huh:

The No thanks side is mainly complete whataboutery. Skint folk will probably buy the 'pay more for our mortgages, credit cards and loans' bit the most though. Is it absolutely certain that will happen though? No thanks say: "Voting for independence would be a huge leap into the unknown. If we leave then we lose the strength of the UK pound. This would mean we would pay more for our mortgages, credit cards and loans."

I'd personally be willing to pay a bit more to live in a fairer society but I can understand why others wouldn't take that same view.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've just seen the Voting Guide which has come through the door.

When both sides are given a single page to put their point across, why the f*** have the Yes campaign wasted 2/3rds of the page with a shitey photo though? :huh:

The No thanks side is mainly complete whataboutery. Skint folk will probably buy the 'pay more for our mortgages, credit cards and loans' bit the most though.

Why has either side got a page?

Survation has done a poll of 1000 women on the independence question.

http://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Scottish-omnibus-August-Daily-Record.pdf

Every single poll is near enough exactly the same? Ie the percentages of them all basically stuck. :lol:

NO is always late 40s/50 percent.

YES is always early/mid 30s.

MAYBES are always early 20s.

Pointless looking at them now you can guarantee the next one will be the same too. :lol:

Every single poll is near enough exactly the same? Ie the percentages of them all basically stuck. :lol:

Pointless looking at them now you can guarantee the next one will be the same too. :lol:

Don't Stop Beleeevin'

I thought it was a document to inform people how to go about voting.

Not just it seems. The worrying this is that you know some people are going to choose which box they'll tick based entirely on those few sentences.

The one on the 18th of next month will be the same too. Without the maybes of course.

Perhaps your crystal ball will also tell you when the Maureens will pick up a point?

Coming from the guy who spent all last season telling us Killie will DEFINITELY finish above St Mirren? :lol:

They didn't btw.

Coming from the guy who spent all last season telling us Killie will DEFINITELY finish above St Mirren? :lol:

They didn't btw.

Living in the past eh? Typical Unionist?

And did I not accept my humiliation with good grace and humour?

That's the difference between a Yes voter and a No voter.

You'd have probably ripped your St Mirren wallpaper to shreds and kicked your buddies lampshade around the bedroom were the positions reversed.

We WILL finish above you this season though.

:)

Out of interest, have any charity bets been made between posters on here on the outcome?

Was one between Reynard and a guy who doesn't post anymore. Dundee I think fan can't remember his name.

My offer of odds of 5/1 on any charity bet I made last year on here still stands.