FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

See I seem to remember it was us who were not looking too safe.

We picked up a lot of points after the split that saved our ass.

Were you guys routed under Brewster?

Was it that season you won at Ibrox and Weir walked wi a last min penalty?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See I seem to remember it was us who were not looking too safe.

We picked up a lot of points after the split that saved our ass.

Were you guys routed under Brewster?

Was it that season you won at Ibrox and Weir walked wi a last min penalty?

Yup Ian black scored it.

Think you are referring to the shoes off if you hate Brewster protest. http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/10717-the-shoe-protest/# at the turn of 08/09 season, it was speculated that he was looking into signing Calum Elliot at the time as well.

9 points I think it is. Two wins and three draws. You've only scored 8 goals in the 9 games hes managed aswell, and 5 of those were in his first three games. The last four games Butcher managed saw you score 9 :lol:

What a disastrous appointment this looks, it was so obvious it would be aswell

I agree. Awful performance yesterday, made worse after reading this article - http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/spiers-on-saturday-hartley-followed-his-own-path-on-his-way-out-of-alloa.23265587?_=e72a32b81af08da32dc6250f14ff025ff99ee615

• 1 month later...

Keeper to the full back, to the centre half, back to the full back (opposition cotton on to what's happening), across to the other full back, then perhaps a deep lying midfielder takes the ball for no apparent reason, then back to the full back, who squares it to the centre half again who then lumps it fifty yards up the park.

Nearly paid off against Abderdeen on Sunday.

So far so classic Hughes. Nice passes along the back of defence before eventually launching a hopeful ball forward in the general direction of the striker. It's becoming very hard to watch. To be fair on Sunday a lot of players had been playing a lot recently but with Aberdeen missing two of their most dangerous players it was still disheartening to see us create so little.

So far so classic Hughes. Nice passes along the back of defence before eventually launching a hopeful ball forward in the general direction of the striker. It's becoming very hard to watch.

Very few in the media will agree with you. This was classic John Hughes at Falkirk, where he won frequent plaudits for his silky entertaining soccer

Could not believe his tactics in the Final,Christ it was a Final just go for it,(hit on break :thumbsdown ) It was Aberdeen nae chelsea you were playing.

Nearly worked i suppose, but in hindsight would have made for a better Final .

To be fair to Hughes we've come off a quite incredible run of games recently so perhaps we did have to play somewhat more conservatively but regardless, the nice tippy tappy stuff from Meekings to Shinnie and back before punting it up the park is not fun to watch and I can't imagine Mckay is enjoying chasing all these aimless balls forward.

To be fair to Hughes we've come off a quite incredible run of games recently so perhaps we did have to play somewhat more conservatively but regardless, the nice tippy tappy stuff from Meekings to Shinnie and back before punting it up the park is not fun to watch and I can't imagine Mckay is enjoying chasing all these aimless balls forward.

Gone are the days when Aaron Doran was one of the top three players in the league for assists. :(

Archived