What have they done to Hampden?

Ledd

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the principle of having a 30k venue, but we can do that if Hampden is a two tier 60k stadium (by closing off the top tier).

I think most would prefer that to reducing the capacity, which would feel like a manifestation of terminal decline.

That's a good idea, build an extra level and the shut it half the time. Did someone mention you as a potential politician?

That's a good idea, build an extra level and the shut it half the time. Did someone mention you as a potential politician?

Cool, my first supporter!

Now that you've systematically and critically examined every aspect of my suggestion and truly blown it out of the water...let's hear your suggestion? What would your ideal setup be re the national stadium?

Agree with the principle of having a 30k venue, but we can do that if Hampden is a two tier 60k stadium (by closing off the top tier).

I think most would prefer that to reducing the capacity, which would feel like a manifestation of terminal decline.

That would be the perfect scenario, but the money to do that isn't there.

You could knock down the stands behind the goals and build two smaller ones on the cheap.

Your way would be far more expensive.

All depends on what the available funds are. Clearly nothing will happen before Euro 2020. By then we may have qualified for a few tournaments and made a bit of cash.

That would be the perfect scenario, but the money to do that isn't there.

You could knock down the stands behind the goals and build two smaller ones on the cheap.

Your way would be far more expensive.

All depends on what the available funds are. Clearly nothing will happen before Euro 2020. By then we may have qualified for a few tournaments and made a bit of cash.

Agreed my suggestion is a bit utopian. 2020 will be a watershed for our nat stad.

Cool, my first supporter!

Now that you've systematically and critically examined every aspect of my suggestion and truly blown it out of the water...let's hear your suggestion? What would your ideal setup be re the national stadium?

Sell it, use the money on development projects. Alternate internationals and big games, Use Murrayfield when required.

Or build a floating stadium that could sail round the country.

Sell it, use the money on development projects. Alternate internationals and big games, Use Murrayfield when required.

Or build a floating stadium that could sail round the country.

Why hasn't someone thought of this sooner?!

Archived