Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

Isn't it pathetic the way these Ross County fans are clutching at straws in the hope Inverness will be that decimated that their team may get a rare win?

I'd prefer 'desperate'.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't seem to be much seethe from the ICT fans, yet Wigan play in front of 12,000 and may well be relegated come the end of the season. Surely a sideways step?

Wigan aren't a mere one point ahead of us in the Premiership and they have far more potential than a club like Aberdeen.

Quote from Kenny Cameron on the BBC site

"We are forever mindful of the risk of losing players during any transfer window and, as always, have contingency plans in place should agreement on personal terms be reached with Billy," added Cameron.

I assume that means we'll have someone lined up sharpish, whichis good as we literally don't have any other strikers.

Wigan aren't a mere one point ahead of us in the Premiership and they have far more potential than a club like Aberdeen.

absolute rubbish,Wigan is an egg chasing town while most of the football fans follow one of the Liverpool or manchester clubs where's the potential in that.

Maybe if the people of inverness got behind their club instead of following the 2 arse cheeks ict wouldn't be seen as a feeder club for bigger spl clubs including aberdeen.

Quote from Kenny Cameron on the BBC site :

"We are forever mindful of the risk of losing players during any transfer window and, as always, have contingency plans in place should agreement on personal terms be reached with Billy," added Cameron.

I assume that means we'll have someone lined up sharpish, whichis good as we literally don't have any other strikers.

And presumably not quite all done and dusted yet, although I did read somewhere yesterday that he'll be doubling his salary if he completes this move. I would want to double my salary if I was offered a move to a dump of a town like Wigan.

£150k isn't too bad when you consider he only has 4 months left on his deal. I'd anticipate we would get a next transfer % written into the contract and maybe a home pre-season friendly.

We can't grudge the reasons behind Shinnie (family) and Mckay's (ambition) moves. They've both served us well and will be replaced by new heroes.

absolute rubbish,Wigan is an egg chasing town while most of the football fans follow one of the Liverpool or manchester clubs where's the potential in that.

Maybe if the people of inverness got behind their club instead of following the 2 arse cheeks ict wouldn't be seen as a feeder club for bigger spl clubs including aberdeen.

More fans does not equal bigger club. Aberdeen have won one trophy in the last 20 years. So have Wigan. There are far more exciting games in the Championship than the Scottish Premiership for a player to be involved with and greater potential to move into the EPL if they do well enough.

Feeder club for "bigger" SPL clubs? We've sold about two players to other SPL clubs in the past decade.

More fans does not equal bigger club. Aberdeen have won one trophy in the last 20 years. So have Wigan. There are far more exciting games in the Championship than the Scottish Premiership for a player to be involved with and greater potential to move into the EPL if they do well enough.

Feeder club for "bigger" SPL clubs? We've sold about two players to other SPL clubs in the past decade.

shinnie,Hayes,robson and black would suggest otherwise and that's only the ones I can remember.also you have lost managers to us hearts and utd.

As for the championship my in laws live in Wolverhampton and I have been to a few wolves games when visiting,trust me that league like all English football is massively overhyped.

shinnie,Hayes,robson and black would suggest otherwise and that's only the ones I can remember.also you have lost managers to us hearts and utd.

As for the championship my in laws live in Wolverhampton and I have been to a few wolves games when visiting,trust me that league like all English football is massively overhyped.

Shinnie, Hayes and Black I'll give you. Robson was over 10 years ago when we were in the First Division. Going by the amount of players Aberdeen have sold to the Old Firm over that period you could just as easily make a case for Aberdeen being a feeder club for bigger Scottish clubs.

Overhyped it may be, but it still offers players more than staying in Scotland, financially and otherwise.

Anyway, I'm quite excited that we now have the potential to pay a transfer fee for a player for the first time in ages.

I'm not sure Mckay would be certain to leave. They are in a mess and have a great chance of playing in league 1 next year. Obviously wasn't their main target either. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Hearts, Hibs or Sevco.

Can't think of much players going there apart from mulgrew and foster and believe me we didn't mind losing foster.

Who would you like caley to sign.

Aluko?

I don't know really, though I'm sure there are some strikers in our Championship who would be able to make the step up.

Doesn't seem to be much seethe from the ICT fans, yet Wigan play in front of 12,000 and may well be relegated come the end of the season. Surely a sideways step?

That's because as BarraJag, late of this parish, so often pointed out, Mckay was over the hill and overrated in the first place. :rolleyes:

I'm absolutely fucking gutted about this, if I'm honest. Saturday showed just how much he added to the team. He may not have scored, but he was onto absolutely everything going forward, forced McGovern into a couple of top-class saves, and caught the Hamilton defence on their heels beautifully in the move for the clinching goal. Fantastic workrate, good positional sense and a great finisher when he's at the top of his game. Will be very hard to replace, but good luck to him.

Archived