South Park - Stick of Truth

P.C

Had a quick look but couldn't see a thread for this so thought id add it on given its being released next month after a few delays. The game is basically a turned based RPG where you create and control your own South Park character, as the "new kid" you get to interact with the usual characters and battle fearsome foes as a fighter, cleric, thief, mage or Jew

Trey Park and Matt Stone were heavily involved with the making of the game and it looks just like an episode of South Park

There is a gameplay video if someone can attach it (im at work)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jock001, on 26 Feb 2014 - 14:01, said:

I won't be getting this new. It looks really funny in parts but it also seems to be based on final fantasy style turn based combat. I've never found that fun.

I'd rather spend the cash on a pile of SP box sets.

Heathen.

I've not really watched South Park since about season 8, so I imagine quite a lot of the jokes would be lost on me. This game should be good though, they've been working on it for years.

360 and PS3 versions to be censored in Europe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-censored-in-europe

Just preordered it on the 360. Don't understand why they've censored it however. Anal probe scenes have been shown on the telly show prior

No doubt groups out there who think computer games still influence childrens behaviour and they will obviously mimic what the characters are doing (despite it already being a 18 certificate...)

No doubt groups out there who think computer games still influence childrens behaviour and they will obviously mimic what the characters are doing (despite it already being a 18 certificate...)

I'm pretty sure it was a marketing decision made by Ubisoft.

It does, didnt realise there was that code, i can't access the link from link but how long is it valid to?

Will see how it goes with those who buy it before shelling out. May make me a phillistine, but turn-based combat doesn't really interest me for some reason.

Probably because it's boring, this looks brilliant though so I can deal with it

I still like the turn based games, dont get me wrong love the way RPGs have been reinvented but still enjoy a good turn based game

Same here, remember Pokemon and the final fantasy games were turn based, and were also some of my favourite childhood games.

Funny you say that I downloaded a Gameboy Advance emulator and got Pokemon Fire Red, 4 badges down already lol

Should try Lost Oddessy, from the creators of FF. Ive lost well over 200hrs playing that

Archived