Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to rumours, McKeown has been released. Has anyone else heard this?

Allan Preston, who I think is McKeown's agent as well as being a massive throbber, said so on Radio Scotland today, so I'd imagine that it would be true. Just isn't going to cut it at this level I'm afraid. Cowdenbeath fans weren't exactly glowing in their reviews of his performance since dropping down a division, and was anonymous in both play-off ties v Dunfermline.

Winchester has barely featured in Northern Irish fitba', so is another that probably won't cut it.

Willie Gros being released is phenomenal news though. I mentioned here that I'd heard at the time of him signing his "3 year deal" that it was in fact a one-year deal, with a further two that came into effect should he play a certain amount of games this season. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Don't let the door smack yer ginormous posterior on the way out Mr Gros.

I like Willy Gros, talked to him a lot before and after games. When he gets a decent run in the team he's a good player, remember last season he got 6/7 starts in a row and was probably Motm in 4 of them. He's not a goal scoring striker though, but with Gros' pace and shot and Boyd (if he doesn't leave) would be good upfront IMO.

I'm a willy Gros fan boy tbh :wub:

I like Willy Gros, talked to him a lot before and after games. When he gets a decent run in the team he's a good player, remember last season he got 6/7 starts in a row and was probably Motm in 4 of them. He's not a goal scoring striker though, but with Gros' pace and shot and Boyd (if he doesn't leave) would be good upfront IMO.

I'm a willy Gros fan boy tbh :wub:

His only 'move' is cut-inside and hit the ball really hard.

He reportedly has severe attitude issues, and has fallen out with several managers/coaches down to his lack of motivation. Then, he goes through spells of trying hard and gets rewarded with playing time. Cue him slacking off again.

Glad to see him go. As will the lassies he pesters in Sugar.

Fair enough the slagging etc, but I don't get why your so quick to write him off as 'pish' QLP. I'm pretty willing to give any Killie player a chance, as are you. You always preach about the potential of Jackson Irvine - and I agree with you - who is also seen as pish by many fans. I know Gros has been here for a few years now, but he's only really had one proper run in the first team and he proved to be good in that time. Irvine less than a year younger than Gros, so how come he's young and has potential and Gros doesn't?

I'd have loaned Gros out to the Championship to see if there is actually a player in there somewhere. He has shown flashes but very rarely. His performance as a sub at Thistle away is one of the highlights of my season - he was unplayable.

I'd have loaned Gros out to the Championship to see if there is actually a player in there somewhere. He has shown flashes but very rarely. His performance as a sub at Thistle away is one of the highlights of my season - he was unplayable.

Yes I agree. If he'd got some game time then we would know where we stand with him.

I always viewed Gros as being like Sammon. All he needed was a few starts and a player like Eremenko playing the ball for him to run onto, and you could easily have a striker with 10+ goals a season.

Spittal is signing with another Prem club I believe, Sheridan is still under contract at Apoel, we have Eremenko (though I believe he will leave) and same with Boyd. I also think Ben Gordon is still under contract (correct me if I'm wrong County fans).

Archived