FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

I'm sure Falkirk's turn in the top division will come again sometime soon, it just needs to click with the right manager and a group of players. Lets say if we can do it.....

We had the right manager.

He's at you now. He also relegated the ICT hero

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had the right manager.

He's at you now. He also relegated the ICT hero

Nah, the damage was done in the first half of the season. But at the cut Butcher made mistakes, certainly made up for it since then.

I would certainly say Falkirk are a bigger club than Inverness CT, but never had the right blend to bounce back after relegation like we had with Butcher and his choice of players. Funny thing is by September during that season in the 1st people on this forum were talking about relegation to the 3rd tier, funny how that played out.

Agree with many - given the amount of out of work managers who would be desperate to get back into a job, it was a weird appointment (looking in from the outside).

Based on previous evidence, ICT fans should really start panicking once he starts talking about players "giving him a shift" and (my personal favourite from radio interviews when he was with Falkirk and Hibs) "bringing their working tools" :lol:

Agree with many - given the amount of out of work managers who would be desperate to get back into a job, it was a weird appointment (looking in from the outside).

Based on previous evidence, ICT fans should really start panicking once he starts talking about players "giving him a shift" and (my personal favourite from radio interviews when he was with Falkirk and Hibs) "bringing their working tools" :lol:

Weve allready had "guid hard working peepul frae a guid hard working town" Total clown.

I feel like we own it we cant stop winning it  :lol:

you have never won it.. No one has. It's in its first season.

Claiming deadco's history is one thing, claiming the future?? Mental

I've some sympathy with him at the moment in as much as he couldn't really change things much as we were going well, even in the weeks without a manager. We've lost Foran too which never bodes well too.

However, if he has any clue whatsoever he will realise that he needs to drop Tremarco, who has been excellent, and reinstate Shinnie at left back and Raven on the right if we're to start getting back to the fluid attacking play that has been missing for a while.

But there are certain supporters who are unhappy with this appointment just like when Terry and Mo joined, same people that never go to away games and always boo and criticise the team at home games when we were top of the league because we didn't over run teams in the first 5 minutes of a match.

Quite a bizarre statement. What weight does this give to your argument? It sounds as if you are saying that ICT fans who don't go to away games shouldn't be able to form an opinion on a managerial appointment. Maybe I have picked it up wrong but I don't understand why ICT fans should have to think that appinting Hughes is a good decision.

Regarding Butcher and Malpas, the sizeable majority of ICT fans were in support of this decision. What caused some concern was the possibility of one of them only being appointed and you need only to look at their track record as individual managers to see that concern was broadly justified.

Different name same sh-te me old son, you know one of those things you will never even get a sniff at :lol:

and will the cloned rangers actually make the SPFL premiership before they die ?

i'd rather have my team still playing and existing than have them outspend everyone with money they didnt have and go to the wall.

least you lot have shown you learned your lesson and havent gone over board with the money to win a league...

Quite enjoying the Falkirk fans trying to assure ICT fans that everything will be alright. It won't. Yogi is a fucking clown. I love him.

His record for a "clown" up here isn't bad.

He got the highest Hibs finish in years and Falkirk top twice with 5 years consecutive in the top league (a record). Glad you know better though.

His record for a "clown" up here isn't bad.

He got the highest Hibs finish in years and Falkirk top twice with 5 years consecutive in the top league (a record). Glad you know better though.

Did a decent job at Falkirk and started well at Hibs. It's been all shite since then.

Archived