People who have changed from undecided/no to yes

conboyhibs

Many people change their attitudes when they get older.

They have possessions now such as a pension, car, a fully paid off house all of which gives them a comfortable life.

Older people as a group have always feared change - especially when that change is driven by younger people.

You see this in their attitudes to modern music over the last 80 years.

It's partly the risk-averse nature which says "I already have everything I have spent my life working for. Why should I risk that for anyone" but IMO it's most;y about a feeling of being left redundant.

For perhaps 40 years these people have been in charge of everything from companies to government to being parents.

Now suddenly they find they are being marginalised by a world which moves on regardless of their dwindling influence.

Younger generations no longer seek their views or advice.

Voting No is the last stance of defiance from a group of voters determined to force their relevance onto a world which no longer listens to them or covets their advice.

Let's be honest, we write people off at 65 when we shouldn't.

It's not surprising that there is an edge of defiance from them.

They also have piss poor pensions and NO interest on their savings.

Who gave them that? Mr Broon.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh piss off with this. No-one 'likes' Westminster mate. Well, except these loons.

64MatthewBellBBC.jpg

Golding-Demotix-Guy-Corbish.jpg

Who the f**k is that loathsome little ginga toad with the bad shirt, the terrible tie that he can't put on properly, the jacket that's way too bog for him and the hairdo? You can't unsee that shit. :(

Another pal who was staunch No for months has just come over to the Yes side.

I am surprised and delighted about these last minute changes of heart all over the place, I'm seeing loads at the moment, it's mental.

Are some people finally contemplating the prospect of voting No on their conscience for years?

Are some people finally contemplating the prospect of voting No on their conscience for years?

They really, really should.

I did say more and more people will pull their heads out their arses.

I didn't think it would happen but it is.

The No vote is only getting softer and softer the closer we get. There is Yes stuff all over the place in Aberdeen and the shire.

Trying not to get my hopes up but I'm as optimistic as I've ever been.

I didn't think it would happen but it is.

The No vote is only getting softer and softer the closer we get. There is Yes stuff all over the place in Aberdeen and the shire.

Trying not to get my hopes up but I'm as optimistic as I've ever been.

I saw another 3 car stickers and a house sticker this morning.

The tide has turned. One more lampost sticker and that will be Yes a certainty IMO

Just knew those car stickers would be the thing to break you.

It was the house sticker to be honest.

Car stickers can be explained away, but when we've reached 10 house stickers for the country, it's just too much. Yes have won.

And yet the ONLY people I see wearing NO badges are old people.

Weird.

I saw a guy in the supermarket a couple weeks back (probably about early 30s) who was wearing two.

Don't get the point of that tbh. It just comes across as trying too hard to appear passionate about your vote.

Not going to lie in that I've seen more UKOK car stickers gradually appearing as weeks have gone on. Have seen more Yes stuff in turn though.

I saw my fist NO THANKS sticker on a car last week; I've not seen any 'static' ones. I do a fair bit of driving and I find it strange that I have not seen more support for the NO campaign; lots for the YES.

I wonder if this will impact on the undecideds/soft Nos.

Maybe a topic for a different thread but a 49% to 51% vote either way could prove interesting.

I saw a guy in the supermarket a couple weeks back (probably about early 30s) who was wearing two.

Don't get the point of that tbh. It just comes across as trying too hard to appear passionate about your vote.

Not going to lie in that I've seen more UKOK car stickers gradually appearing as weeks have gone on. Have seen more Yes stuff in turn though.

It's like Thatcher all over again - instead of silent Tories we have silent No voters.

Dundee may well be the highest voting Yes area in the country.

Have spotted 2 No stickers in Dundee,but ,literally,hundreds of Yes all over the city.

From French website La Croix:

http://www.la-croix.com/Actualite/Europe/A-Dundee-dans-l-est-de-l-Ecosse-la-ferveur-des-independantistes-2014-08-18-1193282

Article translation:

A Dundee in the east of Scotland, the fervor for independence

Dundee city is the stronghold of the Scottish National Party First Minister Alex Salmond independence. It owes its recent success to its social democratic strategy.

With this article

Heated exchanges during the debate on Scottish independence

Strolling through the streets of Dundee, difficult to imagine that the independence referendum will only take place in a month. Hundreds of windows of the fourth city in Scotland have in fact been used by their owners to showcase their commitment to the cause supported by the Prime Minister Alex Salmond and his Scottish National Party (SNP).

By counting the number of small rectangular stickers and posters exposing the "Yes", Stewart Hosie jubilant. "People do not normally get involved in a campaign a week or ten days before the vote," says the elected SNP. "But I'm even more surprised by the total lack of posters in favor of not even in the most conservative areas. Hope remains that the enthusiasm of Scots allows us to pass on the wire. "According to the latest poll dated appeared in the Scottish Daily Mail, 50% of the population is opposed to independence, 37% are in favor and 13% undecided.

Almost two-thirds vote for the separatist party

Dundee is a city like no other. While the SNP sentence in the other three major urban areas of the country, he got there on average 60.9% of the votes in the two districts of the municipality, at the Scottish parliamentary election in 2011, against 37% in Edinburgh 45.2% to 48.8% in Glasgow and Aberdeen. In the municipal election of the following year, he managed the feat of electing its candidates with an average of 43.3% of the votes, against 26.9% in Edinburgh, 32.6% in Glasgow and 31 3% in Aberdeen.

"Our first success here date back to the 1970s, explains the man who is one of six SNP MPs at Westminster. But our real take-off coincided with our arrival in power in 2007 in a coalition with Labour. Our policies, including the freezing of council tax, stopping the toll on the bridge in the city and maintaining free for prescription drugs, have made us very popular. "

Urban progress according to advocates of the SNP

Julia, a retiree of 68 years met on the pier Broughty Ferry, the plush surroundings of the city, "the SNP has undoubtedly much modernized Dundee. They have already destroyed horrible towers to replace them with new housing, not to mention the tremendous work of the waterfront. "In surveying the poorest neighborhoods, in terms of regeneration and social housing actually obvious.

"While the Labour Party opted here for a policy similar to that of the Conservatives, we stayed close to our social democratic theme," says Stewart Hosie. "In addition to the destruction and reconstruction, we have improved the quality of thousands of public housing. "The municipality had indeed been singled out by national authorities for its unsanitary housing stock. It has deployed a budget of 150 million pounds (180 million euros).

Although she voted construction by 2018 of 622 new housing units in addition to the existing 21 341, this choice is controversial: according to the charity Shelter, 5732 families were indeed recorded last year in lists waiting for social housing, for an estimated waiting time to seven years.

Encourage conservation

Eager to showcase its urban Dundee, the SNP launched in parallel a major project to renovate its waterfront.'s Total investment, half-private, half-public, amounts to 1.2 billion euros . The program includes a new station, many hotels and restaurants, homes and offices, a marina, gardens and future high-end of the city attraction, a design museum mounted by teams from the famous London V & A Museum (Victoria & Albert Museum) to the stunning architecture. All these areas will be completed in 2015 and 2016.

This project will also serve as stimulus to the city. Dundee's hard indeed to promote economic activity and average per capita income (€ 2,262 monthly) is among the lowest in the UK. Promising signs, yet they showed an increase. And sign a new appeal after declining by 30% between 1971 and 2007, its population rises slowly since 2008.

Archived