The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Tynienrose, The Captain and I are heading through to the Voodoo Lounge in Edinburgh on Wed 6th March to participate in their pub quiz ... we've not been before but it's run by Frankie S (ex of this thread) but we need a 4th to guarantee victory (4 is the maximum). Not sure what the quiz is like, although I'm pretty sure questions on Aussie reality TV stars will be thin on the ground. Anyone fancy joining us? If nothing else, you'll get to attend Tynierose's masterclass in avoiding a round. 

40 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Tynienrose, The Captain and I are heading through to the Voodoo Lounge in Edinburgh on Wed 6th March to participate in their pub quiz ... we've not been before but it's run by Frankie S (ex of this thread) but we need a 4th to guarantee victory (4 is the maximum). Not sure what the quiz is like, although I'm pretty sure questions on Aussie reality TV stars will be thin on the ground. Anyone fancy joining us? If nothing else, you'll get to attend Tynierose's masterclass in avoiding a round. 

One of the consistent daily high scorers must be interested in this.

15 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

The likes of MSU and Christophe are based in the Motherland aren’t they. Sure they would be up for it.

I'd totally be up for it, but I'm in Michigan.

I could potentially tie this in with a trip to Fife. It’d mean having to spend time in Fife which isn’t ideal but if you’re still struggling for a 4th member in a couple weeks let me know. I would also recommend trying to rope in someone smarter than myself but I’m going through a bit a “glory years” in the quiz at the moment - potentially 3 season stay in the top flight for the first time ever I think.

Knowing my place, I won’t have my shifts for that week until about a fortnight before. But if you’re still short by then and I’m off then I’m up for it. Don’t save a space though. 

Edited by Christophe

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The fear of being used as a pin cushion with better Quiz masters feeling the pain would rule me out.

Cool .. so far we have 2 maybes and 1 person volunteering other people. 

While the teams have a maximum of 4, there is no reason why we couldn't have 2 teams. Or 3. Or maybe - in the unlikely event that all 40 teams turned up - 10 teams. But we'll be able to sort something out so let me know if you're interested. It could be like the famous P+B sub crawl except with less drinking out of puddles and more questions about the Italian renaissance and major ports on the Zambezi river. 

And while I'm here. Here are the leagues ... I've definitely made some mistakes so let me know if I've missed you / got a score wrong. 

image.thumb.png.2f906f9c40378309211dc70032286a71.png

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

While the teams have a maximum of 4, there is no reason why we couldn't have 2 teams. Or 3. Or maybe - in the unlikely event that all 40 teams turned up - 10 teams. But we'll be able to sort something out so let me know if you're interested. It could be like the famous P+B sub crawl except with less drinking out of puddles and more questions about the Italian renaissance and major ports on the Zambezi river. 

And while I'm here. Here are the leagues ... I've definitely made some mistakes so let me know if I've missed you / got a score wrong. 

I posted an 8 for Thursday 

53 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

22 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Sake G_Man, this season goes from bad to worse. 

4/10 for Thursday for me. More misplaced optimism when I submitted my answers. 

No wonder I abandoned this thread first time round after getting ignored like this.

Absolutely nothing to do with consistently finishing in the lower reaches of the diddy league. 

6 /10 for Friday.. This week has been a mixed bag of underachievement, disappointment, lack of application and an over reliance on alcoholic beverages. Look forward to joining those two quiz Moderator superstars in the voodoo lounge and if I'm really lucky I'll get to hold the kitty and provide a bespoke butler service to The Cardinal and Tynieness. Tynieness is highly allergic to getting either the first or last round in and is tighter than two coats of paint.