Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Guest The Phoenix

It is speculation on my part, yes.

WE just don't know.

So bearing that in mind, why should we treat him like a hero when he could be the villain?

Why does the taxpayer foot the bill just because the pilot was in uniform?

Who said he was being treated like a hero?

Standard practice I'd have thought for someone either serving in the police or serving alongside the police and killed in the course of duty.

Because you havent backed it up with one shred of credible evidence

Which facts are you disputing?

It was widely reported he didn't give a mayday. The manufacturer says it used HOTAS. This suggests massively that the pilot did something wrong.

I do have a relevant degree, pilots experience and the literary skills to understand that when I said it was almost certainly pilot error I was being completely accurate.

Bullshit! Anyone who truly was experienced and had any knowledge would be keeping their opinions to themselves, not spouting pure idiotic speculation on a public forum!

Maybe he was busy isolating the fuel, or trying to restart the engines, during the few seconds of plumeting to the ground? What would've been the point of a mayday when he wasn't out at sea and in the centre of a city? Why do you resent cops turning up to a colleague's funeral?

Who said he was being treated like a hero?

Standard practice I'd have thought for someone either serving in the police or serving alongside the police and killed in the course of duty.

He got a public funded honour guard, paid for by you and me.

I'd call that being treated like a hero.

You are right, it is standard practice, something I think is well out of order. Particularly in cases where the officer in question is under investigation because he might be responsible for killing a few people.

If it had been a police driver who crashed into a pub, he wouldn't get anywhere near the benefit of the doubt that this pilot has.

So, to try and clarify:

-I think it was likely pilot error but clearly we need the full investigation to find out.

-I don't think cops should automatically get taxpayer subsidised funerals unless they actually died heroically in the line of duty.

-Combine the last 2 points and I don't think this copper should have got the fancy funeral 'cos I have no idea whether he deserved it or not.

Now people can complain about me saying this and call me names etc but not a single person has managed to give any reason whatsoever why these three things aren't perfectly valid points.

What would've been the point of a mayday when he wasn't out at sea and in the centre of a city?

A mayday is mandatory. It gets the emergency response going quickly incase you survive or there are other people on the ground who get hurt from the crash and to inform the authorities what the giant bang in the middle of the city was so they are not putting people on alert for a bomb.

Bullshit! Anyone who truly was experienced and had any knowledge would be keeping their opinions to themselves, not spouting pure idiotic speculation on a public forum!

IF my speculation is based on facts, and my only conclusion is to say what I think the most probably explanation is then why would you describe it as idiotic?

Guest The Phoenix

You are right, it is standard practice, something I think is well out of order. Particularly in cases where the officer in question is under investigation because he might be responsible for killing a few people.

If it had been a police driver who crashed into a pub, he wouldn't get anywhere near the benefit of the doubt that this pilot has.

So, to try and clarify:

-I think it was likely pilot error but clearly we need the full investigation to find out.

-I don't think cops should automatically get taxpayer subsidised funerals unless they actually died heroically in the line of duty.

-Combine the last 2 points and I don't think this copper should have got the fancy funeral 'cos I have no idea whether he deserved it or not.

Now people can complain about me saying this and call me names etc but not a single person has managed to give any reason whatsoever why these three things aren't perfectly valid points.

He wasn't a copper.

I'm not complaining about you.

I'm not calling you names.

There's no need for me to respond giving valid reasons, I simply disagree with you.

What kind of pilot error :rolleyes: "oh that pub looks like a helipad let me crash into it"?

Mechanical failure is far far more likely with many people leaning strongly towards tail rotor failure of some kind.

A mayday is mandatory. It gets the emergency response going quickly incase you survive or there are other people on the ground who get hurt from the crash and to inform the authorities what the giant bang in the middle of the city was so they are not putting people on alert for a bomb.

Given time, yes. But in this case there were more crucial things to attend to in the few available seconds.

Guest The Phoenix

Knowing something about the subject I'm discussing makes me a moron?

Are you sure you're from falkirk and not Airdrie?

The prosecution rests.

Maybe he was busy isolating the fuel, or trying to restart the engines, during the few seconds of plumeting to the ground? What would've been the point of a mayday when he wasn't out at sea and in the centre of a city? Why do you resent cops turning up to a colleague's funeral?

I don't resent cops turning up to a colleagues funeral.

I resent the taxpayer funding the outriders and honour guard.

So, to try and clarify:

Nothing to do with the fact he is not a police officer but a civilian pilot,so that is a fact you missed you twat.Also a poster on here had a member of his wife's family sadly die in the incident so your stupid coments don't help.

He wasn't a copper.

I'm not complaining about you.

I'm not calling you names.

There's no need for me to respond giving valid reasons, I simply disagree with you.

There are plenty of people on this thread who are calling me names because they are too dumb to discuss the subject rationally. Surely you can see that?

Guest The Phoenix

There are plenty of people on this thread who are calling me names because they are too dumb to discuss the subject rationally. Surely you can see that?

Indeed, however I speak for myself not others.

I don't resent cops turning up to a colleagues funeral.

I resent the taxpayer funding the outriders and honour guard.

What was the extra cost? Do you think they put in for overtime for attending a colleague's funeral?

Nothing to do with the fact he is not a police officer but a civilian pilot,so that is a fact you missed you twat.Also a poster on here had a member of his wife's family sadly die in the incident so your stupid coments don't help.

So he was a civillian that got a taxpayer funded funeral? That further justifies my point.

AS for your ire: All I've done is say the guy didn't deserve a taxpayer funded funeral until we know what actually happened. Compare that to Nicola Sturgeon who turned up at his funeral as a publicity stunt.