Fernando Ricksen Benefit game.

What's the cause?

I'm genuinely asking as I work in a centre that is working towards curing/slowing down MS/MND and I can advertise quite easily if I can.

If it's a benefit match for Ricksen's family or that fair play too I hope it sells out. Horrible disease to hit you at that time of life. Life expectancy is on the rise though.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zitelli, if I'm reading you right, you're suggesting the worthiness of the cause should outweigh the fact that the club in question has form on the matter.

It shouldn't no, but the comment was a sly dig, nothing more nothing less when this benfit game should be applauded as much as possible.

It was clear from the first line in the post this wasn't an official Rangers benefit match.

It shouldn't no, but the comment was a sly dig, nothing more nothing less when this benfit game should be applauded as much as possible.

It was clear from the first line in the post this wasn't an official Rangers benefit match.

It's clear that it's not officially attached to the club. What isn't clear (apart from the literacy issues of the original writer) is who is behind it. For better or worse, the words "charity" and "rangers" raise suspicion when used in proximity. I would recommend just donating direct: Unless you need to be seen to be doing good, and need to get something (entertainment,etc.) for your good deed, rather than see the whole lot go to the frontline.

What's the cause?

I'm genuinely asking as I work in a centre that is working towards curing/slowing down MS/MND and I can advertise quite easily if I can.

If it's a benefit match for Ricksen's family or that fair play too I hope it sells out. Horrible disease to hit you at that time of life. Life expectancy is on the rise though.

The game will sell out and i know they have been inundated with requests for tables at the dinner. Hopefully they have more dinners in the future. I will pm you more details when they become available.

For those having a dig. You really need to have a long hard look at yourselves ... there is a time and a place ffs.

The game will sell out and i know they have been inundated with requests for tables at the dinner. Hopefully they have more dinners in the future. I will pm you more details when they become available.

For those having a dig. You really need to have a long hard look at yourselves ... there is a time and a place ffs.

No.8, serious question - who is actually organising this?

Sound mate. All the best.

Cool. I do reckon they should have got someone to proofread the announcement, though. I hope they do well.

Even i thought it was poorly done BUT their hearts in the right place. It is a little churlish to bring up poor spelling .. grammar etc.

Even i thought it was poorly done BUT their hearts in the right place. It is a little churlish to bring up poor spelling .. grammar etc.

Not intended to be churlish - I just thought it looked extremely amateurish which, to be honest, could cast doubt on the authenticity of the appeal. I'm happy to accept that it is a gnuine enterprise, though. But the spelling, etc. was absolutely atrocious - even for P&B!

Surely the place is on this thread, No ?

Not intended to be churlish - I just thought it looked extremely amateurish which, to be honest, could cast doubt on the authenticity of the appeal. I'm happy to accept that it is a gnuine enterprise, though. But the spelling, etc. was absolutely atrocious - even for P&B!

Face palm. Your own spelling is atrocious. Gnuine enterprise indeed

Sweep sweep.

No, seriously. When discussing any charity game like this people have the right to discuss who's organising it and where the money will potentially go given what's happened before.

What's the cause?

This could be a whole GN thread on it's own, but what would folk prefer, raising a heap of cash to help one guy or giving it to the MND research charities to potentially help thousands in the future?

I ask as one of my colleagues was diagnosed with this last year and our work raised an incredible ~£20k which the woman requested for it to go straight to MND Scotland.

This could be a whole GN thread on it's own, but what would folk prefer, raising a heap of cash to help one guy or giving it to the MND research charities to potentially help thousands in the future?

I ask as one of my colleagues was diagnosed with this last year and our work raised an incredible ~£20k which the woman requested for it to go straight to MND Scotland.

I actually have no idea if the money is going to Ricksens family or MND Scotland. TBH both are deserving and hopefully both benefit from the game and the Charity Dinner

I actually have no idea if the money is going to Ricksens family or MND Scotland. TBH both are deserving and hopefully both benefit from the game and the Charity Dinner

I'd like to think that the monies raised go to MND Scotland, although i feel for the poor guy you would think he has made enough money through football to look after his family when he has gone :(

There are are load of folk and families out there who could do with the cash/help that would never make that kind of money.

Archived