cancel sky sports and buy a season book

the mount of money fans and supporters spend on sky sports in this country compared to the money the clubs get back in the tv deals is shocking,it's time fans and supporters in this country DUMPED sky and went out to buy a season book,if you love your football,football is about fans going to the game not sitting in the house and paying the fat cats.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the mount of money fans and supporters spend on sky sports in this country compared to the money the clubs get back in the tv deals is shocking,it's time fans and supporters in this country DUMPED sky and went out to buy a season book,if you love your football,football is about fans going to the game not sitting in the house and paying the fat cats.

That's a SENSATIONAL scoop there, Willy.

I do both. Do I still have to cancel sky? :unsure2:

If you have more than one child, let them all fight to the death until one winner remains. Use the money you save on food/clothes/Angry Birds add-ons to fund another season ticket.

talking about missing the point ,your club is getting ripped off by the sky,having both is part of the problem duh!

Yes, I can see that was definitely the point we missed...

"it's time fans and supporters in this country DUMPED sky and went out to buy a season book"

It+s+unbelievable+how+many+Supernatural+

talking about missing the point ,your club is getting ripped off by the sky,having both is part of the problem duh!

Well my team isnt, but thats not really relevant.

So what are Sky paying Scottish football? Maybe if you could break it down on a per game basis that would be a good start

fans and supporters complain about price of football yet they sit in the house paying sky more than the price of a season book,ticket,card,a year.

Is Bt Sport ok? I don't have Sky but have considered Bt.

Well my team isnt, but thats not really relevant.

So what are Sky paying Scottish football? Maybe if you could break it down on a per game basis that would be a good start

Sky-ESPN pay £13,000,000 for 65 games now, IIRC, so that's £200,000 per game.

Sky-ESPN pay £13,000,000 for 65 games now, IIRC, so that's £200,000 per game.

So, at a generous average ticket price of £20 that would only be 10,000 extra fans to find.

Of course, the money isnt paid out like that, is it? Its spread amongst the clubs. Is that just the Premiership deal, or does that include the rights to televise Rangers games too? Without going into a detailed breakdown, you're looking at several thousand extra season tickets just to generate the same income. No problem

I think that if you love ONE club then it's all about going to the game regardless of whether it's decent or not (quite often not). If you love football then SKY and BT allow you to watch various different leagues and styles from the comfort of your home.

So, at a generous average ticket price of £20 that would only be 10,000 extra fans to find.

Of course, the money isnt paid out like that, is it? Its spread amongst the clubs. Is that just the Premiership deal, or does that include the rights to televise Rangers games too? Without going into a detailed breakdown, you're looking at several thousand extra season tickets just to generate the same income. No problem

It's the whole Sky-ESPN deal from what I recall... They increased it from 60 SPL games to 65 games (from any division) after Rangers folded.

There's also a small deal for worldwide rights (announced in China) plus BBC Alba have rights to a few live games.

Another way to look at it is that £13,000,000 divided by 42 clubs is £310,000 per club.

Or another way would be to say that if the league-wide ST average is say £200 then it's equivalent to 65,000* adult STs.

(*65,000 is about 3/4 of a typical weekends actual league-wide attendance, btw)

Team supported: Celtic. :lol:

Archived