The Alloa Athletic Thread

Buzzing for Saturday when we get a first look at this team - I know it's preseason & they'll be chopping and changing but I'd like to see this line up.

Parry; Taggart, Marr, Graham, Waters; Goodwin, Holmer; Cawley, Flannigan; Spence & Longworth.

I'd be more than happy to start the season with that but it does mean more than capable players like Hetherington, Robertson, Kirkpatrick miss out. So many options in midfield!

Buzzing for Saturday when we get a first look at this team - I know it's preseason & they'll be chopping and changing but I'd like to see this line up.

Parry; Taggart, Marr, Graham, Waters; Goodwin, Holmer; Cawley, Flannigan; Spence & Longworth.

I'd be more than happy to start the season with that but it does mean more than capable players like Hetherington, Robertson, Kirkpatrick miss out. So many options in midfield!

Layne and Spence should be your strike partnership IMO.

But is he ok?

Fine figure of a man :wub:  post-175-0-97292700-1466450729_thumb.jpg

Layne and Spence should be your strike partnership IMO.

I think it's fair to say that Isaac has a better reputation among followers of League 1 teams last season than he does with Alloa fans. He hasn't thus far shown enough in an Alloa jersey to suggest he would be a starter. Hopefully he will kick on and prove himself in the months ahead. As it stands I would like to see Longworth and Spence and Cawley in behind, with Layne and Hynd ready to come in when required.

Fine figure of a man :wub:attachicon.gifholmer.JPG

I think it's fair to say that Isaac has a better reputation among followers of League 1 teams last season than he does with Alloa fans. He hasn't thus far shown enough in an Alloa jersey to suggest he would be a starter. Hopefully he will kick on and prove himself in the months ahead. As it stands I would like to see Longworth and Spence and Cawley in behind, with Layne and Hynd ready to come in when required.

Certainly looks better in that pic than the 1st one.

Having looked at all the squads in depth,I wouldn't change Stranraer's squad for any other team,remember Jamie couldn't get into our first 11 last season,the blues could go tomorrow not many teams can say that,a wealth of experience in our team of this League,really can't believe the bookies don't have us favourites.

Having looked at all the squads in depth,I wouldn't change Stranraer's squad for any other team,remember Jamie couldn't get into our first 11 last season,the blues could go tomorrow not many teams can say that,a wealth of experience in our team of this League,really can't believe the bookies don't have us favourites.

We're not completely relying on Longworth, he's not the main striker at this point. I'd say Spence is. But don't worry - I wouldn't swap Alloa's team for Stranraer's anyway, so you're fine.

We're not completely relying on Longworth, he's not the main striker at this point. I'd say Spence is. But don't worry - I wouldn't swap Alloa's team for Stranraer's anyway, so you're fine.

Watched Spence play against Stranraer at the backend of last season and didn't get a kick and we have almost the same defence again this season,no probs.

Favorites for the league? Behave.

Finish above Alloa? More than likely.