George Galloway

Barrfields_Largs

Heard of a few folk getting barred off his twitter. Most of them very polite and looking to debate.

Although one guy apparently posted "miaow. ya c*nt." in response to one of Galloways wee anti indy rants :)

Maybe not so polite.

But accurate.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked George, still got a lot of time for him in many respects but I can't wait to see how he responds after we go Indy? Surely he'll accept the will of the people?

Grimbo

George Galloway is a reprehensible scummy human being who has only his own interests at heart, so expect George to do what's best for him post-indy, whatever that will be.

f**k all? really?

F*ck all that hasn't been achieved more easily and effectively by the working classes in other nearby independent states, without them needing a Union of Parliaments to achieve it.

The solidarity only seems to flow one way anyway.

F*ck all that hasn't been achieved more easily and effectively by the working classes in other nearby independent states, without them needing a Union of Parliaments to achieve it.

The solidarity only seems to flow one way anyway.

I would say f**k all in the last 40 or so years.

That's a long time by anyone's standards. Before that the Labour movement across Britain was arguably very successful.

Galloway is massively, massively self interested and self centred. At the end he is interested only in himself, and has the power of oratory and charisma to persuade successive generations of useful idiots with the historical persepctive of a lobster, to flock to his banner. Witness his recent Bradford election; two years after being elected in what he was pleased to call the "Bradford Spring", he was letting it be known that he was considering a tilt at the London mayorship. Oh, and the Bradford candidacy came after a gratifyingly humiliating failure to be elected to the Scottish parliament. This after losing a seat in East London which he had presided over like the absentee landlord of a remote Scottish island.

The guy is the very definition of a carpet bagger. Yes, he had a virtuoso performance in front of the US senate, yes, he has been a welcome thorn in the side of warmongers in government. But lets not pretend its for any loftier reason than GG's own self advancement and material wealth.

Quite why anyone sees him as anything more than a very gifted self-promoter is beyond me. Those genuinely believing that Galloway is some kind of ultra left messiah (let alone believes half the pish he spouts), in 2014, are worthy only of pity, really.

Galloway is massively, massively self interested and self centred. At the end he is interested only in himself, and has the power of oratory and charisma to persuade successive generations of useful idiots with the historical persepctive of a lobster, to flock to his banner. Witness his recent Bradford election; two years after being elected in what he was pleased to call the "Bradford Spring", he was letting it be known that he was considering a tilt at the London mayorship. Oh, and the Bradford candidacy came after a gratifyingly humiliating failure to be elected to the Scottish parliament. This after losing a seat in East London which he had presided over like the absentee landlord of a remote Scottish island.

The guy is the very definition of a carpet bagger. Yes, he had a virtuoso performance in front of the US senate, yes, he has been a welcome thorn in the side of warmongers in government. But lets not pretend its for any loftier reason than GG's own self advancement and material wealth.

Quite why anyone sees him as anything more than a very gifted self-promoter is beyond me. Those genuinely believing that Galloway is some kind of ultra left messiah (let alone believes half the pish he spouts), in 2014, are worthy only of pity, really.

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very misguided boy.

galloway2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Galloway seething again tonight

“@georgegalloway: The Weirs won the lottery; they didn't win the right to buy and sell Scotland!”

:lol: Aye, that's the job of our lords and masters (allegedly).

:lol: Aye, that's the job of our lords and masters (allegedly).

George likes to pretend he's some sort of hero to the working class when in reality he is a career politician.

I think it's safe to say the Weirs have more in common with your average working class Scot than George ever will.

If Galloway was supporting scottish independence this thread would not have happened!

Maybe

Then again he preaches independence for a lot of nations, is outspoken again the British state for it's actions in Ireland and Iraq

Yet tells Scots to vote no and warms Catholics independence would turn them into second class citizens

Some great Galloway stuff on youtube ..usually slaughtering stupid yanks or Zionists .

and a wonderful debate between him and Hitchens on middle east politics. ..Hitchens gets both barrels in the face at some points in it and is clearly seen to be flapping.

what ever you think of him he makes great viewing.

Some great Galloway stuff on youtube ..usually slaughtering stupid yanks or Zionists .

and a wonderful debate between him and Hitchens on middle east politics. ..Hitchens gets both barrels in the face at some points in it and is clearly seen to be flapping.

what ever you think of him he makes great viewing.

I think he's a c**t and I think he makes awful viewing.

He makes politics more interesting. He's the opposite of the toe-the-party-line modern politicians who blandly blend into the background and can't form an opinion for themselves.

Usually I agree with him, sometimes I don't.

He makes politics more interesting. He's the opposite of the toe-the-party-line modern politicians who blandly blend into the background and can't form an opinion for themselves.

Usually I agree with him, sometimes I don't.

:lol:

He's a rabble rousing demagogue who cares about absolutely nothing other than himself. The very worst kind of politician.

Archived