Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

I don't really understand this chat about the roof. It used to be a 3 storey tenement so it has three roofs is what they say. But it's only one floor so how does that work?

I think a lot of the problem with the roof was down to soundproofing.

I think the 3 storey part was to explain that the walls were very thick.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can add their tuppence worth.

I think a lot of the problem with the roof was down to soundproofing.

I think the 3 storey part was to explain that the walls were very thick.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can add their tuppence worth.

I watched an interview with a senior Fireman who went into a bit of detail about the roof - something about the original floor from the first story building being left in place with the 'new' roof being added above it !

I'm on my phone which puts me off Googling it though.

I watched an interview with a senior Fireman who went into a bit of detail about the roof - something about the original floor from the first story building being left in place with the 'new' roof being added above it !

I'm on my phone which puts me off Googling it though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25190050

It mentions that it used to be a or 4 story high building so the walls are a bout a meter thick instead of about 9 inch witch is normal. The roof is made up of 3 layers.

From Chortle:

Glasgow’s comedians are to stage a charity show to help those affected by Friday’s helicopter crash at The Clutha bar.

The pub has links with the comedy circuit: Billy Connolly occasionally visited music gigs there, and the venue recently held open mic sessions on a Wednesday night.

Local comics including Des McLean, Des Clarke, Janey Godley and ‘two famous Glasgow funnymen’ are among those on the bill of the benefit, which will take place on Sunday December 22 at the O2 Academy.

Organiser Alan Anderson said: ‘The comics wanted to do something tangible to help, and bring back a smile to Clydeside.’

The show will raise money for for the survivors, families of victims and the rescue services who attended Friday's crash. The tragic accident claimed nine lives, the three people in the helicopter and six drinkers in the pub.

The bill also includes Gary Little, Mark Nelson, Susie McCabe, Bruce Morton, Stu Who, Scott Agnew, Billy Kirkwood, Ashley Storrie and The Wee Man, plus music from Tom Urie, best known as Big Bob in the BBC Scotland soap opera River City.

Tickets will be on sale on Thursday.

So is 9 deaths the final total? Is everyone that was in the pub accounted for one way or the other?

Looks that way they have came out and said that they have removed all the bodies. By the looks of it the number will now only rise if any of the ones in hospital die of there injuries witch hopefully won't happen. Also the helicopter has arrived at the AAIB for there investigation to start on it.

The Prince of Wales is preparing to meet some of the emergency workers who were involved in the Glasgow helicopter crash operation.

Prince Charles is to visit the city on Friday, a week after the police helicopter crashed onto the Clutha bar.

Nine people died - the aircraft's crew of three and six people attending a music gig at the pub.

The prince, whose Scottish title is the Duke of Rothesay, will sign a book of condolence at Glasgow City Chambers.

A short statement on the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's website said: "The Duke of Rothesay will visit Glasgow to meet emergency service personnel and others involved in the response to the helicopter crash in Glasgow city centre last Friday.

"His Royal Highness will also sign the Book of Condolence at the City Chambers."

_71497668_cluthat_shaw.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25248272

Edited by CambCelt

Looks like the funerals have started.

Is it just me who thinks the police honour guard and motorcycle outriders were out of order at the pilot's funeral?

The lack of a mayday call means it was almost certainly pilot error, so why does the public foot the bill?

Is it just me who thinks the police honour guard and motorcycle outriders were out of order at the pilot's funeral?

The lack of a mayday call means it was almost certainly pilot error, so why does the public foot the bill?

9rh7pd.jpg

How do you work that out?

That is actually a piss poor post.

Says P&Bs resident air accident investigator. Fucking moron.

Reports claim the chopper was plummeting and in a spin, are you gonna be able to raise a mayday during that?