The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

It was never going to happen, but it would have been amazing if Chelsea had been able to go through with their Battersea Power Station proposal.

article-2163169-13BC4295000005DC-45_964x

Sampdoria-esque.

• 2 weeks later...

Its certainly going to be a big stand adding 8000 (mostly corporate seats)

iefHpyD.jpg

@spikeysnapperJ

NaO2EmW.jpg

@spikeysnapperJ

it looks like it is going to fit. I'd imagine someone will get the sack if it does not!

The people at the front won't be able to see for that old stand.

A6yvBAm.jpg

Looks like those pics would be taken from where the homes of the locals who were forced out or had their properties devalued by Liverpool Football Club running down the area so that they could build the stand once stood.

Edited by 7-2

Club of the people my arse.

Was at Anfield for the first time last season and the surrounding area was a sh1thole that reminded me of Belfast at the height of the Troubles in the Seventies.

Yip. That with what 7-2 mentioned and the usual high BPL ticket prices they can't claim to be that at all. However they can still sell to the morons with that whole theory who will buy into it every day.

Club of the people my arse.

Was at Anfield for the first time last season and the surrounding area was a sh1thole that reminded me of Belfast at the height of the Troubles in the Seventies.

Aye but they're mostly (if not all???) vacants are they not? Ready to be knocked down.

Yip. That with what 7-2 mentioned and the usual high BPL ticket prices they can't claim to be that at all. However they can still sell to the morons with that whole theory who will buy into it every day.

I'm not sure people support Liverpool because they claim to be a 'club of the people' tbh

Aye but they're mostly (if not all???) vacants are they not? Ready to be knocked down.

Did Liverpool not buy up a lot of the properties and leave them to rot though, as a result dragging the value of those inhabited properties down with them as the area degenerated?

Did Liverpool not buy up a lot of the properties and leave them to rot though, as a result dragging the value of those inhabited properties down with them as the area degenerated?

Aye, they completely ruined the area with a view to forcing out the people who wouldn't sell up.

I'm not sure people support Liverpool because they claim to be a 'club of the people' tbh

Nope but they'll be plenty of thick fans who will trot out this line much like Celtic and TGFITW chat. Play to the thick ideologies and keep the idiots clapping along.