The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

http://architectureau.com/articles/stadio-della-roma/

See for the new Roma stadium, will players actually appear from a hydraulic lift instead of a tunnel, or was that just some imagery for the video release thingy? Surely that's too good to be true? I'm refusing to believe it for now, but it would be smart as f**k.

ETA: Apparently it's true. Yass. Would be a bit shite if it broke down whilst lifting the players up though.

I'm picturing something akin to when Ivan Drago makes his entrance to fight Apollo Creed in Rocky IV.

Edited by DA Baracus

So after all this, Liverpool's expansion plan is 'add something like the club deck at Ibrox' ?!

That'll be phase 3 when they add to the top of the Centenary stand to take the capacity to 68000 ... you'll be able to see it from Woodison.

• 6 months later...

Courtesy of the Football League Show, this is Southend's proposed new stadium, Fossett's Farm. It seems to have been on the cards for a while though so whether it actually goes ahead remains to be seen.

Fossetts-farm-stadium.jpg

2389153.jpg?type=articleLandscape

capturesu1.jpg

Looks like a giant sperm

• 2 months later...

Whats happening to the San Siro? Inter Milan taking it over?

Good to see them getting in on the cancer charity fundraising with the #wearemcmillan campaign.

I don't like that.

It doesn't look like a football ground. It looks like a collection of buildings with a football ground in the middle. They've tried to be futuristic and I don't think it works.

Also, 48,000 seater? Who the f**k decided that's a good capacity? At least round it up to 50,000 or something for f**k sakes.

I know they don't fill the San Siro but surely a club of their size should have a bigger capacity than that?

Juventus went with something similar, their new stadium is only around about 41,000 after leaving the Delle Alpi stadium which was about 70,000. I am sure I read somewhere that thanks to Juventus playing at a stadium they now own, they make about twice as much for selling out a smaller stadium than they did for half filling a stadium with twice the capacity. Perhaps that is Milan's thinking with their new stadium.

Juventus went with something similar, their new stadium is only around about 41,000 after leaving the Delle Alpi stadium which was about 70,000. I am sure I read somewhere that thanks to Juventus playing at a stadium they now own, they make about twice as much for selling out a smaller stadium than they did for half filling a stadium with twice the capacity. Perhaps that is Milan's thinking with their new stadium.

The increase in revenue for Juventus is one of the main reasons why they are so far ahead of the other clubs in Italy at the minute, they're the only club that actually owns their stadium. Thankfully things are starting to change and most teams realise that the ways things are now isn't worth it and they're investing in new stadiums. Roma, Fiorentina, and now Milan are the 3 bigger sides which have concrete plans as far as I'm aware, with Udinese and Cagliari both renovating. Sampdoria, Inter, Lazio and Torino also have unconfirmed plans.

Edited by Zanetti