Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Which is why they need to be confident that their vetting techniques are reliable. I quite often take part on opinion polls for both yougov and panelbase. They start off with questions about your demographic, before deciding whether or not you are allowed to take part in the poll itself

yeah, though sometimes they just can't get the numbers and end up upweighting/downweighting dramatically. It's just part of the trade really.

Yes, but when their demographics are off they don't highlight why a particular poll might be a bit misleading, last nights was a joke, 17-34,Glasgow,Fife, South/West, SNP, Other and Did Not Vote in 2011 were all up/down weighted to ridiculous amounts.

Proof?

And that's a strange idea of independence.

What was the relevance of you mentioning Hong Kong?

Because they don't seem to be inconvenienced by pegging to the dollar, people appear to be suggesting that iScotland would be required to have the same fiscal policies as rUK with a CU or pegging to the £,there are examples all over the world that prove that that's bollocks, all it does is provide any Scottish Government with parameters to work with, I think we'd survive pegging comfortably while we're in transition.

Exactly. We will use the pound without any say in how it's run. We will surrender our currency and economy controls to a government where we are not represented. We will become more dependent on Westminster than we are at the moment.

Wonder why Salmond didn't just say that? Because he's too ashamed to admit it, would be my guess.

How much of a say do we have on it now?

Because they don't seem to be inconvenienced by pegging to the dollar, people appear to be suggesting that iScotland would be required to have the same fiscal policies as rUK with a CU or pegging to the £,there are examples all over the world that prove that that's bollocks, all it does is provide any Scottish Government with parameters to work with, I think we'd survive pegging comfortably while we're in transition.

There's a difference between using an existing currency and pegging a new currency against that existing currency.

People in Scotland want the Pound. That's why it's such an issue.

There's a difference between using an existing currency and pegging a new currency against that existing currency.

People in Scotland want the Pound. That's why it's such an issue.

Scotland will have the £, I've not heard Salmond & Co say they'll use anything else.

Scotland will have the £, I've not heard Salmond & Co say they'll use anything else.

Scotland would be better off with it's own currency if the country became independent, rather than using a currency which it would have no control of. It makes more sense, but it would also be unstable and would increase trade costs.

Point being any alternative plan is worse for Scotland than remaining within a currency union, which can only be achieved by voting No.

Hence Salmond's refusal to argue for anything other than the currency union, even though it's a complete non-starter.

A clear flaw in the argument for independence and one of the main reasons why Salmond lost that debate yesterday.

Scotland would be better off with it's own currency if the country became independent, rather than using a currency which it would have no control of. It makes more sense, but it would also be unstable and would increase trade costs.

Point being any alternative plan is worse for Scotland than remaining within a currency union, which can only be achieved by voting No.

Hence Salmond's refusal to argue for anything other than the currency union, even though it's a complete non-starter.

A clear flaw in the argument for independence and one of the main reasons why Salmond lost that debate yesterday.

I must have watched the wrong debate, a poor nil nil where you go home wondering why neither side had a go.

So because we've been told we that the rUK will cut off its nose to spite its face - we have to give in and just get on with the status quo?

I know that after last night there are a lot of disappointed and disillusioned Yes voters. Salmond did not perform well. But its almost strengthened my resolve to do everything in my power to achieve a Yes vote. There are plenty of people out there who can still be persuaded - the arguments are all in our favour - but Salmond and his team got bogged down in the nuances of the debate itself.

This is not over yet - not by a long way.

So because we've been told we that the rUK will cut off its nose to spite its face - we have to give in and just get on with the status quo?

I know that after last night there are a lot of disappointed and disillusioned Yes voters. Salmond did not perform well. But its almost strengthened my resolve to do everything in my power to achieve a Yes vote. There are plenty of people out there who can still be persuaded - the arguments are all in our favour - but Salmond and his team got bogged down in the nuances of the debate itself.

That's the disappointing part for me, I can watch debates between relative nobodies and see YES shredding NO on the things that really matter, thank fcuk we've got thousands out turning heads on a daily basis.

1) So because we've been told we that the rUK will cut off its nose to spite its face - we have to give in and just get on with the status quo?

2) I know that after last night there are a lot of disappointed and disillusioned Yes voters. Salmond did not perform well. But its almost strengthened my resolve to do everything in my power to achieve a Yes vote. There are plenty of people out there who can still be persuaded - the arguments are all in our favour - but Salmond and his team got bogged down in the nuances of the debate itself.

1) Rejecting a currency union is the most sensible decision for the UK. Full control of the currency is far more important than saving what is a small amount of money in trade costs from Scotland. There's absolutely no way the UK would be daft enough to agree to that.

2) I must say, Salmond does really well in First Ministers Questions so it really surprised me how woeful he was yesterday. It was the Yes campaigns biggest platform yet and it was an absolute failure. I was worried he'd win easily and Yes would get a real boost but it just never happened.

Scotland would be better off with it's own currency if the country became independent, rather than using a currency which it would have no control

What control so we have right now?

Also, it would be madness for the Scottish Government to account a new currency on day 1

Moodys already stated that CU was the single option available to Scotland that would actually impact negatively on the rUK credit rating. Why would they want to do that? The transaction costs drivel being peddled by Salmond of a staggering 500mn is actually less than the two Manchester football clubs dish out in wages each season. In an economy of well over a trillion sheets it is laughably tiny.

As for it not being over? Its been over for a couple of years now. As has been said all along, managing the size of the defeat is the most important thing. There's absolutely no chance yes will win. None.

1) Rejecting a currency union is the most sensible decision for the UK. Full control of the currency is far more important than saving what is a small amount of money in trade costs from Scotland. There's absolutely no way the UK would be daft enough to agree to that.

2) I must say, Salmond does really well in First Ministers Questions so it really surprised me how woeful he was yesterday. It was the Yes campaigns biggest platform yet and it was an absolute failure. I was worried he'd win easily and Yes would get a real boost but it just never happened.

To be fair, though, Alistair Darling is easily the most competent opponent to take on Alex Salmond in a long time. Johann Lamont is just a nippy sweetie, Willie Rennie isn't too bad but comes from a no hoper party, and Ruth Davidson's Scottish Tories are too busy brown nosing the SNP to provide any kind of opposition.

Put it this way, the vast majority of the best Labour politicians that are Scottish are representing Scottish seats at Westminster, most of the next tier after that lost their Holyrood seats in 2011, meaning that the C team got in on the list. If Labour would send even a couple of the first team up to Edinburgh then Alex Salmond's career would be all but over.