Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I'm pretty sure Darling's last clown running across a minefield performance made its contribution.

They must be bricking it, trying to find a credible tack for eyebrows ahead of the next debate. It'd be glorious if he just tried to bang on about currency again.

Darling is a busted flush, he is getting pelters from both sides, Alexander is being round accused of fucking this up and what is the Bitter's response to all this?

brown.jpeg

Gordon "Where's the gold" Brown! :lol:

So do you concede Yes might win? And that doesn't bother you?

Whatever the result, we can guarantee that H_B will come out with his classics like, "As I said all along", and, "Just as I predicted months ago", even if the result is the complete opposite to what he's been saying for the last two years.

This is him trying to save face now. Before it was, "Yes were never going to win". Now, it's "I still expect No to win", which implies there's a small chance for Yes.

He's the Peter Kellner of P+B essentially.

Yay! :lol: BINGO!

Another post from Mr Bairn about how he is influencing the polling. Give it up, you have been banging away at this like a kid that's desperate to tell his friends he found a torn scrap of nudie magazine in the bushes.

Don't flatter yourself and stop telling us how much influence you have. This has to be the 10th time you've been claiming to be the "go to guy" for all the pollsters.

Has he decided which side he's supporting today?

Doesn't bother me at all - I've already said I don't believe Independence will make any difference at all to people's lives or to anything really.

But no, I don't think Yes might win.

I have consistently said the same that it won't make a fundamental change swapping one set of chancers at Westminster for another set of chancers in Holyrood.

Has he decided which side he's supporting today?

I believe it all depends on the number of polls he is asked to participate in. After all he is such a bellwether for political opinion the pollsters are queuing up to ask his opinion. Not that he would say so of course, he never mentions polls once, not once.

To clarify, I'm saying that the people who live here should make the decisions about Scotland's future. That includes the English who live in Scotland and excludes Scots who decided to leave Scotland behind.

I find it odd that the Scots who left (and are peeved that they can't get a vote) agree with the Yes campaign when a large part of their argument is that Scotland should be run by the people who live in Scotland. It seems incredibly contradictive.

As a Scotsman living outwith my country, I have no problem whatsoever in being excluded from voting in the referendum. I chose to move away. I find myself probably more patriotic than I was when I lived in Scotland. I believe if I don't pay taxes in Scotland I have no right to vote for something that I might not have to live with the consequences. I hope with all my heart that yes vote wins. If yes wins I will seriously contemplate returning to an independent Scotland to live and pay my taxes. I know a couple of Scottish folk living here all say they think they want to return home to an independent Scotland.

What's probably most interesting is this :-

"made particular progress amongst the less well-off C2DE social groups, at whom much of its campaigning has been targeted in recent weeks"

This really should be Yes's focus. Obviously it's no surprise that amongst the wealthier, more educated demographics, they are going to lose.

But amongst the less savvy, wealthy and educated elements of society, they can hoover up some votes.

It's exactly this Boris Johnsonesque "poor = stupid" hyper-right wing barbarism that there's a popular movement against at the moment. Luckily this opinion is now in the minority, once you remove over 60s, and most of your dinosaur pals won't hold back any hope of a normal, civil society for too much longer.

The big challenge is to get our side up a few percent in the next couple of weeks, so we don't have to wait another generation to avoid political dictation from this kind of simpleton, middle Britain viewpoint any more.

It's exactly this Boris Johnsonesque "poor = stupid" hyper-right wing barbarism that there's a popular movement against at the moment. Luckily this opinion is now in the minority, once you remove over 60s, and most of your dinosaur pals won't hold back any hope of a normal, civil society for too much longer.

H_B in smug and arrogant reply shocker.

This poster has made a point of trying to sound like he is talking down to us "oiks", and it will be all the more sweeter on the 19th when we gain independence that it's people like him who will look the fool he is.

Luckily this opinion is now in the minority, once you remove over 60s, and most of your dinosaur pals won't hold back any hope of a normal, civil society for too much longer.

Right, so if you ignore people whose views you want to exclude, Yes are in the majority in the top societal grouping.

Fantastic!

An acquaintance of mine- very easily C1 material- has made the jump to yes. Darling a major cause.

My particular part of the world (Bellyeoman, Dunfermline) has seen a sharp rise in yes posters in windows and stickers on cars. It's a middle class district.

If the A/B/C1s are turning to yes, my thinking is that is reflecting in the polls. If the C2s/D/Es are turning to yes (and probably never asked their opinions on much), then yes will probably win.

If districts like Bellyeoman are being lost, No has lost the referendum.