summer 2014 transfer rumours thread (may be a bit early for this)

Also, personally, I'd rather have Negredo in my team than Falcao. Falcaos the better player, but he struggled to adapt to French football, and I feel he'd struggle with English football too

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you not want the better player in your team? :blink:

As I don't think Falcao games suited to English football or Man City, Negredos a better fit

"Decent enough" won't traject Arsenal into a position to challenge for the title though. Costa, Falcao, Aguero and Balotelli leading the line at their immediate rivals. Even Lukaku at Everton. All significantly better than Welbeck, and indeed for that matter Giroud.

It's way too simplistic to suggest putting one of the above into Arsenal's starting line-up would suddenly make them title challengers, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. Wenger's taken some ridiculous stick for needing a "ball-winning midfielder" (Arteta makes the second most tackles in the EPL) and a "commanding centre back" (Mertesacker has been that for some time) but his outright refusal to sign a truly top class striker is bizarre.

Edot: and just as I've typed that seeing on Twitter they may have activated Klass-Jan Hunterlaar's release clause. Hmm.

A bit pissed off that Spurs are letting Sandro and even Holtby go when they still have shite like Capoue, Bentaleb etc. Add that in to the sale of Sigurdsson and it looks like they are going backwards. If im being honest, i cant say ive ever seen the guy from Montpellier play so i cant get overly excited about his arrival

Archived