The Alloa Athletic Thread

Who would you say wise man,go on tell me go down the full time route and say Airdrie or Livi,I would say no chance to these 2.

Livi

Stinlar

Airdrie

Alloa

Stevie Aitken to give you yer telts in the playoff final. Another successful season doon the road.

Stranraer have a pretty competent team but they did finish 4th last season. Granted there is no big gun in the league this season but the blues would need to perform a level above last season if they're to challenge.

Alloa finished last season pretty well so I'm expecting them to do well in this league.

Having looked at all the squads in depth,I wouldn't change Stranraer's squad for any other team,remember Jamie couldn't get into our first 11 last season,the blues could go tomorrow not many teams can say that,a wealth of experience in our team of this League,really can't believe the bookies don't have us favourites.

Looking at that Stranraer squad it looks very formidable indeed. Hoping and praying that the manager can finally get the Ian Black and Herve Ebanda deals over the finishing line. Those additions would at least give us a chance of clinging to the coattails of the Stair Park juggernaut.

Looking at that Stranraer squad it looks very formidable indeed. Hoping and praying that the manager can finally get the Ian Black and Herve Ebanda deals over the finishing line. Those additions would at least give us a chance of clinging to the coattails of the Stair Park juggernaut.

We may have a fighting chance.

Livi

Stinlar

Airdrie

Alloa

Stevie Aitken to give you yer telts in the playoff final. Another successful season doon the road.

Livi are a mess, managed by a mess and seemingly being funded/ran by an even bigger mess.  I genuinely think they could be closer to relegation that the title.

Having looked at all the squads in depth,I wouldn't change Stranraer's squad for any other team,remember Jamie couldn't get into our first 11 last season,the blues could go tomorrow not many teams can say that,a wealth of experience in our team of this League,really can't believe the bookies don't have us favourites.

So could Alloa.

I wish Stranraer were favourites!

As things currently stand, there's no gimmes in this league regardless of how strong a squad any team 'currently' has. I fully expect Airdrie and Peterhead to sign a few more soon whereas Stranraer and Alloa have both played their cards early (something I wish Danny Lennon had done last summer) and have decent enough squads right now. Brechin have signed a few as well and look pretty decent and East Fife seem quite confident with their squad from last season too.

Who knows what Livingston will do next! It wouldn't be a huge surprise if both full-time teams this season fall a bit flat with Airdrie perhaps just getting accustomed to full-time football this season. The player turnover already may have even taken them a little by surprise with players opting to stay part-time and play elsewhere rather than take up the option (if it was offered to them) of playing football full-time. With the wages available for full-time League 1 football, I'd imagine they'll make more money playing part-time and keeping their jobs outwith football anyway. It may also be too late to add quality over quantity and they'll maybe need to sign shirt-fillers to make up their squad numbers.

Still 6 or 7 weeks until the league begins anyway and in that time there'll be player changes to squads, odds changes in the bookies and then loan deals will be sought soon after too.

We need a centre half yet and a Striker also

McKenna and Duffy please !!!!

We don't need a striker at all. We have Spence, Longworth, Layne & Hynd. Also Kevin Cawley. Anyway Duffy is going to County or Motherwell.

Wouldn't mind another CB option in central defence, we wouldn't get McKenna though.