Which Junior Clubs Do You Think Wud Do Well In Sfl

Gary

Which Junior/HFL clubs do you think would be well suited in the Football League? Say for discussions sake the League was to expand and 5 or 6 Juior clubs would be brought in to make the lower three divisions have 12 teams, which 5 or 6 would you bring in to Div 3, and i would suggest base it on club size, fan base and prev success :)

I would look at Edinbro' City, Huntly, and Wick - Just to pee off away fans :P

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about Highland league teams,but there is some junior teams that get huge crowds each week.You look at Maryhill,Linlithgow Rose,Hill O Beth,Kilwinning Rangers,etc can pull huge crowds and would be an asset to the SFL.Surely league reconstruction underneath the 3rd would be a good idea.Split into 2 North and South leagues which would have all the best highland,south and junior teams in it.This would give Clydebank a chance of getting back into the Sfl!

Bellshill Athletic may be a good shout. Building a cracking new stadium, and have Tommy Coyne as manager.

Not to mention players like Rab McKinnon and Paul McGrillen, im sure they could do not bad at all in the SFL.

How many do Linlithgow get? Any Ideas, same goes for Maryhill, cant be many, i spent hours the other day trying to find a decent Maryhill site ahead of our friendly with them and there was naff all about.

I would say Dunbar United for selfish reasons. Its about time Berwick had an away game that wasnt over 80 miles away. I can just imagine, an early start in Berwick, then a 20 min train journey up the coast for a few more pints in Dunbar, then a hard fought derby match.

Well we need a derby, coz Gala f**kin Fairydeen are never gonna get into the league after all of their failed tries.

• 2 weeks later...

haven't you had enough already??

no disrespect to the stranraer fans, but i wish they were in the juniors because it's so bloody hard to get to(god knows how gary does it from liverpool!) it's amazing i can't just come across from newcastle somehow.

no disrespect to the stranraer fans, but i wish they were in the juniors because it's so bloody hard to get to(god knows how gary does it from liverpool!) it's amazing i can't just come across from newcastle somehow.

Having free train travel helps the cause :D

Well we need a derby, coz Gala f**kin Fairydeen are never gonna get into the league after all of their failed tries.

And long may that continue. That ground is a total toilet.

Nothing atall to do with them beating us in the Scottish Cup 2 years ago :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WELL-MADE

I would love to see Junior and Highland League sides getting includsed in a shake up of the leagues but I wouldn't make any league with 12 teams in it. It would be a minimum of 16 in 2 leagues (would even be happy with 18) playing each other twice 2 up 2 down and maybe even a play off between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th with the winner taking on the 3rd bottom team of each league.

Below this a conference style league based on the same promotion and relegation and all other leagues pyramided into this league

I would have a 16-team SPL, and two 16-team SFL divisions. The 6 teams I would welcome into the SFL are two Highland League teams, 2 West of Scotland teams, and one each from the South and East leagues. The leagues would be a simple play-each-other-twice, two up-two down format. Below the second SFL division would be a 'conference' league made up of 16 teams - 4 each from their respective leagues in Scotland.

I would say Dunbar United for selfish reasons. Its about time Berwick had an away game that wasnt over 80 miles away. I can just imagine, an early start in Berwick, then a 20 min train journey up the coast for a few more pints in Dunbar, then a hard fought derby match.

the dean have been robbed so may times, a mean being told it is you or clydebank which ever one wins gets in, the dean win 11-1(which remained clydebanks record defeat), then afterwards saying we will put it to a vote and hibs and hearts fearing they would lose thousands of supprters changed their vote :angry: the dean deserve to be in, and if they had been allowed in the 60 they would have been a first division size club

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I'm not sure about Highland league teams,but there is some junior teams that get huge crowds each week.You look at Maryhill,Linlithgow Rose,Hill O Beth,Kilwinning Rangers,etc can pull huge crowds and would be an asset to the SFL.Surely league reconstruction underneath the 3rd would be a good idea.Split into 2 North and South leagues which would have all the best highland,south and junior teams in it.This would give Clydebank a chance of getting back into the Sfl!

no offence mate but 3 teams you picked for pulling big crowds havent had big crowds since the late 90s only one you got right was lithgae!!.. this looks to me like a debate from senior fans who dont know enough about the juniors..

Archived