The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

On the country allocation. It will be allocated to mirror the actual World Cup (for ease really) but if you have a specific request the actual competing country will be replaced by the requested country.
Sealand won the world egg throwing championship in 2008 so they qualify. Once I get the groups up, if anyone who wishes to replace their country with some shite please let me know.

On the country allocation. It will be allocated to mirror the actual World Cup (for ease really) but if you have a specific request the actual competing country will be replaced by the requested country.
Sealand won the world egg throwing championship in 2008 so they qualify. Once I get the groups up, if anyone who wishes to replace their country with some shite please let me know.
Some shite? Right then, I'll have Scotland!

Some shite? Right then, I'll have Scotland!

I’ll ignore that, truthful, slight but Scotland may or may not have been team 33 when I thought there was 33 entrants.

8 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I just hit a button for that one and have forgotten her already. Would probably score seven today.

Beer o'clock soon.

For the Oz questions, I've been hitting 2 every time but now that there can be 3 of them in a quiz, I thing I'm going to have to be a bit more subtle and hit 1,2 and then 3.  

Wine o'clock was about 3 glasses ago.

Right, can't really post any league tables cos there are still 12 hours left to run. But  @SlipperyP ... here are the play-off teams, assuming MSU and Sevesnape don't post any scores ... It's Kincardine vs Jesus Bully Wee Villa (that's not his new title, that's me expressing surprise that BWV is in the Premiership play-off) and Ross vs Ziggy ... 

Oh. And one team has picked up their first ever medal. Team name tantalisingly withheld for now. 

On 5/31/2018 at 18:16, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I hate Quentin Bryce - 9/10.

On 5/31/2018 at 19:26, Tynieness said:

8 .  f**k u Quentin Bryce and Random Aussie Reality bint.

I was astonished to find that Quentin Bryce is actually a bird who certainly qualifies for the Strumpets of Yore thread.  Not so sure about the green flowerpot on her head but this popped up on my Youtube list:

I was astonished to find that Quentin Bryce is actually a bird who certainly qualifies for the Strumpets of Yore thread.  Not so sure about the green flowerpot on her head but this popped up on my Youtube list:

---

She's the mother-in-law of Bill Shorten, leader of the opposition in Federal Parliament and also head of the ALP (Australian Labor Party and that's not a spelling mistake)

Edited by Eednud

13 minutes ago, Eednud said:

She's the mother-in-law of Bill Shorten, leader of the opposition in Federal Parliament and also head of the ALP (Australian Labor Party and that's not a spelling mistake)

Thanks, bud.  Which is her favourite Japanese island?

22 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Much as I like you and enjoy Monty Python you are only my 3rd favourite Australian after Craig Moore and, of course, Ozzyman.  I'll leave it to the court of Quizzing opinion if your video can hold a candle to this gem:

Edited by The_Kincardine

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right, can't really post any league tables cos there are still 12 hours left to run. But  @SlipperyP ... here are the play-off teams, assuming MSU and Sevesnape don't post any scores ... It's Kincardine vs Jesus Bully Wee Villa (that's not his new title, that's me expressing surprise that BWV is in the Premiership play-off) and Ross vs Ziggy ... 

Oh. And one team has picked up their first ever medal. Team name tantalisingly withheld for now. 

Thank you @Cardinal Richelieu a full week has passed, it feels like a month.

Ok welcome everyone to this weekend playoffs.

On the hot seats

@Aidan v @Bully Wee Villa

&

@Ross. v  @wastecoatwilly

Babies, how many  registered births in Scotland 2017.

Good luck, amswers by PM no later than 06:00 Monday Thai Time

Edited by SlipperyP

Woooooh. MSU's 11th hour grab has changed everything. It is @Aidan vs @Bully Wee Villa ... through no fault of his own, Kincardine is now relegated. 

Edit, I've fucked up the other play off as well. What a riddy and a diddy. It's @wastecoatwilly vs @Ross.

League tables to follow. What a mess.  

Sorry @SlipperyP

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Sorry about the mix up everyone. Still, nobody lost a limb so that can be considered a success. Let's do the league tables in reverse since they are Australian after all. 

LincolnHearts has scooped his first ever medal in the P+B quiz league in the SWL. They'll be dancing on the streets of Lincoln and Heart of Midlothian tonight. But LOOK how close it was for 2nd place ... Not 1, not 2, not 3 but FOUR (FOUR) teams tied on 29 points.  Our old friend, QD, has decreed that up goes ArmadaleKillie, and wasteco

3-beazer.png.b3d4252a01419587dbb47af3b49d0609.png

Tynieness returns to the comforting bosom of the Premiership, with Leeds Saint. BWV is actually in the play-offs. Down below, down goes German Jag and play-off administrator Slippery P ... Ross is indeed in the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.4e1f85b8ddd62f3c303df7e303563b9b.png

And AFJ is the top dog, edging out Alang1993. Down goes NJ2 - the World Cup organiser (proving it's difficult to participate and organise stuff as well) along with The_Kincardine ... Aidan is in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.6a98ee41dfee0233e58bcfffc4684bcf.png

What an absolute clusterfuck that was. Sorry guys. 

33/25* for Joe, far and away my best score. Guessometer was on fire, did remarkably well on The Muppetts' section. :)

ETA: That should read 22/25 :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda
Got over excited with my score and hit the wrong numbers