Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

If somebody was on Twitter impersonating the MD of Panelbase, wouldn't the company have something to say about it?

Anyway, if the SNP or Yes Scotland have commissioned a private poll then it could be about specific aspects of the campaign or to help target campaigning for the final week. All parties will have conducted lots of polls that haven't been published throughout the campaign.

ETA - You can now bet on the outcome of the next Panelbase / YouGov etc poll apparently. Seems a strange thing to bet on.

Edited by ICTChris

Almost certain tomorrow's polls will show a drop in Yes support. Unionist so predictable you can script it!

We can see what's happening on the ground. I can see a final manipulation of polls

If Yes are going to win don't you think companies like Survation, YouGov, Panelbase etc would want to predict it?

If Yes wins against the polls it'll be a disaster for polling companies - the biggest since they didn't get the 1992 election right. Why would they be so keen for this?

Edited by ICTChris

If Yes are going to win don't you think companies like Survation, YouGov, Panelbase etc would want to predict it?

If Yes wins against the polls it'll be a disaster for polling companies - the biggest since they didn't get the 1992 election right. Why would they be so keen for this?

Because, like Labour, their desperation to maintain the Union supercedes their principles.

They can quite easily say that referendums are notoriously hard to predict etc. The entire British establishment is mobilising for one last push. I wouldn't put anything past them.

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/

A small correction to yesterday's post : Ivor Knox of Panelbase sent me an email earlier today to clarify that all of his firm's polls for the Sunday Times have been commissioned by the Scottish edition of the paper, whereas the upcoming YouGov poll has been commissioned by the UK edition. So Panelbase haven't been sidelined, although Mr Knox stressed that he couldn't say whether they'd be conducting any further referendum polls for the Sunday Times.

That still leaves the mystery of who commissioned the Panelbase poll that has been in the field this week - perhaps we'll find out over the next couple of days.

That's one way of looking at it. What if they didn't want it released because it showed a large lead? Maybe not wanting activists to become complacent?

Ahhahahhahahhahahhaha

A. Hahhahahahhahhahhaha

Because, like Labour, their desperation to maintain the Union supercedes their principles.

They can quite easily say that referendums are notoriously hard to predict etc. The entire British establishment is mobilising for one last push. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Tinfoil hat stuff lads.

The polling companies will place their professional reputation above any perceived desire to maintain the Union. Not to mention those that are commissioned by Yes Scotland.

Tinfoil hat stuff lads.

The polling companies will place their professional reputation above any perceived desire to maintain the Union. Not to mention those that are commissioned by Yes Scotland.

Really ? The polls have been miles out for months.

Remember that in most cases, polls are representative of people who have signed up to be part of a polling panel.

This referendum is unlike any other campaign and has energised and mobilised people who have never before had any interest in politics and who certainly wouldn't register with a polling company.

This, I feel, is partially why the polls have always been under-representative of the large grassroots Yes movement.

Who knows what they will predict next week? From last Sunday the stuffing has been knocked out the No campaign over the YouGov poll.

They won't want another week like last week that's for sure. We know the polls have been manipulated in the past and YouGov have been one of the biggest culprits, that's why they had to play catch up with other pollsters showing large swings.

No way the Yes vote has fallen back this week, far from it. Any poll suggesting it has is wrong.

Remember that in most cases, polls are representative of people who have signed up to be part of a polling panel.

This referendum is unlike any other campaign and has energised and mobilised people who have never before had any interest in politics and who certainly wouldn't register with a polling company.

This, I feel, is partially why the polls have always been under-representative of the large grassroots Yes movement.

This is a valid point and completely different from saying the Pollsters are deliberately underestimating Yes support to try and influence the outcome.

Fantastic point. Yeah, I signed up to Yougov and Panelbase because I was interested in politics. Couldn't care less about the ones where I have to say which kind of vacuum cleaner or fabric softener I've heard of (but I fill them in anyway). Come to think of it, why are either side even listening to the polls at all for this campaign?