The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

9 for the repeat quiz, how can I not manage a 10 when I can remember most of the bloody answers!

Anyway, more important matters........the cup.
There will be no fancy group stages or Ryder cup style teams. Just pure naked oiled up 1 v 1 death matches.
There will be a home and away tie for each match, best aggregate score will go through. Draw will be made and posted tomorrow with links to the 1st round of quizzes.
Anyone knocked out in round 1 will be dumped into the losers bracket to compete for the losers shield while all winning teams from rd 1 will continue on to compete for the champions cup. Sponsorship will be available for both winners and losers brackets so anyone wishing to sponsor either tournament get your bids in.

I don’t know the expected duration of the cup but if you can drag the arse out it or delay the start so the final is Halloween? Would allow for spooktacular cup names. Etc etc.

Ok well before his eminence post a final league tables and confines me to the dreggs of the quizzing society, it's time for the 1st round of the (still to be sponsored) P&B cup. The draw was made about 5 minutes ago under the watchful eye of a very experienced and independent adjudicator (my 9 month old daughter). The 1st round will include everyone in a 2 legged tie (there will be 3 ties with 3 teams). The winners of each tie will progress to the champions cup with the losers progressing to the highly prestigious losers shield (in the ties with 3 teams only 1 will progress to the champions cup, no losers allowed). In the event of a draw there will be a tie break question to determine the winner. Anyway I'm sure you are all wanting to know the draw.

Goober Bud v Leeds Saint
Ross. V SlipperyP
Welshbairn v German Jag
Ziggy v Dublin Magyar
Peasy23 v Dweezboy
AFJ v JamesP_81
Edmund v Wastecoatwilly
Cardinal Richelieu v gkneil
BWV v Caspian Chris
Helpma v The DA
Christophe v BigBo10
Jacksgrsnda v Scotfree
MSU v Alang1993
Adam101 v Lincoln Hearts v dyl
BIK v The Captain v Cowden0
Tynierose v Salvo Montalbano v NJ2

Links to the quizzes below. Geography and sport are your 2 categories in round 1.
PM your answers by 7pm Scottish time Monday.

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1810191438465298&lnk&

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1810191507505610&lnk&

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Ok well before his eminence post a final league tables and confines me to the dreggs of the quizzing society, it's time for the 1st round of the (still to be sponsored) P&B cup. The draw was made about 5 minutes ago under the watchful eye of a very experienced and independent adjudicator (my 9 month old daughter). The 1st round will include everyone in a 2 legged tie (there will be 3 ties with 3 teams). The winners of each tie will progress to the champions cup with the losers progressing to the highly prestigious losers shield (in the ties with 3 teams only 1 will progress to the champions cup, no losers allowed). In the event of a draw there will be a tie break question to determine the winner. Anyway I'm sure you are all wanting to know the draw.

Goober Bud v Leeds Saint
Ross. V SlipperyP
Welshbairn v German Jag
Ziggy v Dublin Magyar
Peasy23 v Dweezboy
AFJ v JamesP_81
Edmund v Wastecoatwilly
Cardinal Richelieu v gkneil
BWV v Caspian Chris
Helpma v The DA
Christophe v BigBo10
Jacksgrsnda v Scotfree
MSU v Alang1993
Adam101 v Lincoln Hearts v dyl
BIK v The Captain v Cowden0
Tynierose v Salvo Montalbano v NJ2

Links to the quizzes below. Geography and sport are your 2 categories in round 1.

90% and 70%.  The power of alcohol - Claret to be precise.  Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 2014 to be anally precise.

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Edmund v Wastecoatwilly

Both of us scored the exact same so what happens now? Penalty shoot-out? play-off at a neutral venue? Toss of a coin? E comes before W? 

8 hours ago, The DA said:

90% and 70%.  The power of alcohol - Claret to be precise.  Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 2014 to be anally precise.

In the interests of sporting integrity, I'm holding off taking the quiz until I've got a nice Merlot in my glass.  Or at least  a cheap one.

13 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Jacksgrsnda v Scotfree

Scotfree will be hoping this guy is as bad at quizzing as Jacksgranda...

Think we need to drug test Edmund. The guy wins f**k all for his first 3 years in the league, then we wins 3 Premiershits in the space of the weeks. Seriously though - well done. Christophe completes his medal haul. Down below, Salvo's late salvo sees his narrowly avoid the play-offs on BNQD. JamesP and alang1993 are down (who'd have thought you could get relegated with a 10 - shouldn't be allowed). AFJ is in the play-affs. 

image.png.7b76831caaf8ece8eea9f7b7fae400af.png

Leeds Saint's double tenner means he's cock of the walk on the SWL. I still get promoted though, so I'm sanguine. German Jag is in the play-offs ... can't believe a team that has always been in the upper echelons of the league has never won f**k all. I might award him a sympathy medal next season if he doesn't achieve anything. 

Down below, Welshbairn is AWOL, BWV should have his modding badges removed for that egregious performance and Ziggy is int he play-offs. 

image.png.45b4d88fd9d8c074dae74f3259d428eb.png

And in the bucket & spade league, poor old BigBo10 and Wastecoatwilly's dreams of bronzeware are cruelly dashed by Tynieroses' last minute flurry of scores. I'm pretty sure he was campaigning for that sort of behaviour to be outlawed recently. Any BB10 is up and WCW is in the play-offs. 

image.png.77d25448b11256f6d28d4e0ba5229321.png 

At the other end, I fear we're not going to see Cowden0 and Dyl again. Hope they are both well 

All I need to do now is hand over to @SlipperyP for your play-off question. 

Oh, and work out what the cup competition. Not quite sure how it all works - maybe that's one of the questions.