The Alloa Athletic Thread

54 minutes ago, printer said:

I'm pleased we have Henderson back, but it remains to be seen how well he is used. Sammon has done a decent job up front the last few games and I'd like to see him retain his place.

Can Barry accommodate both successfully?

Agree with this, and I dont think Sammon gets the credit he deserves- which you can understand to a point as we arent having a good season. But again- Sammon is on a good run of form, scores against Celtic in the cup, should be flying....and he gets deployed wide left for much of the game against Clyde. Things like this crop up every week where I just dont understand the thought process or methodology behind it.

Anyway, a relief to have Henderson back- hes done the business for us in the first half of the season and might just be the critical factor in climbing the table a bit.

Also noticed in the Alloa Advertiser report that Robbo will be out for 2-3 weeks which is a blow for the Peterhead game this weekend.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Aye Robbo, had stitches on Saturday for I assume a split lip. Assume he's been drinking through a straw this week.😬

Someone kicked him in the face - I watched through the opening minutes and I'm none the wiser. Not sure I caught it on camera. I'd imagine that contributed to our bad start on Saturday as they just couldn't get the bleeding to stop and we were down to ten until Scougall came on.

Great result without really playing any football.
Very even first half but I don't understand why we need to sit back in 2nd half and invite teams onto us when we go one up.
Hopefully this gives us a boost for Tuesday and then probably the most important games the next two Saturdays.
Ps wow it was cold

40 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Very even first half but I don't understand why we need to sit back in 2nd half and invite teams onto us when we go one up.
Hopefully this gives us a boost for Tuesday and then probably the most important games the next two Saturdays.
Ps wow it was cold

I brought 3 extra layers in preparation. Very glad of that foresight. However, exposed fingers quickly froze and I couldn't use the laptop trackpad.

Not a game I will be rewatching as a classic - we won the game but I can't help but feel Peterhead lost three points. McLean was a handful and if he could have got a toe to about one of 20 dangerous crosses we'd have been deep in the mire. 

Thought King came on and played a bit of football but other than him the midfield just seemed non existant today. Bizarre how radically different that performance was from last week.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Ps wow it was cold

Respect to anyone who travelled to the game today. It's baltic at Balmoor in July.

Ok another false dawn after Saturday! I do not care about stats, how good we are in the first half, blah, blah, blah. 

Even the musings of our happy clappers who think one positive result in 15 is acceptable don't make me laugh anymore.

Ferguson must now do the decent thing and walk from our club. This debacle is totally unacceptable. I am now at my lowest point after over 32 years of supporting the club.  

Vote with your feet people and don't give them anymore. Have I actually said that..............yes, it's that bad.

Ultimately very well beaten by a perhaps improving but still poor Falkirk side, who had done their best to gift us the lead in the first half. Always looked ominous when Ferguson managed to get so many of his own signings into the starting line up, but the decision to keep Mendy in and drop Graham was disgraceful. 

There should still be enough quality in the squad to avoid 9th in spite of the management team, but given we've managed one lucky win in 3 months with that squad, who knows. Certainly our future is bleak as long as Ferguson and Malcolm are in charge. 

19 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Ok another false dawn after Saturday! I do not care about stats, how good we are in the first half, blah, blah, blah. 

Even the musings of our happy clappers who think one positive result in 15 is acceptable don't make me laugh anymore.

Ferguson must now do the decent thing and walk from our club. This debacle is totally unacceptable. I am now at my lowest point after over 32 years of supporting the club.  

Vote with your feet people and don't give them anymore. Have I actually said that..............yes, it's that bad.

Who's the happy clappers you refer to? Because I don't know anyone who's happy watching this.

So many questions after that second half debacle. After the Peterhead game, why the hell is Andy Graham the centre half dropped? Did the manager watch the game? It's almost like we are being trolled with that one.

Henderson and Sammon have quality to do damage as a front 2 yet they spend all night chasing aimless hit and hope balls. 

We are in February and I'm yet to see a plan, structure or balance to the midfield. As I've said previously, you'd think that's the one thing he would get right. We are a million miles away from the midfield of 2 years ago.

No problem with losing a football match. But we showed nothing at all second half.

Absolutely dross in the second half . players running about again who have been garbage all season......Mendy and king who are completely useless. Guaranteed a start . What the f**k did he say to them at half time. Absolute shambles. Well beat in the end

Ferguson’s character on Only anExcuse was perfect. Add to that a pal who drives ice cream vans…we were well happy to get rid of him..after Alloa he might get another Junior club or shake hands with Hospitality guests at ibrox.

What a shambles of a team we now are.
No leadership, no obvious tactics, no real threat going forward and a real danger of back to back relegations.
The kind of football playing team that Alloa had grown to become has been completely destroyed and I have real concerns this season could have serious consequences that may take years to recover from.

Will the chairman stand up, accept he has made mistake and try to salvage what is left of this season?
I sadly think he may not. I fear he has taken his eye off the ball due to all his other 'football' commitments.

Only someone as inept as Ferguson could have turned what was if not a good at least a decent first half performance into the shambles of the 2nd. Any owner with sense would  have binned this clown back last year. Blame Ferguson but also blame Mulraney for this mess.

10 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Who's the happy clappers you refer to? Because I don't know anyone who's happy watching this.

So many questions after that second half debacle. After the Peterhead game, why the hell is Andy Graham the centre half dropped? Did the manager watch the game? It's almost like we are being trolled with that one.

Henderson and Sammon have quality to do damage as a front 2 yet they spend all night chasing aimless hit and hope balls. 

We are in February and I'm yet to see a plan, structure or balance to the midfield. As I've said previously, you'd think that's the one thing he would get right. We are a million miles away from the midfield of 2 years ago.

No problem with losing a football match. But we showed nothing at all second half.

Indeed, the manager just seems to shoehorn players in with no obvious reasoning. 

Dropping Cawley is always a mistake IMO (assuming he is fit), but doing so on what would be his 400th appearance (a genuinely tremendous achievement) is just dreadful man management and lacks class. Remember he did the same thing for Robbo's 200th. It's almost like it is deliberate to show he's the boss. What a fanny.

Final straw for me and he has to go now.

9 minutes ago, printer said:

Indeed, the manager just seems to shoehorn players in with no obvious reasoning. 

Dropping Cawley is always a mistake IMO (assuming he is fit), but doing so on what would be his 400th appearance (a genuinely tremendous achievement) is just dreadful man management and lacks class. Remember he did the same thing for Robbo's 200th. It's almost like it is deliberate to show he's the boss. What a fanny.

Final straw for me and he has to go now.

Youre right awful man management, ill bet there was some award set up for Kevin as well which no doubt would be put on hold, how does he expect players to be playing for him with acts like this, 

The inclusion of Mendy for Andy Graham is another and nothing that happens now surprises me as its almost like he's saying its my ball and ill decide who plays, 

Three of them need to go including Paddy Connolly, id think more of him if he came out and said I can't work with these muppets anymore